Home School Dads

Line

Spacespace
Message Boards
Stripes

space
Home School Dads
A Website for Fathers who Home School

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

North Orange County, CA

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home School Dads Forum Index -> Where Are You Located
View previous topic :: View next topic  
khro_mark

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 11:51 am    Post subject: North Orange County, CA Reply with quote

Hello fellow home school dads,

I am the primary educator of my son who is currently 7 years old. I work from home and go into L.A. on the days my wife is off. We live in the La Habra, Brea, Fullerton area.

I've joined a couple homeschool groups on Yahoo groups but have found that they are very "mommy" dominated. Going to scheduled "Park Days" are very awkward since they're made up of women who tend to be very guarded with me being the only guy there.

I know that I'm not the only dad who is the primary educator while the wife works. It just seems that we're in the minority.

Still, it doesn't hurt to reach out to see if there are other dads out there.

-Mark
BigDaddy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Mark,
Welcome to the forums here. I know what you mean about being the only dad among a bunch of moms.

It's been a few years since I started this website and have since stopped homeschooling. But there is a regular unschooler named Frank who's on here a lot. I check in every now and then just to see what's going on. Other than that, it's pretty quiet around here. Feel free to post as often as you want to try and spark some conversation.

Mark
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home School Dads Forum Index -> Where Are You Located All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: