Home School Dads

Line

Spacespace
Message Boards
Stripes

space
Home School Dads
A Website for Fathers who Home School

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Why Are You Homeschooling?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home School Dads Forum Index -> Reasons for Starting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigDaddy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:54 pm    Post subject: Why Are You Homeschooling? Reply with quote

I just found this great article and have posted it here: http://www.homeschooldads.com/news/04-16-2006.html as reasons why we homeschool.
HippieMike

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I am going to have to check out that link and also the other one Very Happy
ccatura

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:20 pm    Post subject: Why we started... Reply with quote

Hi, I just signed up here. I thought I'd share some of the reasons why we started homeschooling our 4 kids.

First of all, for years my wife wanted to homeschool our kids. That's when we lived in NY and I wouldn't let her. I knew it was a big decision and I don't think she did. We've since moved to TN and discovered that so many people down here homeschool. There are so many support groups and churches that will support you down here (not like NY).

When we first moved to TN, we noticed that the school buses were filled with kids from all different grades. My kids weren't used to that. Not to mention that kids can be so cruel to each other. My kids were also not used to that. The kids in schools in NY (ironically) weren't like that.

Not to mention that we have a special needs child. And one other child who is just slow with learning. Well, the public schools here aren't good with that sort of thing. My autistic child was in a classroom where the teacher just couldn't connect with him. He was actually degressing (not sure if that's the word). And my other child who was doing slowly, they didn't spend the extra time to help her and she was soing poorly with her grades.

Anyway, to make a long story short, we started homeschooling. And it was one of the best decisions we ever made. We can go at their own pace and teach things that they don't teach in regular schools (and not teach them things they DO teach in regular schools... if you know what I mean). We are really starting to notice a change in their behavior too. They listen better, they can sit for longer periods of time (like in church). They just don't have that "bad" influence from the other kids.

So that's our little story. It's good to be here!!
Charlie
Bringing hope and encouragement to young families through music.
hyunacrysten

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was so hesitant about this homeschooling experimentation that I even reserved an auxiliary school standardized in case I had to send my kids reverse to school at the last instant. Best product demo videos - Seekclip.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home School Dads Forum Index -> Reasons for Starting All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: