Home School Dads

Line

Spacespace
Message Boards
Stripes

space
Home School Dads
A Website for Fathers who Home School

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

n Sunday. "I feel like Im playing better and I

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home School Dads Forum Index -> Reasons for Starting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bellis555

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:21 pm    Post subject: n Sunday. "I feel like Im playing better and I Reply with quote

DENVER -- Phil Kessel keeps scoring and the Toronto Maple Leafs keep on winning. Cheap Vikings Jerseys China . That four-game skid in early January seems as if its a long time ago. Kessel scored twice, James van Riemsdyk had a goal and an assist and the Maple Leafs beat the Colorado Avalanche 5-2 on Tuesday night for their sixth straight win. Nazem Kadri also scored and James Reimer stopped 35 shots for Toronto. Kessel has been one of the hottest players in the league over the past 12 days, and it came at the right time for his team. The Maple Leafs were struggling when Kessel started scoring. He has six goals and eight assists during Torontos winning streak. "With Phil, if he continues to get chances, hes got a history behind him and he knows how to score goals," Toronto coach Randy Carlyle said. The Maple Leafs are on their longest winning streak in eight years after losing four in a row. Toronto has climbed to fourth in the Eastern Conference during its win streak. The previous time Toronto won six straight was Dec. 23, 2005-Jan. 2, 2006. "Theres a lot more life in the room," defenceman Dion Phaneuf said. "Weve got a confidence in our dressing room that we feel good about ourselves." Kessel was playing for the University of Minnesota during Torontos previous six-game winning streak, but now hes leading the way for the Leafs ahead of the Sochi Olympics next month, where he will be part of Team USA once again. "Were winning, thats the most important thing," Kessel said. Rookie Nathan MacKinnon scored two goals for the Avalanche, and Jean-Sebastien Giguere had 19 saves in relief of Semyon Varlamov. "We lost the game in the second period," MacKinnon said. "Their goalie made some good saves for them. Weve been playing well of late, but we cant let this game get us down too much." Colorado generated more early chances but Toronto scored first. Phaneuf sent a puck from his own end off the backboards and Kessel, who got behind the Avalanche defence, put a soft shot past Varlamov 3:56 into the game. "Dion made a good play, I kind of whiffed on it but it went in," Kessel said. The Avalanche failed to capitalize on two early power plays, and the Maple Leafs made it 2-0 on their first try on van Riemsdyks 20th goal at 17:41. Kadri redirected Jake Gardiners shot from the point 2:55 into the second period, giving Toronto a 3-0 lead and chasing Varlamov. Varlamov allowed three goals on 10 shots. "I think Varly was just a bit tired," Avalanche coach Patrick Roy said. "I almost took him out after the first period. I didnt see in him the same energy that hes shown since the start of the year. When he gave up that third goal theres no need to push that." Giguere came in and Kessel made it 4-0 with his second of the night and team-leading 26th of the season. He nearly had his second hat trick of the season, but was denied by Jean-Sebastien Giguere in the third. Kessel finished with eight shots on goal. "I had a bunch tonight," Kessel said. "I missed some good chances." Giguere settled down, and the Avalanche finally got on the board when MacKinnon scored on a 2-on-1 break with P.A. Parenteau at 18:35 of the second period. Colorado turned up the pressure in the third and scored again on MacKinnons high wrist shot at 5:07. It was his 17th goal of the season. Colorado pulled Giguere for an extra skater with 2:56 remaining, but Jay McClement scored into the empty net to seal the win. "We played a decent enough of a hockey game to give ourselves a chance," Carlyle said. "The home teams going to come with a push and we withstood that." NOTES: Toronto RW Joffrey Lupul had two assists. ... Kessel extended his point streak to seven games. ... The Avalanche honoured referee Brad Watson before the game. Watson was officiating in his 1,000th NHL game. ... Colorado activated Parenteau and D Nate Guenin from the injured list. Parenteau missed 10 games with a sprained left knee and Guenin was out for seven games with an ankle injury. Cheap Jerick McKinnon Jersey . Now, he might be their hottest pitcher. Lobstein earned up his first major league victory Sunday night, allowing one run in 5 2-3 innings in the Tigers 6-1 win over the San Francisco Giants. Cheap Dalvin Cook Jersey . Huntington doesnt want to help run the club unless Hurdle is in the dugout. The combination thats returned the franchise to respectability will remain intact for years to come. http://www.cheapvikingsjerseyselite.com/ . "This doesnt end anything," he said. "Weve got 10-1 in our last 11 games, and were going home in first place. We just have to keep playing the way we are right now.PARIS Milos Raonic almost seemed offended by the question. On Wednesday, Raonic was asked about the challenges that will come facing Frenchman Gilles Simon at the French Open on Friday with a partisan Parisian crowd likely looking to influence the outcome of the third-round match. "The lines are the same, courts are the same, go out there and play tennis," Raonic said describing his approach. So, a hostile crowd doesnt bother the eighth seed at all? "I hope not," Raonic quipped. The Thornhill, Ont. native is used to playing in enemy territory. Last year he beat Frenchman Michael Llodra, ranked 55th at the time, in four sets in the second round at Roland Garros. He beat James Blake in straight sets in the third round of the US Open in 2012 although the American did enter the match ranked 114th. Raonic has fallen victim to the hometown hero at a slam, though, losing to former world No. 1 Lleyton Hewitt in four sets at the Australian Open two years ago. But Raonic insists the Australian fans had no impact on him. "I think the only thing it really brought out was the best in Lleyton. I dont think it really got down on me. I have been in situations since then, I have played James in New York, so I have been in similar situations and I cant really predict, assume, or worry too much about whats going to be happening and whats going to be said. Ive got to focus really on just playing." Most recently, Raonic posted an impressive five-set marathon win over Janko Tipsarevic during Davis Cup play in Belgrade last year. He lost to Novak Djokovic in straight sets a couple days later although the opening set went to a tiebreak. "Its never easy playing Novak with a Serbian crowd. There are many situations I have already been in. I have learned from them and I just keep it within myself. I just focus on myself," the 23-year-old said. Simon and Raonic played just once before with Raonic triumphing in a tight three-set battle in Portugal (Estoril) three years ago. "I played him on clay there," Raonic said. "I think Im a much better player than I was baack then, but at the same time I believe he plays much better here than he does throughout the rest of the clay events. Cheap Vikings Jerseys. ." Simon, the 29th seed, has cruised through his first two matches of this years French Open dropping just 11 games. In contrast, Raonic has lost 23. "Its going to be a difficult match," Raonic said. "But I think I will have my opportunities to take control and dictate and thats going to be the most important thing." Raonic has run into some rough patches early in his two matches in the French capital. He was forced into a tiebreaker in the opening set against Jiri Vesely on Wednesday ultimately besting the 81st-ranked Czech 7-6(4), 6-4, 6-1. "I felt like in the beginning I was just missing a little bit of intensity and I was letting him dictate a little bit too much. Then in the important moments I played the right way," Raonic explained. "At the beginning of the second, I sort of fell into the same slump a little bit with intensity, but then I feel like I did the right thing for the rest of the match and I gave myself plenty of opportunities." Raonic was asked why, at times, intensity is an issue early in these matches. "Sometimes you go in maybe sort of calculating, because it is three out of five, which youre a little bit unused to because [most tournaments are best of three]. I think thats really the only thing. And, also, at the beginning of matches you sort of try to find your way into it. You cant go out trying to hit close to the line, because thats never going to really work. Maybe once in a while it will, but you sort of have to find your way in. I just wasnt gradually picking it up the way I needed to during the first." In general, though, Raonic is happy with how his tournament is progressing. He beat Australian wildcard Nick Kyrgios 6-3, 7-6, 6-3 in the first round on Sunday. "I feel like Im playing better and I think I dealt a little bit better with it when I got things figured out as far as intensity. I held it on a little bit better where I struggled a little bit with my match three days ago." Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home School Dads Forum Index -> Reasons for Starting All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: