Home School Dads

Line

Spacespace
Message Boards
Stripes

space
Home School Dads
A Website for Fathers who Home School

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Big Oil and the Energy Non-Crisis

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home School Dads Forum Index -> I Need A Break!!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigDaddy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:41 am    Post subject: Big Oil and the Energy Non-Crisis Reply with quote

I know its probably a little late, but BEFORE anyone gets too upset at the oil companies you'd better check out the BIG picture. Yes the oil companies made a huge profit. But, who got the BULK of the profit from the price of oil? As they always say "FOLLOW THE MONEY TRAIL!" It only costs between $3-$5 to get the crude out of the ground. The oil companies make a small profit per barrel on the oil. Where does the rest go? Watch these videos and let me know what you think. http://www.youtube.com/user/tonytt98

Be sure to scroll to the bottom and start with the 1st and work your way through. The problem with oil prices started way back in the 1960's! Watch and learn...
Frank

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok. Here's what I think, FWIW. Just my opinion.

Wow! Abiotic oil, space ships that travel faster than the speed of light between secret bases on the moon and Mars, and other incredible (literally) revelations from the Granada Forum. How did I miss out on that freak-fest?

I couldn't bear to watch more than a few minutes of this silliness but I'll bet that the Illuminati or, at least, the trilateral commission show up at some point.

For the record, according to actual data and not idiotic conspiracy theories, the Prudhoe Bay oil field has produced over 13 billion barrels of oil between 1977 and 2005. It peaked (Yes, I'm sure Mr. Williams hates hearing that word!) in 1988 at 2 million barrels per day, and has been in decline ever since. Arctic reserves would be good for about 1 to 1-1/2 years at 100% demand.

Oh, yeah, and the concept of abiotic oil is just about as realistic and sensible as FTL government spaceships zooming to our secret bases on Mars. Where can I buy a ticket for that ride?

Please! Gimme a break.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home School Dads Forum Index -> I Need A Break!! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: