Home School Dads

Line

Spacespace
Message Boards
Stripes

space
Home School Dads
A Website for Fathers who Home School

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

on the thirds of the plate as opposed to the middle

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home School Dads Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bellis555

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:59 pm    Post subject: on the thirds of the plate as opposed to the middle Reply with quote

ANAHEIM, Calif. O. J. Howard Buccaneers Jersey . -- Matt Shoemaker is off to a successful start in the major leagues. Just ask a select group of baseballs best pitchers. The rookie right-hander won his fifth straight decision, C.J. Cron and Kole Calhoun homered in the fourth inning against Yu Darvish, and the Los Angeles Angels completed a three-game sweep of the Texas Rangers with a 5-2 victory on Sunday night. Darvish is the latest in a group of top-of-the-rotation pitchers that Shoemaker has opposed this season, including Cliff Lee, David Price, James Shields and Chris Sale. The 27-year-old Shoemaker is 3-0 in those starts with a 2.83 ERA. "Its definitely something Ill savour," he said. "As a pitcher, your focus is huge, so I think that can definitely help a little bit more. I mean, it doesnt really come into play for me -- but in the aftermath, its pretty cool. Those guys have done a lot for this game, and hopefully I can be in their shoes one day down the road." Cron went deep for the third straight game, helping the Angels pull within five games of AL West-leading Oakland. Calhoun was credited with the first run of the game on a replay reversal in the first inning that led to the ejection of Texas manager Ron Washington by plate umpire Bill Miller. Shoemaker (5-1) allowed a run and eight hits in 7 2-3 innings with six strikeouts and two walks. The only run against him came in the sixth, when his attempted pickoff throw to first hit Elvis Andrus and rolled away from Cron, allowing Leonys Martin to score. Joe Smith allowed Brad Snyders two-out homer in the ninth before Chris Gimenez grounded out to end the game. Snyder entered in the fourth after first baseman Donnie Murphy left because of soreness in his left knee. Darvish (7-4) allowed five runs and five hits through six innings, striking out nine and issuing four walks -- three of them to No. 7 hitter Hank Conger. This was the fourth time in 75 major league starts that Darvish allowed two homers in one inning -- and the third time against the Angels. He came in 7-1 with a 3.82 ERA in 11 starts against the Halos, including six straight victories. The injury-decimated Rangers remain a season-worst 11 1/2 games behind Oakland after losing for the fifth straight time and 10th time in their last 14. The play that resulted in Washingtons second ejection of the season began when Martin charged Albert Pujols hit-and-run single to centre field, and then missed the cutoff man as the ball sailed into foul territory between third base and home. Darvish alertly backed up the play and threw to Gimenez for the tag on Calhoun, who tried to score all the way from first. But Gimenez took the throw while standing in front of the dish, leaving Calhoun no clear path. And according to the new rules instituted this season by Major League Baseball to cut down on collisions, that was a violation. So when Angels manager Mike Scioscia came out to challenge Millers original ruling, the replay was checked and Calhoun was declared safe. Gimenez was charged with an error. "I saw Darvish up the line and I knew he had to make a tough play," Calhoun said. "To his credit, he put it right on the money and I didnt have anywhere to slide. I couldnt go inside or outside because there was no lane, which the catcher is supposed to give now due to this new rule. So I slid right into him. You hope you make that contact and put it in their hands and make them overturn it. And they made the right call." Washington, who lost Alex Rios and Michael Choice to ejections in Saturday nights extra-inning loss for arguing balls and strikes with umpire Vic Carapazza, came out of the dugout yelling at Miller -- who motioned to him that he wasnt allowed to argue a replay reversal. But the argument continued, and Washington was tossed. "What got me thrown out was the call that was made out of New York," Washington said. "Youre not supposed to come out and question that, but you cant stop instincts of the game from happening. And to me, that was an instinctive play. There were no intentions of blocking the plate. The ball took him there." NOTES: Shoemakers only loss came in relief against the New York Mets, when he gave up a home run to Anthony Recker in the 13th inning on April 12 at Angel Stadium. ... Darvish has allowed just three first-inning runs in his 14 starts this season. The other two also were by the Angels, on home runs by Aybar and Pujols on May 4 at the "Big A" in his 14-3 victory. ... INF Howie Kendrick, whose RBI double off Jason Frasor in the 10th inning Saturday gave the Angels a 3-2 win, got the day off. He is 0 for 19 against Darvish with seven strikeouts. ... Rangers closer Joakim Soria hasnt pitched since his last save on June 14. Theres nothing physically wrong with him. Its just that the Rangers have lost six of seven since then, and the lone victory was by a 14-8 score. Kendell Beckwith Womens Jersey . -- Without Carey Price, the run for a first Stanley Cup in 21 years got steeper and longer for the Montreal Canadiens. Kendell Beckwith Jersey .S. womens soccer team to a 2-0 win over China in Colorado in the afternoon. http://www.footballbuccaneersprostore.com/Youth-O-J-Howard-Elite-Jersey/ .9 million deal Thursday. The 25-year McGinn had 19 goals and 19 assists in 79 games last season in helping the Avalanche tie a franchise record with 52 wins.TORONTO The numbers five and six should be top of mind for Sergio Santos as he makes his return to the Blue Jays after a month in minor league purgatory. The "five" is in reference to the number of weeks remaining in what, to this point, has been a season gone wrong for the 31-year-old right-hander. The "six" is the $6-million club option the Blue Jays hold on his services for 2015. Pitch well in the final five and maybe, just maybe, hell be back in Toronto at that $6-million number. Perform like he did prior to his demotion and Santos is assuredly headed to free agency, where hes unlikely to find a deal as friendly as the pact for which hes striving. "A humbling experience first," said Santos of being designated for assignment on July 21 and outrighted to the Bisons three days later. "Its been kind of refreshing at the same time. I think you take for granted how great it is up here sometimes and so to be down there for four weeks was kind of a big wake up call. It can be frustrating at times and good at times. Just happy its over and getting another opportunity to get back up here." Santos has work to do to chip away at an unsightly 7.78 ERA compiled before he was sent packing. His season never got on track. He missed the clubs five-week hot stretch in May with a forearm strain. As his performance declined so did his role, going from a late-inning setup guy (the right role for someone with his fastball/slider combination) to a mop-up reliever who rarely got work. "I dont think I ever lost any confidence," said Santos. "I think going down there and having consistent throwing where I was throwing every other day and it was just, you get in a rrhythm, you get in a groove. Chris Godwin Youth Jersey. Pitching is a lot about momentum and I built up some momentum because I was throwing on a consistent basis." To Santos credit, he went to Buffalo and didnt mope. In 11 appearances for the Bisons, a team making a charge for a playoff spot in the International League, he didnt allow an earned run and struck out 16 hitters in 10 2/3 innings. The adjustments, Santos said, were minor. "After looking at some video my misses with fastballs were getting a little too much of the plate up here and so I focused on my misses being on the thirds of the plate as opposed to the middle and just getting ahead of hitters," said Santos. When a player is designated for assignment, theres a three-day window during which he can be claimed on waivers by another team. That didnt happen with Santos, who remained in Toronto huddled with his wife and three children. Despite what was said publicly, in advance of the July 31 non-waiver trade deadline the budget-conscious ballclub would have been thrilled to be freed from the pro-rated amount owing on Santos $3.75-million ticket. Santos likely would have leapt at the opportunity for a fresh start. It didnt happen. "I think the hardest thing was explaining to my kids, when they were here, because they would know theres a Jays game going on but Im not going to the field and where am I going, what am I doing and so that was the hardest part, explaining to them where I was at," said Santos. "I think they just wanted to come to the kids room and play here." Now he must show hes turned the corner. "Hopefully I can restore their confidence back in me with some good outings here," said Santos. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home School Dads Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: