Home School Dads

Line

Spacespace
Message Boards
Stripes

space
Home School Dads
A Website for Fathers who Home School

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dinosaur & Space Unit Studies

View previous topic :: View next topic  
edtheredhead

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 11:54 pm    Post subject: Dinosaur & Space Unit Studies Reply with quote

I'm going to be doing Unit Studies this summer with my (soon-to-be) 6 year old dd. I've got a couple of questions for all you wonderful guys.

1. Any ideas for how to divide up the unit study on Dinosaurs? I've set aside a week for fossils & archaelogy, a week for Creation & the flood. However, I'm setting aside 4 weeks for dinosaurs, but have NO idea of how to divide it up. All the research I've done has the info divided up into time periods, but since these are evolutionary time periods, I wasn't planning on doing anything with them. Any ideas?

2. I'm looking for experiments for both space & dinosaurs. If you've got ideas for either, I would appreciate them.

Thanks all!
bartii

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would suggest going to answersingenesis.org.

I teach Evolution and Creation. However, I taught Creation first. Since I believe in Genesis 1, and later, up till now, taught both Evolution and Creation together. Now my son's recognize the difference and which, according to the Bible, is right and which is not as accurate.

When teaching on dinosaurs, which we will go more into I use two books: The Answers Book by Ken Ham, Sarfati, Wieland; and The Great Dionosaur Mystery Solved by Ken Ham.

I have also used a little bit of a curriculum put out by Answers in Genesis called "It All begins with Genesis". We will be going more indepth with this in the next couple of years. I have also used a high school curriculum written by Mike Riddle and Dr. Bob Compton called "The Orgin of Life Equipping Course". My main science curriculum comes from the evolutionary point of view.

This is the nice aspect of homeschooling. I get to give my sons a well rounded education in science by teaching both Evolution and Creation.

I hope this, at the very least, gives you some ideas.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately any discussion of a Genesis flood will be short lived because there is not ashred of evidence in any scientific discipline that supports it. Geology in particular has shown that tno such flood occured in the last 50,000 yrs. It is myth.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Furthermore, Ken Ham is considered little more than a creationist hack within the scientific community. anyone using his work is clearly doing their clid a great disservice.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One might try to review the Talk Origins article titled Problems with a global flood. The science has never been refuted....not even by ICR and Ken Ham
Frank

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't waste my time on discussions about creationism; life's too short. However, in the context of space studies, check this out:

http://hubblesite.org/newscenter/archive/releases/2008/04/

This is IMO a fascinating discovery. Very cool! Grist for the mill of (Einstein's) General Relativity and the resolution of the dark matter/dark energy question.

Frank
basilosaurus

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scientist report in the journal Nature that soft tissues have been extracted from dinosaur bone fossils and that the study of these tissues show that they offer links to living organisms in our modern world. As predicted by science, and with the help of fossils like Archeopteryx, we were right all along. Today's BIRDS ARE DINOSAURS, and every piece of scientific evidence offered on the topic supports this theory.

Looks like the creationists have one less intermediate fossil to take shots at.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home School Dads Forum Index -> Science All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: