Home School Dads

Line

Spacespace
Message Boards
Stripes

space
Home School Dads
A Website for Fathers who Home School

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Merry Christmas 2010

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home School Dads Forum Index -> I Need A Break!!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Frank

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:53 pm    Post subject: Merry Christmas 2010 Reply with quote

I'll be busy over the next few days and won't check in here so I'll take this opportunity to wish y'all a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

From you favorite (only?) atheist unschooler,

Frank
BigDaddy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Frank,
In this day and age of political correctness, it's unusual to hear an atheist even say CHRISTmas! It's usually "Happy Holidays".

But here's wishing you and your family a Very Merry Christmas and the best of Blessings in the coming New Year!

Mark
Frank

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Mark!

Well, *I* am an atheist but I was raised and educated in Christianity and the traditions are part of my makeup, and most of my family and friends are religious. Plus this is in many ways a Christian culture and I live in this culture. Also, as many Christians would point out, Christmas is more of a consumer holiday nowadays than anything else. I am also not a Capitalist but, again, live and function in this Capitalist society, so I can go with the flow or fight against it. In this case, I enjoy going with the flow.

I love holidays which focus on family and thoughtfulness and the joy of giving and receiving, in a deeper sense than just physical objects as gifts. I hope y'all had a wonderful Christmas and are gearing up for a lovely new year. We're starting the new year with a trip to New Orleans for my sister's wedding. That'll be a fine time.

Take care,

Frank
danedwards2

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

merry christmas & wishing everybody a bountiful 2012! Smile
Frank

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Dan!

Same to you and yours. We're looking forward to 2012.
MikeHoliday

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This forum seems very accepting which is awesome -- hopefully activity continues Smile. I'm Christian, but I'm sick and tired of all the hate in the FB groups I'm in. Happy New Year everyone, hope you got a bit of a break!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home School Dads Forum Index -> I Need A Break!! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: