Home School Dads

Line

Spacespace
Message Boards
Stripes

space
Home School Dads
A Website for Fathers who Home School

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ll that by his face at the (post-fight) press conference.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bellis555

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:07 pm    Post subject: ll that by his face at the (post-fight) press conference. Reply with quote

MINSK, Belarus -- Defenceman Ryan Ellis scored in overtime to give Canada a 3-2 comeback victory over defending champion Sweden at the at the ice hockey world championship on Sunday, while two goals from Tyler Johnson lifted the United States 3-1 over Finland. Adidas Ultra Boost Uncaged Comprar . In the late games, Russia blanked Germany 3-0 for its sixth straight victory of the tournament and the Czech Republic overcame Norway 1-0. After a stunning loss to France in its tournament opener, Canada has answered with five consecutive wins and took the lead in Group A ahead of Sweden with one more game to play before the knockout stage. Ellis netted 2:38 into overtime on a breakaway after second-period goals from Brayden Schenn and captain Kevin Bieksa on a power play erased Swedens 2-0 lead. "Good play by (Mark) Scheifele," Ellis said about his teammate, who assisted with his goal. "The patience from Scheifele was unbelievable for such a young guy. He put it right on my tape and I just had to touch it." Joakim Lindstrom and Linus Klasen scored the Swedish goals. Swedish goaltender Anders Nilsson saved a penalty shot by Jonathan Huberdeau in the first period. In the other early game, Johnson scored in the third to make it 2-0 with a wrist shot and added his second into an empty net with 46 seconds left for the U.S. to move into the second place in Group B. Russias victory then secured the Americans a place among the top four teams which advance to the quarterfinals from each group. "It was a good game by our team," Johnson said. "Obviously, it was a must win for us to advance." Brock Nelson opened the scoring just 19 seconds into the game when goaltender Pekka Rinne wanted to play the puck behind his goal but it deflected off the boards to Nelson right in front of the empty net to knock it in. "It was a crazy bounce," Nelson said. "Youve got to be ready for anything. It was a good start for us. We did a solid job of playing smart defensively in this game compared with some of the previous (ones)." Tuukka Mantyla cut the U.S. lead to 2-1 with 3:14 remaining in regulation. Germany held Russia at bay for two periods before Vadim Shipachyov finally netted 3:58 into the third on a power play. Sergei Shirokov added the second and Viktor Tikhonov scored into an empty net for his seventh goal in Minsk. Russias 19-year-old goalie Andrei Vasilevski stopped 27 shots for the shutout. Russias star forward Alex Ovechkin left the ice midway through the third with an apparent leg injury. Vladimir Sobotka scored the lone goal 39 seconds into the game for the Czechs to move to the third position in Group A. Norway is tied for fourth with France and Slovakia. Czech goaltender Alexander Salak saved a penalty shot in the second and made 21 saves for the shutout. Adidas NMD XR1 Negras . Orlandos Glen Davis tried to get in the way, only to be driven back into the padding under the basket as the Pelicans forward slammed home a windmill jam. Adidas NMD XR1 Baratas . The group of Slava Fetisov, Igor Larionov, Vladimir Konstantinov, Sergei Fedorov, & Slava Kozlov were a dominant force for The Wings at one point in the 90s. http://www.ultraboostbaratasoutlet.es/adidas-ultra-boost-3-0-multicolor-zapatillas-hombre.html . The R&A announced Monday that golfs oldest championship will return to Royal Portrush in Northern Ireland for the first time since Max Faulkner won in 1951.LAS VEGAS -- Former UFC welterweight champion Matt Hughes says Georges St-Pierre should retire for good. St-Pierre has been on hiatus since vacating his 170-pound title following a controversial win over Johny (Bigg Rigg) Hendricks at UFC 167 last November. The 33-year-old from Montreal cited unspecified personal matters, saying he needed time away from the sport. Hendricks went on to win the welterweight crown while St-Pierre, who continues to work out, required knee surgery after an injury in training. St-Pierre has not announced his future plans other than to say that if he comes back, it wont be in 2014. Firas Zahabi, his longtime coach, told the MMAFighting website recently that he expects his fighter to return. "I think theres a lot of fire left in him," he said of St. Pierre. "Especially since he got injured now, hes probably more motivated than ever ... I think theres a lot of martial arts left in him." But Hughes, who lost the UFC title to St-Pierre at UFC 65 in November 2006, says now may be the time for St-Pierre to finish on a winning note. "The UFC would hate me saying this but Im going to say it anyway," said Hughes, now vice-president of athlete development and government relations for the UFC. "If I was GSP, Id probably hang them up. Here I am a guy that lost my (last) two fights and Id love to get back in there (to finish on a win). And Georges got his hand raised the last fight. Comprar Adidas Ultra Boost 2017 Para Hombre/Mujer+Naranja Brillante/Rojas/Negras. "So if I had to give advice, Id say, You want to get out? Get out." The 40-year-old Hughes, a UFC Hall of Famer, prefaced his remarks by saying he is a fan of St. Pierre. "I like him. He always gets his hand raised and he always does it with a method. But he took a punishment with Johny Hendricks and you could tell that by his face at the (post-fight) press conference. "Hes made a lot of money. I dont know what he makes a fight, but hes made a lot of money. He made a lot more money than I have. And Im retired. So he could step back, retire. Hes got plenty of money. "And it seems like maybe hes even lost a little bit of the drive. I wish he was more wanting to go out and finish somebody nowadays. Its just like hes going out there and kind of going through the moves, so I dont think his hearts there. "He did get beat up last time. I dont know if he wants to come back and take a beating like that." If GSP was to return to the Octagon, there will be people waiting to welcome him. "Hes going to come back against a guy like Robbie Lawler, whos going to hit him. And Johny Hendricks, whos going to hit him," said Hughes. Hughes also cited St-Pierre branching out into movies like "Captain America: The Winter Soldier." "So theres not many reasons for him to come back ... You tell me whats he got to come back for?" Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home School Dads Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: