Home School Dads

Line

Spacespace
Message Boards
Stripes

space
Home School Dads
A Website for Fathers who Home School

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

to dart into the middle lane to avoid hitting him.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home School Dads Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bellis555

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:33 pm    Post subject: to dart into the middle lane to avoid hitting him. Reply with quote

MARANELLO, Italy -- Kimi Raikkonen will return to Ferrari as a replacement for Felipe Massa, giving the Formula One team a new partner for Fernando Alonso and two top drivers for next season. Cheap Redskins Jerseys China . "Scuderia Ferrari announces that it has reached an agreement with Kimi Raikkonen," the team said Wednesday in a statement. "The Finn will join Fernando Alonso in the driver line-up for the next two racing seasons." The expected move came a day after Massa announced he will leave Ferrari following the seven final races of this season. The 33-year-old Raikkonen, who currently drives for Lotus, had been heavily linked with a return to Ferrari. The Finn raced for Ferrari from 2007-09, and his title in 2007 was the last time Ferrari won the drivers championship. "Im really pleased to return to Maranello after having experienced three fantastic years there," Raikkonen said on Ferraris website. "I have lots of memories that tie me to Ferrari, which Ive always carried with me. I cant wait to work with Fernando, an extraordinary driver, to bring the team the success it deserves." Alonso and Raikkonen have won three Formula One titles and 52 races between them. Ferrari apparently wanted to strengthen its lineup for 2014, when the F1 regulations change dramatically with the introduction of new 1.6-litre V6 turbo engines. Raikkonen has one win and five second-place finishes this season and is known as one of the most consistent drivers in the sport. His retirement in Belgium last month ended a run of 27 consecutive races in the points, and it was his first DNF in 39 races. "Im delighted to welcome Kimi back to the Scuderia with which he won the world title," Ferrari team principal Stefano Domenicali said. "He sounded extremely happy to return to Maranello and very determined to approach the job that awaits him in the best way possible." Massa won 11 races in his first three seasons with Ferrari but he hasnt been the same driver since a life-threatening accident at the Hungarian Grand Prix in 2009. His contract is up at the end of this season. "Felipe always carried himself as a real team man and together we lived through beautiful and dramatic moments, which created a really special human and professional relationship," Domenicali said. "Hell always be part of our family and we wish him well for his future." In the current standings, Alonso is second to Red Bull driver Sebastian Vettel, Raikkonen is fourth and Massa is seventh. Of Raikkonens 20 career F1 wins, nine came during his three seasons with Ferrari. He won the 2007 championship, the only drivers title of his career, by one point ahead of Lewis Hamilton and Alonso, who was then with McLaren. However, near the end of the 2009 season, Ferrari announced that Raikkonen was leaving the team even though his contract lasted through 2010. He was replaced by Alonso. The announcement of Raikkonens return comes during turbulent times at Ferrari, which this season has again been unable to stop Red Bulls dominance. During last weekends Italian GP, Alonso and Ferrari were again forced to downplay talk of a rift after the Spanish driver lost his temper with team officials during qualifying. It remains to be seen if Alonso will also leave or duel for the teams top driver status with Raikkonen next season. If Alonso does stay, it will mark the first time Ferrari has two former world champion drivers since Alain Prost and Nigel Mansell were at the wheels of the red cars in 1990. "I want to welcome my new teammate," Alonso said on Ferraris website. "Together well have to approach a difficult technical and sporting challenge starting next year." Cheap Sua Cravens Jersey . Peko, a fourth-round pick in 2006, started all 16 games and a playoff loss to San Diego last season. He was second on the line with 72 tackles and had a career-high three sacks. Cheap Washington Redskins Jerseys . -- The Denver Broncos are shuffling their offensive line this off-season and Orlando Franklin provided some insight into their plans Monday by tweeting that hes moving from right tackle to left guard. http://www.cheapredskinsjerseyselite.com/ . "No difference at all," chirped U.S. roommate and linemate James van Riemsdyk. "Its still the same cranky Phil.CONCORD, N.C. - Jamie McMurray started his day at home with his young son, who vowed to spend the day playing in his sand box. Then Carter McMurray asked his dad what he had planned for Saturday. "Im going to race for a million bucks, " McMurray told him. Race for it? Sure. Win it? With his Las Vegas odds at 40-1, McMurray was one of the biggest long shots Saturday night in the Sprint All-Star race. But he pulled off a masterful upset, staging a tense door-to-door battle with Carl Edwards to grab the $1 million prize with his first All-Star victory. McMurray, who led a race-high 31 laps, had never before led a lap in the All-Star race, and his previous best finish in seven appearances in the exhibition was eighth. McMurray was second on the restart for the 10-lap sprint to the checkered flag. Lined up outside of pole-sitter Edwards, McMurray flirted several times for the lead on a frantic lap around Charlotte Motor Speedway. Although he surged slightly ahead several times, and the two cars appeared to touch more than once, McMurray finally cleared Edwards for the lead two laps into the fifth and final segment. "As a kid, that is what you grew up wanting to do, is have a shootout like that and have a possibility to race for 10 laps," McMurray said. "He got a little bit of a jump on me on the restart and I was able to hang on to his quarter panel, and when we kept entering Turn 1 and 3, I was like, It is for a million bucks. If we wreck, its not that big of a deal. "Its so cool to come out on top." Once he cleared Edwards, McMurray easily pulled away for the victory. Edwards, who faded to fifth, immediately watched the replay after the race. "Jamie just did a perfect job on the start. I had him cleared for a minute," Edwards said. "If I would have pulled in front of him in Turn 1, if I would have gone high, I think we would have won that race. But I was just so reluctant to give up the bottom. It was a drag race. My hat is off to him. He earned it." McMurrays first career victory came at Charlotte in 2002 in his second start with Chip Ganassi Racing. He also won in 2010 and goes into the Coca-Cola 600 next Sunday needing a win in that race to have career victories in all three of Charlottes main events. Kevin Harvick finished second, Matt Kenseth was third and Dale Earnhardt Jr., who complained earlier in the race he was driving a dump truck, was fourth. Kurt Busch was 11th after qualifying for the Indianapolis 500 earlier in the day. Cheap Josh Doctson Jersey. "Really happy to see Jamie win, its always nice to see good guys win," said Kenseth, a former teammate of McMurrays at Roush Fenway Racing. It seemed to be a popular victory as several drivers made a point to congratulate McMurray in their post-race interviews as the driver took his Chevrolet to Victory Lane. He was met there by team owners Felix Sabates and Chip Ganassi, who flew into North Carolina before the race after Indianapolis 500 qualifying. It was a tough day for Ganassi in Indianapolis, where none of his five cars made it into the Fast 9 qualifying round and Scott Dixon was his fastest driver at 15th. "We obviously didnt have a good day in Indianapolis and youre damn right this turned the day around," said Ganassi, who kissed McMurray as he and Sabates cut the post-race news conference short to head back to Indianapolis Motor Speedway. Kyle Busch won the first segment, but his night ended early in the second 20-lap segment when he used an aggressive move in a fast attempt to avoid running into the back of older brother, Kurt. "His brother forced his hand," Clint Bowyer said of the accident that nearly collected his car. "Hell, I dont know how I didnt wreck." The Busch brothers were running together when Kurt was too close to the outside wall and Kyle tried to dart into the middle lane to avoid hitting him. Instead, Kyle hit the back of Bowyer as he tried to swing around Bowyer into a third lane. Bowyer clipped him as Busch surged ahead, and it began a spin that sent Busch into the path of Joey Logano. Busch failed to finish the All-Star race for the fifth time in nine years. "I saw Kurt get really bottled up and about get in the wall, so he had to check-up real hard and my shot was in the middle, to go across three lanes and underneath Bowyer," Busch said. "But Bowyer blocked it and when he did, I got into him. Those are the opportunities you have to take in the All-Star." Kasey Kahne went on to win that segment, and the third segment. "I say just leave the car for now, felt pretty good right there," Kahne radioed after the third segment as his crew debated pit strategy. But his night fell apart in the fourth segment when he hit the wall to damage his Chevrolet. "I hit it hard. I blew it bad," he radioed. "Sorry, guys. I cant believe that happened. We had the best car here by far. Great, great car." Kahne wound up 14th. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home School Dads Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: