Home School Dads

Line

Spacespace
Message Boards
Stripes

space
Home School Dads
A Website for Fathers who Home School

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

he first on Goldschmidts RBI single, the third in a row

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home School Dads Forum Index -> Reasons for Starting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bellis555

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:58 pm    Post subject: he first on Goldschmidts RBI single, the third in a row Reply with quote

MONTREAL -- The twin Mercedes of Nico Rosberg and Lewis Hamilton have so dominated the Formula One circuit this season that even a second-place finish that extended Rosbergs lead in the championship standings left them disappointed. Denis Savard Jersey . "We need to make sure that were bulletproof," Rosberg said after Daniel Ricciardo passed the hobbled Silver Arrow with two laps to go to win the Canadian Grand Prix on Sunday. "Having lost the win, thats very, very disappointing, definitely, and also disappointing for us as a team. We have such speed and such a great car, to not win the race and even just finish with one car and come second is hugely disappointing for us, definitely. "Our ambition is to finish one-two so we need to make sure that we get back there again next race in Austria." Mercedes had won every race in the series heading into Montreal, with Rosberg posting two victories and four second-place finishes. Hamilton won the other four races, finishing second in Monaco last month; he had engine trouble and did not finish the season opener in Melbourne. Thats pretty much what it takes to knock the Mercedes off the top spots of the podium, and it happened again this week on the Circuit Gilles Villeneuve. Both Rosberg and Hamilton had the same problem, at about the same time -- the midpoint of the 70-lap race. When Rosberg radioed in for a solution, he was told, "We dont think we can resolve it." Rosberg said the problem put more pressure on the rear brakes, causing them to overheat. "I think it surprised us, yes, because the pace Mercedes has had all year," Ricciardo said. "Obviously, Im still going to take the victory, dont get me wrong. But they had their issues today, which allowed us to really make an attack. "But its nice that we capitalized on that. I think it would have been disappointing if they had their issues and they were able to still get the best of us." The second-place finish -- his seventh podium in seven races -- gives Rosberg 140 points of a possible 175 on the season; Hamilton is second with 118. Ricciardo moved into third with 79 after his first career Formula One victory, passing Ferraris Fernando Alonso (69 points), and Ricciardos Red Bull teammate Sebastian Vettel, the four-time defending world champion, finished third and is fifth in the standings with 60 points. "We are fully aware that Red Bull is still an amazingly strong team and pushing like crazy to catch us," Rosberg said. "We are well aware of that and we are always concerned and always making sure that our drive remains exactly the same as it was last year when we were half-a-second behind them. Were really pushing to even extend the gap." Vettel said he is feeling better about his car, but he wont let the two spots on the podium mask the fact that the Mercedes has been faster all year. And hes not counting on more mechanical problems for Rosberg and Hamilton in the future. "Today, I think we got lucky," said Vettel, the 2013 Montreal winner. "Obviously, it feels great and its a great reward for the whole team after such a painful winter and a very difficult start to the season. To get both cars on the podium and to beat at least one of the Mercedes, I think thats a very, very positive day for us." Ricciardo has two third-place finishes, two fourth-place finishes and a win in his last five races. He crossed the finish line second in the season opener in his homeland, but was later disqualified for an illegal fuel flow. Still, the 24-year-old Australian said it is too soon to the Grand Prix of Austria on June 22. "I think Ill just enjoy this for now and not look too far ahead," he said. "I think this is definitely a moment I should embrace. Im actually supposed to fly back tonight, but I dont know if I want to spend (the night of) my first victory on a plane." Tony Esposito Jersey . Yup, he definitely needed this one. Craig homered twice and had three RBIs Wednesday night to lead the St. Louis Cardinals to a 7-2 victory over the Pittsburgh Pirates. Craig went 4 for 5 and Yadier Molina added three hits for the Cardinals, who salvaged the final game of a three-game set in hopes of staying within shouting distance of front-running Milwaukee in the NL Central. Connor Murphy Jersey .com) - Patrik Elias registered the winner in the shootout as New Jersey nipped Toronto 2-1 at Prudential Center on Wednesday. http://www.officialblackhawksauthority.com/jeremy-roenick-blackhawks-jersey-c-19/ . Maria Silvia Bastos Marques, president of the EOM (Municipal Olympic Company), will be leaving her post but will remain as an advisor, a city hall statement said Tuesday.LOS ANGELES, Calif. - With three straight losses hanging over his head and chatter that he should be shut down for the season, Patrick Corbin tuned it all out. The left-hander allowed one run in 6 1-3 innings and got balanced offensive support in the Arizona Diamondbacks 4-1 win over the Los Angeles Dodgers on Wednesday night. The victory moved the D-backs above .500 at 73-72, and gave them an 8-7 lead in the season series with Los Angeles, which will play at Arizona next week. Paul Goldschmidt went 4 for 5, tying his career high for hits, and drove in a pair of runs as the D-backs snapped a five-game skid against the Dodgers and avoided a series sweep. Dodgers catcher A.J. Ellis said Goldschmidt would be his favourite to win NL MVP honours. "He carried that team when they fought through injuries and didnt really have a presence in the middle of the lineup," Ellis said. "To do what hes done from an RBI standpoint and a home run standpoint, and with the other things he does great defence, great base runner hes one of the more underrated complete players in all of baseball." Goldschmidt had his second four-hit game and ninth multi-hit effort against the Dodgers this season, raising his average to .379 with three doubles, four homers and 16 RBI in 15 games. Corbin (14-6) improved to 2-0 in three starts at Dodger Stadium. He allowed one run and eight hits in 6 1-3 innings, striking out two and walking two. "I wanted to push him as far as I could. Its good for his development," Arizona manager Kirk Gibson said. "Has he thrown better games? Yes, but he has a way to hanging in there." In Corbins last four starts against Los Angeles dating to Aug. 1, 2012, he is 3-0 with a 1.93 ERA. "I got out of a lot of jams. Its not a good way to pitch," he said. "I feel fresh. I just want to finish the season strong." Brad Ziegler pitched the ninth to earn his 10th save in 12 chances. Hyun-Jin Ryu (13-6) gave up three runs and 10 hits his second-most this season while striking out one and walking none in his first start since Aug. ED Belfour Jersey. 30. The left-hander missed his scheduled start last Friday because of a stiff back. "He got off to a little bit of a shaky start and they didnt miss any of the mistakes he threw the first couple of innings and were able to capitalize on that," Ellis said. "But then he settled down and did what we ask all of our pitchers to do, keep us in the game and give us a chance to win." Willie Bloomquist was 3 for 5 with a run scored for Arizona. A.J. Pollock and Tuffy Gosewisch both were 2 for 4 with a run scored. Arizona took a 2-0 lead in the first on Goldschmidts RBI single, the third in a row given up by Ryu to open the game, and Martin Prados double-play groundout. Gosewischs RBI double in the second made it 3-0. Goldschmidts RBI single off Brian Wilson in the seventh scored Gosewisch, who doubled off Brandon League, extending Arizonas lead to 4-0. "We got a deep lineup," Goldschmidt said. "A lot of guys contribute. Thats what its going to take for us to win." Los Angeles got its only run on Yasiel Puigs 16th homer, a towering shot into the Dodgers bullpen in left, in the seventh. Notes: The Dodgers turned four double plays. ... The Dodgers selected the contract of LHP Onelki Garcia from Triple-A Albuquerque and transferred RHP Shawn Tolleson to the 60-day DL. Garcia, who made his major league debut in the ninth, is expected to provide extra protection in the bullpen for leftys Paco Rodriguez and J.P. Howell. ... Corbin needs one start for 30 and three innings to reach 200, which would make him the youngest D-backs lefty in club history to do so. ... The 12th anniversary of the 9-11 attacks was marked by a moment of silence, a helicopter flyover and first responders lined up on the first and third base lines during pre-game ceremonies. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home School Dads Forum Index -> Reasons for Starting All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: