Home School Dads

Line

Spacespace
Message Boards
Stripes

space
Home School Dads
A Website for Fathers who Home School

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

onghorns embarked on a 19-8 run with balanced

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home School Dads Forum Index -> Reasons for Starting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bellis555

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:03 pm    Post subject: onghorns embarked on a 19-8 run with balanced Reply with quote

STANFORD, Calif. Cheap Tom Brady Jersey . -- Serena Williams stared at the court, took a deep breath and seemed to clear her head after falling behind in the first set. She dominated the rest of the way. Playing her first tournament since her departure from Wimbledon because of equilibrium problems, the top-ranked Williams won her WTA-leading fourth title of the year, beating third-seeded Angelique Kerber 7-6(1), 6-3 on Sunday in Bank of the West Classic. Kerber, 0-4 in finals this season, won five straight games to go up 5-1 and was serving for the first set at 5-2. Williams saved two set points and went to win five games in a row. "I blinked my eye and I was down 1-5," Williams said. "Angelique was playing well and I thought Whats going on? I tried to relax, not think about anything and just do the right thing." The eighth-ranked Kerber forced a tiebreaker, but Williams took the first five points. "Its a good thing that it happened," Williams said. "When Im not playing great I know I can make some kind of comeback." Williams didnt play well in any of the first sets this week but always found a way to win. "Ive been training hard all year and hopefully that pays off, especially after Wimbledon," Williams said. "I stayed positive here. This shows Im moving in the right direction." Questions were raised after she retired from a doubles match with sister Venus at Wimbledon in June. A viral infection affected her equilibrium. She answered those questions with an exclamation point Sunday. "Every week is a new week and all I can do is try and improve," Williams said. "For me its all mental: being there, being positive and being good to myself." Williams has beaten the left-handed Kerber four straight times and five of six overall. All of their matches have been in straight sets. "I gave everything I could out there," Kerber said. "When she was down she started hitting the ball better. Its a special thing she has. On the important points, she goes for it." Williams will be No. 1 for the 200th week in her career when the rankings are announced Monday. She is fifth on the career list, nine weeks behind fourth-place Martina Hingis. "I feel like Im just me. I dont feel any different from anyone else on this planet," Williams said. "To be that of as that is pretty awesome." Williams extended her winning streak to 13 matches in winning her third title at Stanford in four years. "It just says how much I love to play here," she said. Kerber, who will rise to No. 7, was the first German to reach the final in the event since Sylvia Hanika in 1987. Bettina Bunge, in 1983, was the last German to win the tournament. "I had a great week," Kerber said. "I played some great matches against some good opponents. She showed shes the best player in the world." Williams has not lost to a top-10 player this season. Kerber has never beaten a No. 1 player. Williams improved to 17-2 overall in matches played at Stanford. Shes 30-5 on the season and 662-117 for her career. Williams is 61-17 in finals. Williams has not played well at Grand Slam events this year, failing to reach the quarterfinals of the Australian Open, French Open and Wimbledon. Winning the U.S. Open, she said, "would make it better but not erase anything. But Im just focused on the next tournament." Cheap Dwayne Allen Jersey . Hernandez (3-0) struck out 11 and shut down Oakland for the second time in a week, becoming the first Mariners pitcher to win three times in the first nine games of a season. With the usual "Kings Court" for Hernandez home starts expanded to a "Supreme Court" encompassing the entire stadium with yellow shirts and "K" cards, Hernandez gave up four hits in the 28th double-digit strikeout game of his career. Cheap Patriots Jerseys . You can watch the game live on TSN2 and TSN Mobile TV at 9pm et/6pm pt. Jonathan Huberdeau and Quinton Howden are expected to make their debuts for Team Canada. http://www.cheappatriotsjerseyselite.com/ . Left-handed reliever Boone Logan agreed to a $16.5 million, three-year contract on Friday, a person familiar with the negotiations told The Associated Press.Austin, TX (SportsNetwork.com) - Myles Turner scored 14 of his 18 points at the free throw line, pulled down 10 rebounds and blocked five shots in No. 6 Texas 63-53 win over Texas-Arlington. Turner shot just 2-of-10 from the field, but he got to the line 17 times to make the Mavericks pay for their fouls. Jonathan Holmes led the Longhorns with 16 rebounds, and he also chipped in nine points. Texas (7-0) out-rebounded its in-state foe, 52-25. Jamel Outler and Greg Gainey each scored nine points to lead the Mavericks (3-4). Johnny Hill had five points, six rebounds and four assists. The Longhorns presence down low influenced the game. In addition to the huge rebounding edge that included 28 on the offensive end, Texas blocked 13 shots. This is one of the best Texas teams Ive seen, said Mavericks head coach Scott Cross. Obviously beating the national champion defending team the other night shows what they have. In the second half, UT-Arlington hung in the game, getting as close as three when Lonnie McClanahan made jumpers on back-to-back possessions with 12:51 left. Texas was always able to maintain a solid lead, though, despite poor shooting. The Longhorns were just 7-of-29 from the field and 1-of-11 from long distannce after the break. Cheap England Patriots Jerseys. Turner took all 11 shots from the charity stripe for Texas in the second half, making nine of them. Its something I can contribute to the team, said Turner. Some teams are going to continue to foul the big men expecting us not to be able to knock them down. Its something I work on every day in practice. UT-Arlington got off to a quick start against the favored Longhorns. Kevin Hervey scored five points in two minutes to lead an 8-0 Mavericks run that broke a 7-7 tie, but Texas chipped away. With 8:46 left in the first half, the game was tied at 20. The Longhorns embarked on a 19-8 run with balanced scoring to close the half with a 39-28 lead. Turner knocked down five free throws during the run. Game Notes Texas owns a 10-0 record in the all-time series between these two teams ... Longhorns coach Rick Barnes is 141-21 against in-state opponents with Texas ... Texas has blocked seven or more shots in five straight games ... McClanahans streak of five games with double digit points was snapped with eight ... Texas travels to No. 1 Kentucky Friday in the SEC/Big 12 Challenge ... UTA returns home Saturday to play Weber State. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home School Dads Forum Index -> Reasons for Starting All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: