Home School Dads

Line

Spacespace
Message Boards
Stripes

space
Home School Dads
A Website for Fathers who Home School

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

time this season to finish off a series sweep of at

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bellis555

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:05 pm    Post subject: time this season to finish off a series sweep of at Reply with quote

Marcus Stroman faces Oakland for the first time as he gets the call for a Toronto team that dropped a 4-1 decision to Sonny Gray and the Athletics in the first game of a 10-game west coast trip. Dan Feeney Chargers Jersey . A first-round pick in 2012, Stroman pitched a one-run, eight-inning gem to beat the New York Yankees on June 23 and was then solid in a no-decision versus the Chicago White Sox on Saturday. Stroman allowed two runs on just two hits and a pair of walks over 6 2/3 innings, fanning six. The 23-year-old was pulled in the seventh frame after giving up a double and a walk, but reliever Dustin McGowan served up a three-run homer as the White Sox jumped in front. "If you could do things over, you leave [Stroman] in," Jays manager John Gibbons admitted. "But my thinking was, he pitched his butt off, it was kind of uncharted territory, I dont want him to lose the game right there. Thats the way it goes. But you always look back on things like that. I had a plan and it just didnt work." Stroman, a right-hander, is 4-2 with a 4.01 ERA in 11 total appearances on the year. Oakland hurler Tommy Milone will try to stretch his unbeaten streak to 11 starts in a row on Friday afternoon when the Athletics play the second contest of a four-game set with the Toronto Blue Jays. Milone is 6-0 with a 2.87 earned run average since his last loss on May 3 and the As are 8-2 over his unbeaten streak. The left-hander lost his first three decisions of the campaign, but now sits at 6-3 on the year with a 3.79 earned run average. Milone has won three of his past four starts, giving up three runs -- two earned -- on four hits and two walks over seven frames of a victory over Miami on Sunday. The 27-year-old is 3-0 with a 3.12 ERA in seven outings at home this year, but has lost both of his previous career meetings with the Blue Jays while yielding 11 earned runs over 13 innings. The Blue Jays fell into a tie for first place in the AL East with Baltimore after losing last nights opener 4-1. It marked Torontos fourth setback in six games and came despite R.A. Dickey giving up four runs -- two earned -- over a complete-game setback. He was outdueled by Oaklands Sonny Gray, who yielded a run over seven innings. Gray struck out five and scattered four hits and three walks to help the As snap a three-game slide. "His curveball was disgusting tonight," said catcher Stephen Vogt on Oaklands website. "It was back to the Sonny Gray that Ive known for the last year and a half. Hes got one of the best curveballs in baseball, and he had it tonight." Toronto swept a three-game series at home from May 23-25 and won two of three in Oakland a season ago. Forrest Lamp Womens Jersey . Or, for that matter, the aged. Dan Feeney Womens Jersey . -- The taxing preseason, which included two games in China, is finally over. http://www.chargersprofansshop.com/Black-Rayshawn-Jenkins-Chargers-Jersey.html?cat=920 . Kerr said he had dinner with Jackson, his former coach with Chicago and the new Knicks team president, on Friday night and they talked again Saturday. Kerr is in New York to work the game between the Brooklyn Nets and Toronto Raptors for TNT. ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. -- If it was David Prices last start for the Tampa Bay Rays, it will go down as one of his best. Price struck out 11, becoming the first pitcher in 10 years to fan at least 10 in five straight starts, and the Rays beat the Pittsburgh Pirates 5-1 on Wednesday. "Ive never been as good as I am right now, period. Not in 2012 (when he won the Cy Young Award), not in college, not in high school," declared Price, who is rumoured to be on the trading block from the last-place Rays. "This is the best pitcher Ive ever been. I feel in complete control on the mound at all times, "Im throwing all my pitches on both sides of the plate, and thats tough to do." Price (6-7) gave up five hits and one walk in 8 1-3 innings, leaving the game after Andrew McCutchens home run in the ninth. "(Finishing the game) is something I wanted to do for sure," Price said, "but I understand Joe (Maddon) coming out there after McCutchen hit the home run. The last batter at Vanderbilt was a home run, my last batter last year was a home run, and now you guys think Im out of here and my last hitter for the Rays was a home run again." The last pitcher with five straight starts with 10 strikeouts was Minnesotas Johan Santana from June 20-July 11, 2004. Price also set a franchise record for strikeouts in a month with 54. He went 2-3 in five June starts. "Im sure its been said before: Price was right today," Pirates manager Clint Hurdle said. "His 107th pitch was 97 (mph), so he was on his game today. Hess been one of the best for a while. Mike Williams Womens Jersey. " Ben Zobrists RBI triple highlighted the Rays three-run first inning off Charlie Morton. Desmond Jennings and James Loney had singles, and Kevin Kiermaier drove in a run with a sacrifice fly. Morton (4-9) struck out a career-high 11 in seven innings, giving up four hits. Price was backed by defensive plays that included Evan Longoria landing in the first row of the stands after making a running catch of a popup, and centre fielder Jennings running down Neil Walkers 400-foot line drive at the wall with two men on base. "The way David pitched today, youve got to try to make all the plays for him," Jennings said. "If he pitches like that, which he normally does, you just want to go out and do your job." McCutchens homer was his 12th of the season and eighth this month. The Pirates failed for the seventh time this season to finish off a series sweep of at least three games. NOTES: RHP Gerrit Cole, out since June 4 with right shoulder fatigue, will return to the Pirates rotation on Saturday against the New York Mets. ... Pittsburgh OF Sterling Marte, who left Tuesday nights game after being injured on a stolen base attempt, passed a concussion test but was kept out of the lineup. ... Rays SS Yunel Escobar was held out due to a sore shoulder, but he is expected to play Friday at Baltimore. ... The Rays will add RHP Alex Colome to the roster on Friday to start Game 1 of a day-night doubleheader, the beginning of an 11-game trip. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home School Dads Forum Index -> Legal Issues All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: