Home School Dads

Line

Spacespace
Message Boards
Stripes

space
Home School Dads
A Website for Fathers who Home School

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tell Us Your Funniest Homeschool Experience

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home School Dads Forum Index -> The Homeschool Dads Contests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigDaddy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 9:47 am    Post subject: Tell Us Your Funniest Homeschool Experience Reply with quote

Ok, the photo thing didn't go over very well. So here's a new contest:

Tell us dads your funniest homeschooling experience. It could be related to a field trip, science project gone wrong, whatever caused laughter that made your day. This contest will be open through the end of April. On May 1st, i'll create a Poll so we can all vote on the winner.

The winner will receive a $10 gift certificate from Amazon.com or a national retail/restaurant chain.

So post your entires and lets be honest. It had to have really happened! No made up fish stories!

Mark

Last edited by BigDaddy on Wed Jun 01, 2005 11:28 am; edited 1 time in total
bartii

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if my oldest son was going through a growing spurt or what but after our pledge allegiance to the flag and prayer I had them get their math books out. They have to to do at least two pages per day.

I went to the computer to get some things done when my oldest came out. My oldest son came out and asked me a question about his math. We went over his math. When he got done I looked at him and asked if he felt ok. He stated that he did, but was feeling a little tired.

Now my sons like to try to get away with talking with each other which gets them into trouble, with one of them ending up on the bar doing their work. However, on this day they were quite quiet.

After awhile I go in the dining room, where we do school, and find my youngest son doing his work and my oldest is has his head on his math book sound asleep.

What a way to soak up all that math information.

I did wake him up and he had a snack did some more work and his head was back down on his book again. I woke him up again. He asked if he could go to bed. I said sure and he slept for three hours.

We didn't finish school that day.
Paul

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The one of the local grocheries often hires a paticular police officer for special duty work that shares some interests with me. We often pause in our shopping while I talk with him, and he knows that we are homeschoolers. A few years ago we had a spate of heavy snow that closed the local schools for several days. On a shopping trip during this timespan, the police officer turned to my daughter (then 10yo) and asked, "How do you like all this time home from school?"

My daughter adopted her best Wensday Addams demeanor and replied, "I'm homeschooled. That means that I have to do twice as much work!"

( Any yes, in reality she'ld spent most of the time rolling snowballs. )

Paul
BigDaddy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bartii wrote:
my oldest has his head on his math book sound asleep.

While my kids have never fallen asleep during school, I think i've come close on occasion. Laughing
Treeman

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 10:38 pm    Post subject: Homeschool or Daycare ? Reply with quote

A few weeks ago, I called a contractor to get a bid on some work we needed done on the back porch. As he came through the house, I noticed we had a bit more activity than usual. My two daughters (13 & 14) and my son (Cool were busy working with two of my late wife's friends who volunteered to help homeschool them. Another friend and her newborn baby were playing with my two-year old daughter. My secretary had brought both of her young children to work with her. AND, my parents were visiting. A total of fourteen people in the house! As this poor guy manuevered his way through an obstacle course of toys, games, furniture and people, he looked me and said, in all seriousness, "Are these all your kids, or are you running a daycare center here?"
BigDaddy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 8:37 am    Post subject: Vote Now! Reply with quote

The time to vote is now! Go here http://www.homeschooldads.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=68 to cast your vote on the funniest experience.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home School Dads Forum Index -> The Homeschool Dads Contests All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: