Home School Dads

Line

Spacespace
Message Boards
Stripes

space
Home School Dads
A Website for Fathers who Home School

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

arc Priestley and Alex Lynn. Also See: Lewis: Damaged

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home School Dads Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bellis555

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:24 am    Post subject: arc Priestley and Alex Lynn. Also See: Lewis: Damaged Reply with quote

FORTALEZA, Brazil - With tears streaming down his face after being kneed in the back, Neymar was carried off the field on a stretcher. Darryl Sittler Jersey . He wont be coming back. Not to this World Cup, anyway. The 22-year-old Brazil striker, the one with the hopes of a nation on his shoulders, was ruled out of the rest of the tournament after fracturing his third vertebra during Fridays 2-1 quarterfinal win over Colombia. "Its a big loss for us," Brazil midfielder Fernandinho said. "We need to find a way to stay together and become stronger after losing our greatest player. We will try to win this World Cup and for sure we will dedicate it to Neymar." Neymar is the biggest football star in Brazil, and one of the biggest at the tournament along with Argentina forward Lionel Messi. His face has been plastered on billboards and shown on television continuously, leading many of his staunchest supporters to copy his dyed-blonde fauxhawk. His millions of fans had expected Neymars World Cup to end with him holding the trophy, not being carried off the field in tears. Neymar was kneed by Colombia defender Juan Camilo Zuniga late in the second half at the Arena Castelao. He was taken to a private clinic and was released a short time later. He was not expected to need surgery, Brazil team doctor Rodrigo Lasmar said, but he will also not be able to face Germany on Tuesday in the World Cup semifinals. "He will not be in condition to play, he will need a few weeks to be fit again," Lasmar said. "He is very, very sad." About 50 Brazil fans, many still wearing the teams jerseys, crowded outside the clinic where Neymar was taken, while the ambulance that carried him remained parked in front, lights blazing. Neymar was hurt in the 86th minute, falling to the ground in pain after Zuniga jumped into him from behind. Brazil teammate Marcelo quickly called for medical assistance when he saw Neymar writhing in pain. Neymar stayed face down until team doctors arrived and put him on a stretcher. "Everybody knew that Neymar would be hunted," Brazil coach Luiz Felipe Scolari said. "Its been happening in the last three matches and we had been talking about it. But nobody listens to us." Fridays match ended with 54 fouls in total 31 by Brazil and 23 by Colombia. Scolari said Spanish referee Carlos Velasco Carballo should have done more to take control of the match. According to Hulk, another of Brazils striker, Neymar needs more protection from the officials. "Every time is like this. Players always come after Neymar," Hulk said. "The referees need to do more to keep this from happening." ___ Associated Press video journalist Renata Brito contributed to this report. Tie Domi Jersey Jersey .com) - The Columbus Blue Jackets rewarded starting goaltender and pending restricted free agent Sergei Bobrovsky with a four-year contract extension on Friday. Leo Komarov Jersey . Kripps, of Summerland, B.C., and Edmontons Barnett used a terrific second run to move up two spots, putting the Canadian duo in medal contention with the final two runs set for Monday (11:15 a.m. ET, streaming live at cbc. http://www.officialleafsauthority.com/felix-potvin-maple-leafs-jersey-c-21/ . Hall had a goal and three assists in a 5-4 loss to San Jose on Tuesday, had an assist in each of Edmontons next two games the capped the week with a goal and two assists in the Oilers 4-2 win over Anaheim on Sunday.Nico Rosberg says Lewis Hamilton remains the benchmark for him despite winning his sixth race in a row in China to take control of the 2016 world title fight. Although beaten to the first corner by Red Bulls Daniel Ricciardo on Sunday, Rosbergs sequence of wins stretching back to last season never seemed in particular danger of ending - especially after the early race leaders tyre exploded down the back straight on lap three.Rosberg never relinquished the lead thereafter and, completing a conventional two-stop strategy, won by 38 seconds from Ferraris Sebastian Vettel. And with Mercedes team-mate Hamiltons drive from the back of the grid yielding only seventh place, Rosberg now holds a 36-point championship lead. But, despite currently being on the fourth-longest winning sequence in F1 history, Rosberg is not taking anything for granted - or ruling out his triple world champion team-mate.Six wins, that doesnt count for me because three wins were last year and I just think about this year, he told Sky Sports F1. And Im happy about those, theyve gone well, but its early days. Nico Rosberg comfortably wins his sixth consecutive race; Sebastian Vettel and Daniil Kvyat complete podium. Three races are just a handful and weve got 18 to go - its the longest season in F1 history. My team-mate is dear Lewis and hes going to push like hell, like always, and its tough to beat him in previous years and its going to be tough to beat him this year.I look forward to the battle though, thats what Im here for. Hes the benchmark. Race report: Rosberg wins Shanghai thriller Rosberg claims dominant win, but Vettel, Raikkonen and Hamilton all involved in drama behind Having led all but the races opening three races, Rosberg joked I heard there was a lot of action gooing on - I didnt see anything! after all three of his likely title rivals - Hamilton and Ferrari pair Vettel and Kimi Raikkonen - all required front-wing changes in the early stages. Curtis McElhinney Jersey. .But although his race may have been largely hassle-free, the 30-year-old revelled in the handling of his W07 around the Shanghai circuit.A special race for me, really, said Rosberg. The balance of the car and the way we managed to set it up this weekend was insane. On every tyre, whatever we were doing, it was just really a pleasure a drive and I was pushing all the way through to cover every eventuality. It was great.Ive got a little bit of an advantage now and I look forward to the next couple of races and try to win there in Russia.Hamilton: Damaged car drove like a bedHe added: I couldnt foresee that my car was going to handle so well today because on Friday we were really damaging the tyres a lot and today the tyres just held on. It was just incredible out there.With a 100 per cent start to the season behind him, Rosberg will now head to the Russian GP in two weeks time aiming to become the first driver since Michael Schumacher in 2004 to open a season with four straight victories.Ive got a little bit of an advantage now and I look forward to the next couple of races and try to win in Russia, the delighted championship leader added. Paul Di Resta breaks down the chaotic start of the Chinese Grand Prix Dont miss the F1 Report on Wednesday at 8:30pm on Sky Sports F1 for full analysis of an action-packed Chinese Grand Prix at the Shanghai International Circuit. Natalie Pinkham is joined in the studio by Marc Priestley and Alex Lynn. Also See: Lewis: Damaged car drove like a bed WATCH: Chaos on the opening lap Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home School Dads Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: