Home School Dads

Line

Spacespace
Message Boards
Stripes

space
Home School Dads
A Website for Fathers who Home School

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

first eight games for his second violation of the NFLs p

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home School Dads Forum Index -> Reasons for Starting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bellis555

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:13 pm    Post subject: first eight games for his second violation of the NFLs p Reply with quote

TORONTO -- Just 13 weeks after walking away from his title, Georges St-Pierre is not forgotten. Brendan Leipsic Golden Knights Jersey . But he is devalued. Once ranked among mixed martial arts pound-for-pound elite, the former UFC welterweight champion from Montreal is finding past glory doesnt last long. Fighters have short memories. So do fans. "I cant think backwards," said top 170-pound contender Johny (Bigg Rigg) Hendricks. "Ive got to think forwards. "Look at our division. Its a pretty stacked division. Very talented people in the top 10 and now that Georges has walked away, its time for one of us to make our own mark." Hendricks, who lost a controversial split decision to St-Pierre at UFC 167 last November, gets another shot at the welterweight crown March 15 when he faces veteran (Ruthless) Robbie Lawler at UFC 171 to decide St-Pierres successor. The 32-year-old St-Pierre vacated the title in December, saying he needed time away from the sport. St-Pierre (25-2) left a 12-fight winning streak and a string of UFC records behind him. But his last seven victories came by decision. And in a sport that celebrates sudden, violent finishes to fights, going the distance is not a plus. While some saw only St-Pierres ability to blunt his opponents strengths, others criticized the champion for not taking risks. Facing St-Pierre was death by a thousand cuts. Fighters like Hendricks and Lawler offer one-blow blunt force trauma. In MMA, youre only as good as your last fight. And St-Pierres last offering was gritty but unconvincing. Hendricks (15-2) told a media conference call Thursday that he sees Lawler (22-9 with one no contest) as a more dangerous opponent that St-Pierre. "Georges, you knew that he was going to throw a jab, a high kick, a low kick and try to take you down," he said. "Thats his game plan. "Robbie, if you make a mistake, weve seen it time and time again that he can knock you out. So you really have to make sure that you stay focused, cross all your Ts and dot all your Is, and make sure that you stay solid. And thats a lot more dangerous fight. "With guys who can knock people out, youre one punch away from losing. But those are also the more fun fights for me. You dont know whats going to happen. All you know is youre going to step into an Octagon and hopefully you get your hand raised." Carlos (The Natural Born Killer) Condit, one of the more thoughtful fighters in the UFC, said GSP leaves "some big shoes to fill in one respect." Then Condit (29-7), who lost a decision to St-Pierre at UFC 154, agreed with Hendricks on GSP. "I think people have wanted to see a little bit of excitement," said Condit, who dragged St-Pierre into rare deep waters with a head kick when they fought. "And I think Georges, from time to time, later in his career he had some spurts of excitement. But for the most part people kind of knew what was going to happen. "And now the division has been infused with some energy. Theres a lot of buzz -- you know, whats going to happen? Theres a lot of really really tough guys bottlenecking at the top spots of welterweight. "I think its an exciting time. We all get the opportunity to get in there and try to put that welterweight belt around our waists. Its just a perfect storm. The fans ultimately are going to be the ones that benefit with some really really exciting fights." The 30-year-old Hendricks is the top-ranked contender in the 170-pound division while Lawler is No. 3. No. 2 Condit, who lost to Hendricks at UFC 158, takes on No. 11 Tyron Woodley (12-2) in the UFC 171 co-main event. Condit says he has been told a win will earn him another title shot. Hendricks, a former two-time NCAA champion wrestler, is currently No. 10 in the UFCs pound-for-pound rankings. Lawler does not figure in the top 15. St-Pierre seems to deserve better. The decision over Hendricks was a record 19th win in the UFC for the Canadian, moving him past former welterweight champion Matt Hughes at 18. The Hendricks victory also moved GSP past former middleweight champion Anderson Silva for most wins in UFC title bouts at 12. St-Pierre holds the record for career fight time in the UFC at five hours 28 minutes 12 seconds. And he owns the UFC mark for most championship rounds fought (52). UFC 167 was St-Pierres 14th championship fight, one behind Randy (The Natural) Couture. St-Pierre also leads the UFC records in total strikes landed (2,523), significant strikes landed (1,254), takedowns landed (87) and takedown accuracy rate (73.7 per cent), according to FightMetric. Custom Adidas Golden Knights Jerseys . Jonathan Crompton led the team to a 40-9 win over the Saskatchewan Roughriders. Crompton threw three touchdown passes - two to Duron Carter and one to Brandon London - and Sean Whyte connected on four field goals to power the Alouettes to the win. Brad Hunt Golden Knights Jersey . After losing Brett Cecil to groin tightness on Friday, the Blue Jays watched as R. http://www.goldenknightsnhlshop.com/alex-tuch-golden-knights-jersey-c-37/ . -- Quarterback Josh Johnson has returned to the San Francisco 49ers and his former college coach, Jim Harbaugh.CINCINNATI - A different Marvin is getting the attention in Cincinnati. And how could he not? Marvin Jones set a Bengals record with his four touchdown catches during a 49-9 win over the Jets on Sunday, moving ahead of such Cincinnati luminaries as Isaac Curtis, Cris Collinsworth, Carl Pickens, Eddie Brown and Chad Johnson. His game was that good. And that promising: Cincinnati (6-2) is in control of the AFC North and on track for a third straight playoff appearance, which would be another franchise first. "Were an offence thats evolving," left tackle Andrew Whitworth said. Nobodys evolving faster than Jones, who was known for his speed when the Bengals drafted him in the fifth round out of California in 2012. He went through the usual rookie growing pains and suffered a knee injury that sidelined him for four games. He moved into the starting lineup near the end of the season and finished with 18 catches for 201 yards and one touchdown overall nothing there to suggest he was the answer to the Bengals overriding question. Who could complement All-Pro receiver A.J. Green? On Sunday, Jones did things that Green has never come close to managing. "It was unbelievable," Green said. "I dont think I have scored four touchdowns since high school. That guy is awesome." Jones has evolved from a speed-based receiver to one who can make the tough catch while closely guarded. He had a sensational catch for a touchdown during a 27-24 win at Detroit, landing hard on his left shoulder in the back of the end zone while holding onto the ball. "Hes just Marvin," coach Marvin Lewis said. "Marvin has a lot of ability and great speed. Hes tough at the catch and hes showing how tough he truly is." Against the Jets, he had three more acrobatic catches in the end zone and turned a short pass into another touchdown by spinning away from tacklers. He also had a 30-yard reception that set up Andy Daltons other touchdown throw. Daltons five touchdown passes were a career high. Hes got 11 in the last three games, becoming the first Bengals quarterback with such a run, according to STATS LLC. Six off them have gone to Jones. Teemu Pulkkinen Jersey. "Hes had the potential since hes been here," Dalton said. "I think hes just comfortable with everything that were doing and everything that were asking him to do." The Bengals (6-2) lead the AFC North by 2 1/2 games heading into their game on Thursday night at Miami (3-4), which has lost four straight. The Dolphins will have to worry about more than just guarding Green. Jones slipped to the fifth round because he wasnt considered a well-rounded receiver. Against the Jets, he did a little bit of everything, catching all types of passes. He had eight receptions for 122 yards, both career highs. He has used his draft-day status as motivation to become a complete receiver. "I dont think about that too much, but when somebody mentions it I start thinking about it and I start going back to that day and stuff," he said. "So it does. Every once in a while when I think of it, it does get me a little edgy." Green has noticed. "That guy plays with a chip on his shoulder like no other," Green said. "He got drafted in the fifth round but you turn on the tape and see some of the plays he makes, hes a first-rounder." Hes the first Bengals receiver to have five touchdown catches in two games since Johnson in 2006, according to STATS. And he now leads the list for touchdown catches in a game. "When I see people making plays, I want to make plays just as much," Jones said. "Thats been in me since I was a young kid. I just wanted to be great." NOTES: DE DeQuin Evans returned to practice Monday on a roster exemption. He was suspended for the first eight games for his second violation of the NFLs policy on performance enhancing substances. ... Lewis declined to provide an update on middle linebacker Rey Maualugas knee injury. Maualuga got his left leg twisted beneath him on Sunday and was taken off the field on a cart. ... Whitworth was noncommittal about whether hell have a chance to play on Thursday. He aggravated his right knee injury, which was hurt during training camp. ___ AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home School Dads Forum Index -> Reasons for Starting All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: