Home School Dads

Line

Spacespace
Message Boards
Stripes

space
Home School Dads
A Website for Fathers who Home School

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

White shoes. Fur coat. Pantyhose. Fu Manchu mustache.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home School Dads Forum Index -> I Need A Break!!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
liny195

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:28 pm    Post subject: White shoes. Fur coat. Pantyhose. Fu Manchu mustache. Reply with quote

And an arm that would make Superman proud.Yep Joe Namath Jerseys Stitched , Joe Namath is the NFL's greatest character. Guaranteed.The Pro Football Hall of Fame quarterback who guaranteed his three-touchdown underdog New York Jets would beat the mighty Baltimore Colts in the third Super Bowl was a solid choice in balloting conducted by The Associated Press in conjunction with the league's celebration of its 100th season. Namath earned 2,577 points in voting by a nationwide panel of 60 football historians and media who regularly cover the NFL."Sonny (Werblin, the Jets owner) came from the entertainment business and he believed in the star system. He knew fans wanted to see stars," Namath said. "We thought of ourselves as just football players that nobody got to know except the guys we played with."I'll never forget this. I had dinner with the Werblins one night — this was late in the 1960s — and Sonny was telling me, 'You're a confident guy. Be more open, it will be better for everybody.' And I kept saying, 'It's just football. How much is there to talk about?'"So finally, his wife leans over and says, 'Joe, don't worry, honey. It's all just show business,' and she turned out to be right. Sport was changing. Things were changing in society, too. ..."All that action off the field? Some of it was good and some not so good. But thank God, we're still here."And on top.Namath easily outdistanced the late Al Davis Youth LaDainian Tomlinson Jerseys , owner of the Raiders and a former coach and AFL commissioner. Each had 12 first-place votes, but Davis wound up 162 points behind Namath.Only Hall of Fame quarterback Brett Favre was on all 60 ballots. Favre finished fourth overall.Namath's career numbers weren't spectacular, but his impact on the sport was enormous. The Jets' win helped validate the AFL and the merger that NFL owners accepted. It boosted the Super Bowl toward elite sports status; no event in America gets more attention or draws a bigger audience.And Namath established the Jets as a force in a metropolitan area previously dominated by the Giants."I don't know that a day goes by that I don't get reminded of that game," Namath said. "I never get tired of talking about it. It's a memory that never gets old."Consider, also, that Jets fans over the last half-century have not seen their team return to the big game, let alone win it. Namath remains the biggest hero in franchise history.Also consider that when anyone participating in the NFL is lauded (or even criticized for) their behavior, Namath's name tends to get mentioned.Davis was trailed in the voting by one of his coaches, John Madden. But Madden's persona is defined by his work in the announcing booth more than his work on the Raiders' sideline.Favre's feistiness and gambling style as Green Bay's quarterback made him a natural choice for the top five, and he was followed by the flamboyant Deion Sanders.Other characters in the top 30, which was revealed on NFL Network on Friday night, were colorful coaches Bum Phillips (No. 6), Mike Ditka (No. 10), Buddy Ryan (11th) LaDainian Tomlinson Jerseys Stitched , Bill Parcells (12th) and Vince Lombardi (22nd); quarterback-turned broadcaster Don Meredith (17th); and such great-nicknamed characters as Chad (Ochocinco) Johnson at No. 14, Rob (Gronk) Gronkowski at No. 15, William (Refrigerator) Perry at No. 23; and Marshawn (Beast Mode) Lynch at No. 24. Michigan Vs. Iowa - 12:00 PM EST - FOXIowaOT, Tristan Wirfs - #74 - Round 1Best Trait - The best athlete at the positionWorst Trait - Needs to get in the chest of longer edge guys fasterPurdue Vs. Penn St - 12:00 PM EST - ESPNPenn StEDGE, Yetur Gross-Matos - #99 - Round 1Best Trait - Long and powerfulWorst Trait - On the ground a lotUtah St Vs. LSU - 12:00 PM EST - SECNLSUCB, Kristian Fulton, #22 - Round 1Best Trait - Explosive in and out of breaksWorst Trait - Cheated on a drug testTCU St Vs. Iowa St - 12:00 PM EST - ESPN2TCUOT, Lucas Niang, #77 - Rounds 1-2Best Trait - Ideal height and lengthWorst Trait - Has to work on balanceWest Virginia Vs. Texas - 3:30 PM EST - ABCTexasOT,Samuel Cosmi, #52 - Rounds 2-3Best Trait - Fas active handsWorst Trait - Needs to bulk up for the NFLKansas St Vs Baylor - 12:00 PM EST -ESPNBaylorEdge, James Lynch, #93 - Rounds 4-5Best Trait - A smooth mover for his sizeWorst Trait - A sort of tweenerFlorida Vs Auburn - 3:30 PM EST - CBSFloridaEDGE, Jonathan Greenard Youth Joe Klecko Jerseys , #58 - Rounds 2-3Best Trait - Great size speed comboWorst Trait - ligament damage in wrist Arizona Vs Colorado - 4:30 PM EST - PACN ColoradoWR, Laviska Shenault, #2 - Round 1Best Trait - He is a dynamo with the ball in his handsWorst Trait - Needs to expand his route repertoire Tennessee Vs. Georgia - 7:00 PM EST - ESPNGeorgiaOT, Andrew Thomas, #71 - Round 1Best Trait - Very quick and stoutWorst Trait - Could do better pullingOhio St Vs. Michigan St - 7:30 PM EST - ABCOhio StEdge, Chase Young, #2 - Top 5Best Trait - Well rounded and stout at all levelsWorst Trait - Can work on combining pass rushing movesOregon Vs. California - Sat - 8:00 PM EST - FOXCaliforniaLB, Evan Weaver, #89 - Round 1Best Trait - Finds ball carriers like a Basset HoundWorst Trait - AVG AthleticismStanford Vs. Washington - 10:30 PM EST - ESPNStanfordCB, Paulson Adebo, #11 - Round 1Best Trait - Fluid hipsWorst Trait - Falls for double moves
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home School Dads Forum Index -> I Need A Break!! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: