Home School Dads

Line

Spacespace
Message Boards
Stripes

space
Home School Dads
A Website for Fathers who Home School

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fun Music Classes

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bvbenson

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:35 pm    Post subject: Fun Music Classes Reply with quote

Just wanted to post what I've been doing with my girls. There's a neat new music school that my wife has started in St. Paul, just off 94 & 35. They have music classes on Saturday mornings. I bring both my 21 month old and my 4 year old and have a blast singing, using musical instruments, and they learn something educational every week. Here is the website and phone number: www.SimplyStringsStudio.com 651.457.1724
Come check it out!!
basilosaurus

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have struggled with my son's interest in serious music. He had some piano lessons but he lost interest. I have also backed off with the classical music and opera so that he doesnt grow up hating it. I'll give it more of a go when he gets to first grade.
HippieMike

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have built a music room inside of our backyard shed. I have a couple of guitars (which is my love) and a drum set (which we bought my son for Christmas last year) and my wife bought me a mandolin a couple of years ago.

The church gave us an old piano (needs tuning). We bought my daughter a pink violin that we found on ebay.

So we will be working on music and with prayer, the children will have a love for music.
basilosaurus

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I highly doubt prayer will foster an appreciation for music in children. The prayers from God talkers worldwide continue to fall on deaf ears as thirty thousand children die daily and needlessly of disease and starvation on this planet.
Frank

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Basil!

Glad to see you're still around. I must confess you're not my absolute favorite basil, that honor belongs to Basil Rathbone or maybe to pesto. Nor are you my favorite *saur, that would be the pterodactyl which became my fave after seeing Bob Bakker's argument for them being pink. Just imagine!

Speaking of Bob Bakker, imagine the conversation around their table during the holidays. He's a paleontologist and his mother is with one of those creation science institutes.

And that's my segue into this little contretemps. I certainly admit that this group needs a gadfly (and more traffic) but do you hafta be so mean about it? Poor HippieMike just joined and he's obviously struggling to find his way. As a fellow traveller, I'd ask you to cut him a little slack. At least until he's more comfortable here. You can always argue with Bart, right?

Frank
basilosaurus

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was nothing mean within the context of my comments. I stated fact that is beyond doubt. Check those statistics at the United Nations. Are prayers for the aformentioned children being answered? Will the 30.000 who die today........will prayers for them be answered? Gods receive the same respectful treatment from me as do pink elephants seen during my college era drinkjing binges.
phendad

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Fun Music Classes Reply with quote

bvbenson wrote:
Just wanted to post what I've been doing with my girls. There's a neat new music school that my wife has started in St. Paul, just off 94 & 35. They have music classes on Saturday mornings. I bring both my 21 month old and my 4 year old and have a blast singing, using musical instruments, and they learn something educational every week. Here is the website and phone number: www.SimplyStringsStudio.com 651.457.1724
Come check it out!!

Hi Benson,

I've seen already the sites; I like the sites very informative and useful. It helps to develop the likeness of the kids. Encourage them to pursue and develop their talent to be a better instrumentalist.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home School Dads Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: