Home School Dads

Line

Spacespace
Message Boards
Stripes

space
Home School Dads
A Website for Fathers who Home School

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Francisco Liriano (0-3, 3.96) is scheduled to pitch for

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home School Dads Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bellis555

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:35 pm    Post subject: Francisco Liriano (0-3, 3.96) is scheduled to pitch for Reply with quote

INDIANAPOLIS -- Even though they shot well in the first half, the Indiana Pacers knew that wasnt what would win them the game. Zach Cunningham Texans Jersey . Turning up their defence in the third quarter was what it took to pull away from the Brooklyn Nets. Paul George scored 24 points and Lance Stephenson added 23 to lead the Pacers to a 105-91 victory over on Saturday night. George Hill finished with 21 points for the Pacers, who put five players in double figures and pulled away with a third-quarter burst. "This team has a unique way of figuring a team out as the game goes on," coach Frank Vogel said. "We only forced four turnovers in the first half, so we did feel they were a little too comfortable on the defensive end." Roy Hibbert scored 11 and David West 10 for Indiana, which leads the Eastern Conference at 23-6. Stephenson also had nine rebounds and seven assists. "We felt like weve got to be aggressive, and come out with more energy," George said. "We were allowing guys to beat us on 1-on-1 plays. If we are going to get beat, its going to have to be by contested shots and the ball being swung." Paul Pierce scored 18 points, Mirza Teletovic 17, Deron Williams 14 and Alan Anderson 10 for the Nets, who fell to 10-20. "They took control of the third quarter with our turnovers, and those turnovers converting into layups," Nets coach Jason Kidd said. "George was knocking down jump shots, 3s. He had a four-point play. "But those guys, we didnt make them uncomfortable on the perimeter." Indiana, leading by three points at the start of the third quarter, went on an 11-3 run as the Nets turned the ball over on four straight possessions. That pushed the Pacers lead to 72-61 with 8:07 to go in the period, and they maintained their edge throughout. "We had to let the game come to us in the third quarter and play aggressive defence," Stephenson said. George hit a 16-foot, pull-up jumper to give the Pacers their biggest lead, 105-89, with 2:15 to play. The Pacers shot 53.5 per cent in beating the Nets for the third time this season. They outscored the Nets 14-2 in the paint in the decisive third quarter and 20-6 in the second half. Vogel credited Hill with much of his teams success, saying, "I thought George Hill was our best player tonight. He played exceptional defence on Deron Williams, and every time we needed a big basket or timely play, he made it." The Nets continue their difficult three-game road trip with games in San Antonio and Oklahoma City. The first half was close throughout, with eight lead changes and five ties. Indiana shot 54 per cent before halftime and the Nets made 50 per cent. NOTES: With three 3-pointers, George moved past Austin Croshere into seventh place in franchise history and sixth in NBA history with a total of 378 in his career. . The Nets have been outscored 86-60 in the third quarter of their three games with the Pacers this season. . The Pacers allowed just five offensive rebounds, tying their season low. D Onta Foreman Texans Jersey . -- Dee Ford prefers to keep things simple: Play hard and fast, and let others worry about his NFL draft stock. Zach Cunningham Youth Jersey . -- Kyle Busch edged teammate Joey Logano at the Bristol Motor Speedway finish line Friday night to become the all-time winningest driver in Nationwide Series. http://www.thetexansfootballpro.us/texans-d-onta-foreman-super-bowl-jersey-authentic/ . He left in the 4th inning of Saturdays game against the Tigers after experiencing tightness. Reyes and the team still hope that he will be ready for Opening Day in Tampa Bay in one week. PITTSBURGH -- Ryan Braun homered in the ninth inning to tie it, then Khris Davis hit a home run in the 14th that put Milwaukee ahead for good. Yet those were hardly the big blows that attracted all the attention Sunday in the Brewers 3-2 victory over the Pittsburgh Pirates. Brewers centre fielder Carlos Gomez, Pirates outfielder Travis Snider and Milwaukee bench coach Jerry Narron were ejected after a shouting match quickly escalated into a punch-filled brawl in the third. "Im not apologetic for anything that I did today," Gomez said. "I was just doing my job." The problems started when Gomez paused at the plate and flipped his bat to watch his two-out drive off Pirates starter Gerrit Cole. Gomez said he thought the ball would be caught. Instead, it hit the wall and he sped into third base, making a headfirst slide for a triple. Cole, who was near third base backing up the play, stormed toward Gomez and they exchanged words. Cole said he told Gomez: "If youre going to hit it out of the ballpark, then you can stop and look at it. But it youre going to hit just a fly ball to centre field, then dont stand and look at it." That didnt sit well with Gomez. He took a couple steps toward Cole and the benches and bullpens emptied. "Everything had stopped," Gomez said. "He told me something, I told him back, then I talked to the umpire. Then Snider came like a superhero, trying to throw punches at everybody. I just tried to protect myself." Milwaukees Martin Maldonado came from the dugout and threw a punch that knocked off Sniders hat. "Were a family," said Maldonado, who expects to be suspended. "I see two guys over Gomez, so I tried to protect him." Snider, who wasnt in the game, and Gomez shoved each other, and the Brewers star fell to the ground. Pirates catcher Russell Martin called Maldonados swing a "sucker punch" and had to be restrained by teammate Gaby& Sanchez as he walked off the field. D Onta Foreman Womens Jersey. Last September, Gomez was in the middle of the bench-clearing brawl after arguing with Atlanta pitcher Paul Maholm while rounding the bases after homering. Milwaukee manager Ron Roenicke said he fears Gomez could develop a reputation as a guy who starts conflicts. But he said he found little fault in the way Gomez initially handled Coles challenge. "(Cole is) the one that started it all," Roenicke said. "If you start it, were going to respond. Gomeys not going to sit there and not say anything." Gomez said he planned to appeal any suspension. The Brewers won their third in a row. Pittsburgh has lost three in a row and five of six. Davis hit his first homer, connecting for a leadoff shot against Jeanmar Gomez (0-1). "It was pretty hard to see with the shadow," Davis said. Zach Duke (1-0) pitched two scoreless innings and Francisco Rodriguez got his seventh save. Cole allowed one run and six hits in a career-high eight innings, striking out six. Cole appeared to be in line for the win after Jose Tabatas eighth-inning infield single scored Ike Davis to give the Pirates a 2-1 lead. Roenicke challenged the call, but the play was upheld. Braun hit his sixth homer with one out in the ninth, giving Pittsburgh closer Jason Grilli his second blown save in as many games. Mark Reynolds hit his fifth home run, a solo drive in the Milwaukee seventh. Neil Walker homered for the Pirates in the fourth off Marco Estrada. NOTES: C Chris Stewart went 1 for 6 in his Pirates debut. He missed the start of the season after undergoing arthroscopic right knee surgery last month. ... RHP Wily Peralta (2-0, 1.96) is scheduled to pitch for the Brewers on Monday night at home against the San Diego Padres. ... LHP Francisco Liriano (0-3, 3.96) is scheduled to pitch for the Pirates on Monday night at home against the Cincinnati Reds. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home School Dads Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: