Home School Dads

Line

Spacespace
Message Boards
Stripes

space
Home School Dads
A Website for Fathers who Home School

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

. ... Dallas has won seven of its past eight games at

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home School Dads Forum Index -> Reasons for Starting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bellis555

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:21 pm    Post subject: . ... Dallas has won seven of its past eight games at Reply with quote

CHICAGO -- After getting roughed up last month in a start at Houston, John Danks decided to break down his delivery and make a number of mechanical changes. Nike Free 5.0 Dame Tilbud . The result has been a remarkable turnaround, which Danks continued with seven solid innings Wednesday night as the Chicago White Sox beat the Detroit Tigers 8-2. "Ive probably thrown more bullpens probably in the last month than I have in the last couple years," Danks said. "Its been good." Jose Abreu hit an early homer off Detroit starter Justin Verlander, then singled to start a seven-run burst in the sixth inning that gave Danks all the support he needed as the White Sox won for the second straight time against the AL Central-leaders. Abreu went 3 for 4 with a walk and scored twice. The Cuban rookie has 19 home runs and 50 RBIs this season. Abreu has been the catalyst behind the surprising White Sox (33-33) staying within striking distance, but the star in this game was the crafty left-hander and his 80 mph (or slower) changeup. Danks (5-5) allowed two runs and six hits in seven innings. He has permitted just five runs in 29 1-3 innings over his past four starts since allowing eight runs (seven earned) in 4 2-3 innings at Houston last month. "I think Johnny has really picked it up," manager Robin Ventura said. "He went through a period where he wasnt commanding his fastball and changeup. He made some adjustments and hes really been different since then, not only with control but it seems like his velocity has some zip to it and his changeup looks better." Verlander (6-6) gave up seven runs and eight hits in 5 2-3 innings as the Tigers lost their third in a row. "His stuff again was good. He just couldnt muscle through a couple innings there," Detroit manager Brad Ausmus said. "I dont really know how to explain it. His stuff was good again." The seven runs in an inning matched a season high for Chicago. The White Sox also scored seven on May 9 against Arizona. Abreu connected on Verlanders first pitch of the second inning for a solo homer over the left-centre field wall. Detroit tied it in the fourth when Miguel Cabrera doubled and scored on a groundout by Torii Hunter. Singles by Abreu, Adam Dunn and Alexei Ramirez loaded the bases with no outs in the sixth. Dayan Viciedo grounded into a double play and Abreu scored for a 2-1 lead. It appeared as if Verlander might escape with just one run scoring, but Alejandro De Aza followed with a bloop single for a run, and Adrian Nieto and Adam Eaton drew walks to load the bases. That brought up Gordon Beckham, and Detroit manager Brad Ausmus kept Verlander in the game despite the right-hander having thrown 121 pitches to that point. The next pitch was a 96 mph fastball that Beckham lined for a two-run single. "We led off with three singles, guys getting on base against Verlander," Beckham said. "Youve got to have guys out there because not a lot of guys hit homers, unless your names Jose." Reliever Ian Krol faced three batters and retired no one. He gave up a two-run double to Conor Gillaspie and -- following an intentional walk to Abreu -- an RBI single to Dunn. "I need to limit the walks. That one huge inning, I walked a few guys and gave up a couple weak hits and turned it in to a big inning myself when it shouldnt have been," Verlander said. With the way Danks was pitching, the cushion was more than enough. "Im just trying to take it out to the field with me, and so far, so good," he said. "But Im not going to rest on my laurels and Im going to get ready for my next start. Ive been humbled in this game before, so Im going to try and keep from doing that before." NOTES: Cabrera (left hamstring) said he was feeling better Wednesday, but Ausmus decided to keep the slugger at DH. "Give him another day," Ausmus said. "We dont want this lingering." ... The White Sox have signed nine of their first 10 draft picks so far, with the lone holdout being LHP Carlos Rodon, the No. 3 pick overall. ... The Tigers decided to skip LHP Drew Smyly and keep the matchup between Max Scherzer (7-2) and Chris Sale (5-0) for the series finale Thursday. Smyly, originally scheduled to pitch Wednesday, will pitch Friday against Minnesota. Ike Free 5.0 Herre Udsalg . Luke Wileman and I stood in the corridor outside of the Vancouver Whitecaps dressing room at BC Place in Vancouver. Nike Free Rn Flyknit Dame .com) - The Vancouver Canucks recovered from a fluke goal early last time out to knock off one of the top teams in the league. http://www.razmadazz.com/puma-suede-heart-reset.html . His brother Red Lake chiropractor Richard Radford is en route to Sochi to cheer on his younger brother. "Ive been getting texts from Eric and he just says the atmosphere is amazing, its special, he said. DALLAS -- Vernon Fiddler and the Dallas Stars are sure making their playoff chase interesting. Fiddler extended a shootout when he recovered to score after almost falling down, and Tyler Seguin had the game-winner and the Stars beat Nashville 3-2 on Tuesday night to keep their hold on the Western Conferences eighth and final playoff spot. "I just really thought that was part of his plan to distract the goaltender," coach Lindy Ruff joked. "But it was great to see him finish off the play." The first two shooters for each team came up empty in the shootout before Nashvilles Roman Josi shot and it appeared that Kari Lehtonen had made the stop. But the puck trickled under the pads and slid just past the line. Needing to score to keep the game going, Fiddler slipped after taking off, but got upright in time to make a shot in the lower left side of the net. "That was something else," said Fiddler, who had an issue with a skate. "They tried to fix it, our trainer did. He told me not to turn that way, but I didnt listen to him. Maybe I should have listened to him, but I was just thankful that it caught my other edge." After Matt Cullen failed to score for Nashville, Seguin -- who had been 1 of 6 in shootout chances this season -- ended the game with his shot and eliminated the Predators from post-season contention. "Going fourth tells you that the lack of success put him in that slot," Ruff said. "Hes been great all year 5-on-5, overtime ... I think theres players that can seize the moment, and he seized that moment." Dallas has 89 points, two ahead of Phoenix after the Coyotes got a point for an overtime loss at Columbus. Both teams have three games left. "Its huge. Obviously, youre scoreboard watching," Fiddler said. "We saw Phoenix picked up a point so we wanted to do anything we could to pick up any kind of points. Its a big two points." The Stars play twice more at home, including the makeup Wednesday night against Columbus of the March 10 game when Stars forward Rich Peverley collapsed on the bench in the first period because of an irregular heartbeat. Dallas regulaar-season finale is Sunday at Phoenix. Nike Free Sko Herre. Jamie Benn scored his 34th goal for the Stars, who are trying to avoid another late-season collapse. Dallas lost its 2011 regular-season finale with a playoff spot on the line, and missed the post-season again after losing its final five games in 2012 and then going 0-4-1 down the stretch last season. Gabriel Bourque scored two goals for Nashville, which with 82 points and only three games left have no possibility of getting into the top eight. "Played some good hockey, feel like we got better through the season, so we can obviously hang our hat on that," centre Mike Fisher said. "But its still disappointing." Lehtonen had 27 saves in regulation and overtime. Pekka Rinne stopped 28 shots, and remained at 161 victories, tied for the most in Nashville franchise history. The Stars missed a big chance in the third period when they had a two-man advantage for 1 minute, 38 seconds. They got three shots off. Dallas was up 1-0 less than 2 1/2 minutes into the game when Alex Goligoski scored from the top of the circle. Nashville got even when Bourque scored early in the second period, after Craig Smith worked the puck around the back of the net and passed out to the middle for the shot. Benn scored on a breakaway in the second period, but Bourque scored again midway through the third period. "Obviously, desperate team over there, desperate team in here," defenceman Shea Weber said. "A little bit of a slow start in the first. Kind of weathered their storm and I think after that, we fought hard. ... We just couldnt find a way to get the win." Notes: Ray Whitney missed his third game in a row for Dallas with a lower body injury. ... There was a brief delay with 3:16 left in the third period when arena workers had to replace one of the sheets of plexiglass that had a large star-shaped crack after a hard shot, apparently by Stars centre Cody Eakin. ... Goligoski had a goal and six assists in the season series against Nashville that Dallas won 3-2. ... Dallas has won seven of its past eight games at home, the loss coming in a shootout. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home School Dads Forum Index -> Reasons for Starting All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: