Home School Dads

Line

Spacespace
Message Boards
Stripes

space
Home School Dads
A Website for Fathers who Home School

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Basilosaurus alert!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Frank

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:42 pm    Post subject: Basilosaurus alert! Reply with quote

Hey, basil, if you're still reading here, have you seen the August (2010) issue of National Geographic? Nice article about early whales and some good basilosaurus stuff.
basilosaurus

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Frank,

Yes, I continue to lurk around. I will check out the early whale story that you mentioned. Looks like the site has been pretty calm since my clashes discussions with Rich. My Hitchenesque approach (minus the lofty rhetoric) although not well received here, is necessary for me. I am in a "Not in my backyard" mood regarding religion and the charlatan evangalists it produces. Good to hear from you...btw I am now engaged in some college course taking in an effort to set myself up to teach physics, chemistry and biology at the high school level as I head towards retirement in the next two decades. My son is doing well at ten and is a championship swimmer,who seems to be tiring of my Thomas Paine quotes.
Frank

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most dads' sites are generally quiet, except for flamewars. Being an atheist and an unschooler, I'm in about as small a minority as one could imagine.

Hope you find your new pursuits interesting. I retired from Microsoft in 95 and completely retired from even taking consulting gigs a coupla years ago. My girls are now 18 and almost-17; they're essentially adults. It's been a wonderful time, watching them grow and explore the world around them, but my wife, Ronnie, and I are now kinda looking at an empty-nest condition and thinking about adventures for us as a couple. We'll see what shakes out over the next coupla years.

Keep on rockin' in the free world!

Frank
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home School Dads Forum Index -> Science All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: