Home School Dads

Line

Spacespace
Message Boards
Stripes

space
Home School Dads
A Website for Fathers who Home School

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

These days are gone, but boy they were awesome

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home School Dads Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bartii

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:32 pm    Post subject: These days are gone, but boy they were awesome Reply with quote

I received this link from a friend. I don't remember these days, but have wished for them to return. I have wished for my days to return when I lived in the country.

What do you think?

http://www.bentbay.dk/in_oldDays.html
HippieMike

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I :love it !!! I am not quite that old myself. I am only 45 but boy I too long for those simple days.

Thank you so much for posting this. I will share it with my chidren who will have absolutly no clue as to what I am talking about. Very Happy
RB

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 9:56 pm    Post subject: That's Familiar Reply with quote

I remember one rotary phone with a fifteen foot cord. We had one phone, no answering machine, and no “gadgets.” Touch-tone dialing was an extravagance.

Sometimes we had one TV set. Frequently we had none. When we did have one TV set we watched the free channels. Cable? It was in its infancy when I was a young child.

I grew up listening to talk radio. We were not allowed to turn the dial to a music station.

If I am not mistaken, our family doctor delivered my father. The guy was older than dirt and very friendly.

We did have a milkman come to our apartment twice each week. Milk came in one gallon glass bottles.

I remember soda machines with glass bottles, 5 and 10 cent deposits on bottles, and returning the cases of empty beer bottles to the liquor store.

I remember shoveling coal for the neighbors. The coal man would drop a load through the coal chute and my father and I would shovel it into the coal bins.

All of the adults in the entire neighborhood knew whose kids we were, and when they said, “I’ll tell your parents,” they meant it. It didn’t take a village to raise a child, but the village kept you in line.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home School Dads Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: