Home School Dads

Line

Spacespace
Message Boards
Stripes

space
Home School Dads
A Website for Fathers who Home School

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How Do You Respond?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home School Dads Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RB

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had forgotten about this thread.

Last month I was at a home schooling convention in Kansas City. I went there to look at the A Beka curriculum that we were 90% certain that we would purchase for next year. Once I looked at the material, I was done. My wife and I strolled around the expo center, looking at other material, when we wandered across a display for some computer programs that she was interested in. In speaking with the sales lady the subject of my home schooling the children came up. And in the middle of this packed home schooling convention this woman asked me, "Are you ready to be fitted for your denim jumper?"

I know she was trying to be funny. She has no idea how miserably she failed. But I have to admit that I let down Twisted Lefty by not tearing into this woman in the middle of the convention.

I decided not to worry about what other people think. They donít do it very often. She wasn't worth the time or energy it would have taken to respond. I discovered that I am meeting these situations with a yawn. I'm not going to get into an argument with a stupid person. They'll just drag you down to their level and then win through experience.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home School Dads Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: