Home School Dads

Line

Spacespace
Message Boards
Stripes

space
Home School Dads
A Website for Fathers who Home School

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Brewers traded an ineffective Axford to St.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home School Dads Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bellis555

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:21 pm    Post subject: The Brewers traded an ineffective Axford to St. Reply with quote

Yu Darvishs recent no-hit bid now officially ended in the seventh inning, not the ninth. Julius Erving Jersey . Major League Baseball overturned a disputed scoring decision from Friday nights game between the Texas Rangers and Red Sox. Acting on an appeal by Boston slugger David Ortiz, MLB changed an error in the seventh to a single on a high fly that dropped untouched between fielders. Ortiz said Wednesday that he wouldnt have appealed the play if it had been a no-hitter. Darvish had a perfect-game bid going until the ruling that attracted attention all across the majors. With Darvishs no-hit bid intact, Ortiz grounded a two-out single in the ninth inning. "I complain about (it) because it was going to be a second hit, but that was going to be the only hit of the game, I wouldnt bring it up," Ortiz said. The pitcher wasnt concerned about the change. "We won that game," Darvish said through a translator. "Whether it was a one-hitter or two-hitter, we won the game. Thats something that happened in the past. The only thing I care about is the win." MLB confirmed the scoring change Wednesday. But, as is routine on the numerous scoring appeals each week, the league didnt provide an explanation for the reversal. Veteran outfielder Alex Rios and 20-year-old second baseman Rougned Odour, playing his second major league game, both were in position to catch the popup in the seventh. Instead, Rios suddenly slowed and Odor made a late lunge. The ball fell to the ground untouched between them. "Of course it was an error," Texas manager Ron Washington said. "Its an error. Its an out. Its not a ball that somebody (dived) for and missed. Thats an out. It was misplayed so its an out." Ortiz obviously felt differently about the decision. "Its a play that everybody knows once they saw it," he said. "The whole controversy started when they figured he was about to pitch a no-hitter. Its not the first time weve seen that play." Red Sox manager John Farrell sided with his player. "I thought it was a hit in the moment and upon further review obviously they change it, so in the end I think the right call has been made," he said. Official scorer Steve Weller, in his 20th season working MLB games, charged Rios with an error. While that ended a perfect game, Darvishs no-hit bid was still intact. Weller made a judgment call that Rios, with normal effort, could have made a routine catch. "I dont think theres a lot of argument about that," Weller told a pool reporter after the game. Even Ortiz acknowledged that the ball should have been caught. Rios also didnt dispute the error. Weller watched numerous replays and conferred with Elias Sports Bureau, the sports longtime record-keeper. He cited MLB rules that a ball doesnt have to be touched to be an error. If a fly ball drops to the ground, the official scorer can charge an error if, in his judgment, the outfielder "making ordinary effort would have caught" it. Once Ortiz got the single in the ninth, the slugger decided to appeal the play in the seventh. Darvish, who had his scheduled start on Wednesday pushed back to Friday, even joked about the incident. "If that error, or the error that became a hit in the seventh inning, if that would have been decided a hit during the game I would probably have to pitch today," he said. "So it would probably help my career not to throw that many pitches if it had been decided during the game." He then jokingly thanked Big Papi. "I wanted to appreciate Ortiz," he said with a laugh. Chris McCullough Nets Jersey . You can, too, Clay Buchholz, if we ignore the sixth inning of Game 2. Doug Fister and Jake Peavy, youre up next in Game 4 and theres a lot to live up to. Greivis Vasquez Nets Jersey . He scored two highlight-reel goals in a three-minute span -- the second on a sideways bicycle kick in the 78th minute -- to give the Whitecaps a 2-2 draw with the Portland Timbers before a crowd of 20,303 at B. http://www.nbanetsauthority.com/jeremy-lin-nets-jersey-c-5/ . The Toronto Maple Leafs forward and Nashville Predators goaltender highlighted Mondays waiver transactions, with Calgarys Chuck Kobasew and Edmontons Philip Larsen also being placed on waivers.ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. -- Canadian John Axford is out as the Cleveland Indians closer. Indians manager Terry Francona announced the move before Saturday nights game against Tampa Bay. He met with the Simcoe, Ont. native prior to batting practice. Axford is 1-3 with nine saves and a 4.91 ERA in 17 games in his first season with the Indians. He has really struggled in the last week, and was pulled in the ninth inning of Clevelands 6-3 win on Friday night. "We told him, for now, were going to kind of get you out of that role and try to get you in some situations where we can get him on a roll again," Francona said. "I told him numerous times, because I mean it, the goal is to get him back as our closer, and I think he understands that. I dont want him to do it in like two days because I dont want some Band-Aid. I want him when he gets it, to take it and stay there," he said. A group of four relievers that includes Cody Allen, Scott Atchison, Marc Rzepczynski and Bryan Shaw could all get opportunities to fill the role. "The one thing I assured them is that when we get to the ninth, whoevers pitching, were not going to have four guys warming up bbecause we think youre good," Francona said. Luis Scola Nets Jersey. Axford was signed to a one-year, $4.5 million contract as a free agent in December after pitching for Milwaukee and St. Louis last season. The one-time Brewers closer had 105 saves from 2010-12, and converted 49 straight save chances during a stretch. The Brewers traded an ineffective Axford to St. Louis in late August. Axford became a reliable reliever for the Cardinals down the stretch and pitched for them in the World Series. The Indians hoped the 31-year-old righty would do well replacing former All-Star closer Chris Perez, now with the Los Angeles Dodgers. But Axfords rough patch started last Sunday, when he gave up a three-run homer to Dayan Viciedo in the ninth inning of a 4-3 loss to the Chicago White Sox. The next day, Eduardo Escobar homered in the 10th off Axford and lifted Minnesota to a 1-0 win. Axfords latest tough outing came Friday night. He entered in the ninth with a 6-2 lead, but gave up David DeJesus RBI double with two outs and then walked Ben Zobrist to load the bases. Allen replaced Axford and got a fly ball from James Loney on a 3-2 pitch for his first save. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home School Dads Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: