Home School Dads

Line

Spacespace
Message Boards
Stripes

space
Home School Dads
A Website for Fathers who Home School

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Experiment book

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bartii

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:30 pm    Post subject: Experiment book Reply with quote

I am using a science book through USBORNE(http://usborne.com/). They do not have a lot of experiments. A lot of science deals with experimenting. I was wondering if anyone has been using any kind of book that just has experiments in it and explains what is the purpose of the experiment.
Rich

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Experiment book Reply with quote

bartii wrote:
I am using a science book through USBORNE(http://usborne.com/). They do not have a lot of experiments. A lot of science deals with experimenting. I was wondering if anyone has been using any kind of book that just has experiments in it and explains what is the purpose of the experiment.

Hi Barti,

I've used two excellent books with my kids. The first book, which was good for younger kids aged up to 10 or so, is called "The Scientist's Apprentice" I no longer have it so I can't tell you who published it or give you the ISBN#. I believe though that it would be easy to find at any homeschool convention. That's where I got it if I remember correctly. You might even do a title search and turn it up. The next book which is good through middle school age, is called "Science Smart," published by Main Street. The ISBN# is 1-4027-0514-X. Both of these books use household stuff, contain plans, photos and/or drawings and have forms that the kids report findings on that could be copied. For my highschoolers, I use the Apologia curriculum by Dr. Jay L. Wile. I've used three of his programs; General Science, Biology and Chemistry and all have been excellent so far. The programs are complete with text, lab manual and all supplies can be purchased. The General Science and Chemistry experiments use household stuff but equipment can be purchased with the books. I hope this helps.

Rich
bartii

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I will look into it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home School Dads Forum Index -> Science All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: