Home School Dads

Message Boards

Home School Dads
A Website for Fathers who Home School
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Izaguirre was fortunate not to be sent off for tripping

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home School Dads Forum Index -> Reasons for Starting
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:33 pm    Post subject: Izaguirre was fortunate not to be sent off for tripping Reply with quote

NAKISKA, Alta. Dee Gordon Jersey . - Olympic champion Marielle Thompson posted the top qualifying time Friday for the season-opening skicross World Cup at Nakiska Ski Area.Thompson, from Whistler, B.C., had a time of one minute 10.50 seconds. She was followed by teammate Georgia Simmerling of North Vancouver, B.C., in 1:11.07.I still feel like I could have been better in a few spots, but it was overall really good, said Thompson. I felt like I fixed my mistakes in my training runs, so that was good. Theres a smaller field here than most World Cups, but the Europeans all bring their strongest racers so itll be a good field.The top 16 women advanced to Saturdays elimination heats, which will feature four skiers racing each other down a course of turns, jumps and bumps.Im definitely looking forward to racing now that qualifyings over, said Thompson, who won her second career Crystal Globe as overall World Cup champion last season.Like Thompson, Simmerling is looking forward to testing her skills against top-flight international competition.Were both super-pumped to get in the gates with other girls, where it counts, said Simmerling. I think (a medal) can definitely happen and Im going to keep skiing smart and clean and fast. Hopefully thats whats going to happen.Switzerlands Fanny Smith finished third in qualifying while Swedens Anna Holmlund and Sandra Naeslund rounded out the top five. Smith won the inaugural World Cup race at Nakiska two years ago before finishing second behind Thompson last year.In the mens qualifiers, Calgarys Brady Leman finished fourth in 1:08.16.I just had a mistake at the bottom of the course, Leman said. Its so tight, you cant have any mistakes, but the rest of the run was OK so I guess well see.After training hard in the off-season, Leman is hoping to improve upon his third-place showing in Nakiska last year.Its a lot of work to get back here every year, he said. The first one is always so intense. Its going to be important to get out quick, for sure.Austrias Johannes Rohrweck had the fastest qualification run of the day in 1:07.91. Teammate Anton Grimus and French skier Jean Frederic Chapuis rounded out the top three.Montreals Chris Del Bosco finished ninth in a time of 1:08.46 to also advance to Saturdays races.I was looking forward to a good start here - have a decent qualifier and then its a whole different ball game, Del Bosco said. Im fired up for the season. I worked really hard this summer. Now its time for the fun. We put in all that work, so we can have fun all year. Hopefully that will translate into some good results.Four other Canadian men also made the 32-skier cut.David Duncan of London, Ont., was 17th in 1:08.80, Ian Deans of Kelowna, B.C., was 19th in 1:08.83, Tristan Tafel of Canmore, Alta., was 22nd in 1:09.05, while Louis-Pierre Helie of Berthierville, Que., was 28th in 1:09.22. Martin Prado Jersey . Tensions rose in the first period when Penguins defenceman Brooks Orpik hit Bruins forward Loui Eriksson with what appeared to be a clean hit. Ichiro Suzuki Marlins Jersey . None of them are Finlands Pekka Rinne, who stands as Canadas biggest challenge in Thursdays quarter-final round. Even while a young Finnish team has struggled with penalties, turnovers and a lack of offensive depth, Rinne has been a rock with a 1. http://www.officialmarlinsbaseball.com/Jose-Fernandez-Jersey/ . Catch the game on TSN starting at 7pm et/4pm pt. Tampa Bay currently holds the last of the Atlantics three automatic bids to the playoffs, but the Maple Leafs are just one point behind.MIAMI GARDENS, Fla. -- England and Honduras drew 0-0 in a fiery and physical final World Cup warm-up match that saw Honduras defender Brayan Beckeles sent off at Sun Life Stadium on Saturday. The weather was as wild as some of the action on the pitch in Miami Gardens, with the game halted midway through the first half for 45 minutes due to a lightning storm. England struggled to create scoring chances even with a man advantage, and the pressure will grow for Ross Barkley to start in Brazil after the 20-year-old midfielder raised the tempo when he came on at half time. "If you look at the chances we had the better, but were quite frustrated," captain Steven Gerrard said. "The ref was poor, the game was interrupted, there was a big one in the first half and they were doing stupid fouls. There was no rhythm. Were frustrated but relieved at no injuries. "There were some horrific tackles for a friendly. I got caught with a bad one." Beckeles, who had been booked for a lunge on Danny Welbeck, was shown a second yellow card in the 66th minute after catching Leighton Baines face with his elbow. "The lesson is we cant play with 10, we need to be more careful," Honduras coach Luis Fernando Suarez said through a translator. Honduras kicks off its World Cup campaign next Sunday against France, a day after England opens against Italy. The hot and humid conditions were exactly what England came to Miami for, but not the storm that worsened during the opening 20 minutes. Before the disruption, Wayne Rooneys free kick was spilled by Noel Valladares but no England player was primed to exploit the goalkeepers shakiness. And, when Rooney set up Daniel Sturridge, the striker sttruck wide on the turn. Miami Marlins Jeff Locke Jersey. Warning messages flashed up on stadium big screens urging fans to first leave their uncovered seats, and then for the players to go off the pitch. "We were just about to slice through them and it was a great relief for them when the rain came," England goalkeeper Joe Hart said. When they returned, Emilio Izaguirre was fortunate not to be sent off for tripping Sturridge and then kicking the striker as he was on the ground. The defender was only booked by Ricardo Salazar. "I dont understand refs seeing balls slammed into players chests," Gerrard said. "Its a clear red card." England was more threatening after the break when Rooney and captain Gerrard were replaced by the youthful legs of Barkley and Jack Wilshere. Barkley quickly unleashed a shot from outside the penalty area, and later burst forward unchallenged to feed Sturridge, who chipped wide. It was surprising that it took until the 66th for a red card to be shown, but England could not exploit its man advantage. Although Barkley was adding energy and pace with his runs, Sturridge squandered another opening when he headed wide from Glen Johnsons cross. "It was a real stop-start game, one of the most frustrating Ive been involved in for a long time," England coach Roy Hodgson said. "We had a long stoppage, I thought we dealt with it and in the second half it was attack vs. defence. "They got their men behind the ball and we didnt take our chances. We attempted to make them but this is a game I will soon forget. I will take the draw and that we got away without injuries and that we have experience against Central American opposition." Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home School Dads Forum Index -> Reasons for Starting All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: