Home School Dads

Line

Spacespace
Message Boards
Stripes

space
Home School Dads
A Website for Fathers who Home School

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

make several big saves. He made a point-blank save on Alex K

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home School Dads Forum Index -> Reasons for Starting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bellis555

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:44 pm    Post subject: make several big saves. He made a point-blank save on Alex K Reply with quote

Steve Bruce continued his unbeaten run with Aston Villa, but they were held to a 1-1 draw by Brighton at the Amex in the Sky Bet Championship. Asics Gel Lyte III Sale . Nathan Baker headed Villa in front after 20 minutes on Friday night before the Seagulls pulled level through a fine Glenn Murray effort on the stroke of half-time.Brighton may have dominated possession on the night, but it was Villa who had the of the better chances. Unfortunately for the away fans, though, they could not find another breakthrough and Bruce added a third draw to his three wins from six games in charge. Baker (left) scored with a header after 20 minutes Brighton, meanwhile, closed the gap on league leaders Newcastle, but the Magpies could extend the gap to five points when they play away at Leeds on Sunday, live on Sky Sports. Brighton started the better of the two sides, but it was Villa who opened the scoring thanks to Bakers header with the first real chance of the game after 20 minutes.Villa had not really got forward until they won a free-kick 35 yards out, and Albert Adomahs floated ball in found the head of Baker, who rose highest in the area to glance the ball past David Stockdale. Glenn Murray equalised from the edge of the area The home side continued to push forward but struggled to get their front two of Murray and Sam Baldock into the game until the 44th minute when the pair combined to devastating effect.First, Murray received the ball from Steve Sidwell then played a lovely one-two with Baldock before firing into the bottom corner with a fierce low strike from the edge of the area for his 150th league goal. The second half started at breakneck pace as both sides pushed for the next goal, and it was Murray who went closest just after the hour, heading narrowly over the bar for Brighton after Baldock had lifted the ball into his path.Villa boss Bruce threw on Jack Grealish midway through the second half and the young midfielder made an immediate impact as his quality on the ball helped the away side to dominate. Shane Duffy is challenged by Gabriel Agbonlahor In a period of pressure, Grealish saw two shots from the edge of the area deflected narrowly wide, while Jonathan Kodjia rattled the crossbar with one header before forcing a fine fingertip save from David Stockdale with another.Brighton substitute Jamie Murphy then forced a fine save from Pierluigi Gollini late on, but it was Villa who always looked the more likely to score again.Chris Hughtons side held on, though, and Villa missed their chance to climb into the top half of the table, sitting in 13th ahead of the rest of the weekends action. Brighton manager Chris Hughton claims he was happy to claim a draw against Aston Villa given the quality that Steve Bruces side possesses Brighton boss Chris Hughton:I thought we were very unfortunate to go 1-0 down when we did. We were up against a side that were very compact and pressed the ball, but didnt really have a goal threat in that first half period [before they scored]. It was very against the run of play.But as the game grew on they showed their quality and it probably got to the stage at 1-1 where I was reasonably happy with a draw. Theyre a very good side and have players who have come in for big fees to play in the Premier League, thats what we were up against.They showed what a big threat they are and why theyll be there or thereabouts at the end of the season.Aston Villa boss Steve Bruce:Its the best weve played in the second half because to come here is never going to be easy, [Brighton] are a very good side who have been playing very, very well.Were a bit disappointed we didnt see it out until half-time, but the way we responded in the second half, I can only congratulate them on a really good performance. With a little bit more luck maybe we could have gone away with all three.Weve worked meticulously on the shape and organisation, and with the flair players weve got were always likely to score a goal, and touch wood at the moment its going okay.Upgrade to Sky Sports now to watch Man Utd v Arsenal this Saturday and get the first six months half price! Onitsuka Asics Tiger Mexico 66 Schoen . The Brad Jacobs team from Sault Ste. Marie, Ont., advanced to Fridays championship game with a 10-6 win over Chinas Rui Liu in the semifinal. Nike Air Huarache Zwart . It was well worth the wait. Manning and the Denver Broncos waited eight long months, then another 33 minutes to get the season started because of a lightning storm. http://www.airhuarachesale.nl/asics-sneakers-aanbiedingen/asics-gel-lyte-iii.html . Levante, which had lost five straight including a Copa del Rey game last weekend, fell behind at its Ciutat de Valencia stadium when Ionut Sapanura opened the scoring for Elche in the 26th minute.NEWARK, N.J. -- Providing a highlight reminiscent of his heyday, Jaromir Jagr showed he still has the ability to win games. Stealing the puck at the blue line, Jagr skated the length of the ice, froze Tampa Bay goaltender Ben Bishop with a sleek move and deposited a second-period wrist shot into an open net to give the New Jersey Devils a 2-1 victory over the Lightning on Tuesday night. The 684th goal of Jagrs 20-year NHL career gave him 119 game-winners -- the most by any player since 1967-68 -- and moved him into second on the list ahead of Hall of Famer Phil Esposito, who retired in 1981. Gordie Howe has the lead with 121. "I remember him, I was watching (Esposito) in 1972," Jagr said. "I wasnt watching it live, I was just born in 72. I was watching the tapes and he was the man back then." During his career, Jagr also once was the man. Those days are over and now he just enjoys playing, noting he didnt even know he passed Esposito on the list. " You have to be pretty lucky to score at the right time," Jagr said. "Thats the way I think my body is built. I dont get much tired so I was scoring a lot of goals in the third period. Thats why I got a lot of game-winning goals." Adam Henrique also scored and Martin Brodeur made 16 saves as the Devils won consecutive games for the first time this season and ended Tampa Bays three-game winning streak. Steven Stamkos, who had three goals and four assists last week, scored a power-play goal for Tampa Bay, which had won 5 of 6 in posting the best record in the Eastern Conference. New Jersey, which lost its first seven games of the season, rallied late to beat Boston on Saturday for its second win. Brodeur, who preserved Tuesdays win with a great reaction stop in front on Valtteri Filppula with five minutes to play, joked about Jagr being 41, just as his is. "Hes been around a long time, longer than me actually, and thats pretty tough to say," Brodeur said. "This guy is amazing, the way he plays the game. I knew of him and played against him when I was younger so I cant say anything about his past, but what I have seen in his three months here, its pretty amazing to see him go. Not just the way he plays, but in the room and the way he conducts himself." Jagrs thirdd goal of the season came midway through the second period when he stripped Martin St. Nike Air Max 1 Ultra City Collection. nbsp;Louis at the Devils blue line and broke in alone for a 2-0 lead. Both New Jersey goals came on turnovers at the blue line. "On both goals we shot ourselves in the foot," Lightning coach Jon Cooper said. "We gave a first-ballot Hall of Famer a clear-cut breakaway from their blue line. Theres a really good bet that might go in the net." The Devils dominated the opening 35 minutes, jumping to a 1-0 lead at 1:36 of the second period when Henrique tallied short-handed against Bishop, who made 20 saves in losing for the second time this season. Henrique knocked down a pass that defenceman Matthew Carle tried to send from left point to the corner and it set up an odd-man rush. Henrique carried the puck into the Tampa Bay zone and then played a give-and-go with Patrik Elias on cross-ice passes, beating Bishop before he could get back into position. Tampa Bay, which had four shots in both the first and third periods, finally woke up after a penalty in front of the net by Henrique at 14:15 of the second put it on a power play. Stamkos swatted in his own rebound while falling to the ice to cut the deficit to 2-1 at 15:23. It was his ninth goal of the season. "We sustained pressure and got back into the game and we could have had the lead," Cooper said. "Why cant we do that for more than six minutes a game. Thats the frustrating part." While Brodjavascript:emoticon('Arrow')eur didnt face many shots in the opening two periods, he had to make several big saves. He made a point-blank save on Alex Killorn seconds before Henrique was called for his penalty and stopped Carle in close after Stamkos scored. Brodeur also stopped Tyler Johnson on a first-period breakaway and got a little help when a B.J. Crombeen shot caromed off the iron. NOTES: Elias appeared in his 1,100 NHL game. ... Lightning D Eric Brewer played in his 900th. ... Brodeur made his second straight start with Cory Schneider out with a lower back injury. ... Tampa Bay has scored power-play goals in four straight games. ... Henriques short-handed goal was the Devils second of the season. ... The loss also snapped the Lightnings three-game road winning streak, its longest since 2007-08. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home School Dads Forum Index -> Reasons for Starting All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: