Home School Dads

Line

Spacespace
Message Boards
Stripes

space
Home School Dads
A Website for Fathers who Home School

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vermont

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home School Dads Forum Index -> Where Are You Located
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VTDad

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:34 am    Post subject: Vermont Reply with quote

Wow, what a great forum!
My wife and I homeschool our children together so I don't know if I really qualify as an HS Dad, but I'm glad to know there are others out there. I work from home as a computer programmer which means I have enough flexibility in my schedule to participate in a lot of the daytime activities with my two kids. They're still young (2 and 5). but I'm hoping to teach as much as possible as time goes on.

When we first moved here to VT I started attending the local homeschool group meetings every month. You would think I had two heads... Men just don't seem to have ever attended anything with this group. One or two will show up as baby sitters on occasion, but none will sit in on the conversation. I don't say much since I realize I am a minority in the group, but I do get a very real sense that my presence makes a few of the members uncomforatble. Am I ruining ladies night out or am I just paranoid??

Anyway, it's very nice to see that there are other DADS out there taking an interest and an integral role in their children's upbringing. Congrats on a great board!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home School Dads Forum Index -> Where Are You Located All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: