Home School Dads

Line

Spacespace
Message Boards
Stripes

space
Home School Dads
A Website for Fathers who Home School

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

he ninth against Jeremy Affledt, who took over for

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home School Dads Forum Index -> Mr. Mom Syndrome
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bellis555

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:26 pm    Post subject: he ninth against Jeremy Affledt, who took over for Reply with quote

KANSAS CITY, Mo. Karim Benzema Jersey . -- Kansas coach Bill Self was chatting this week with someone who brought up the possibility that some unfortunate team with a No. 1 seed in the NCAA tournament might have to play its second game against Oklahoma State, which was once considered a Final Four contender. "I said, Just think if that happens in your conference tournament," Self responded. After winning their 10th straight regular-season title, the Jayhawks earned the top seed when the Big 12 tournament begins Wednesday night at the Sprint Center. But the reward is a first-round bye and a potential matchup with the eighth-seeded Cowboys in Thursdays quarterfinals; the two teams split their two meetings this year. Oklahoma State plays No. 9 seed Texas Tech in the first game Wednesday night. Seventh-seeded Baylor takes on No. 10 seed TCU in the nightcap of a double-header. "I think weve always had very competitive Big 12 tournaments," Self said, "but I dont know if I can ever remember where if theres a final between whatever seeds there are, it would be absolutely not a major surprise to anybody. Its going to be a pretty special weekend." The Big 12 has been the runaway leader in conference RPI all season, and some believe that it could land seven or eight teams in the NCAA tournament on Selection Sunday. Just consider the games that will be played Thursday: Along with Kansas getting Oklahoma State or Texas Tech, second-seeded Oklahoma will play the Baylor-TCU winner, No. 3 seed Texas will play No. 6 seed West Virginia, and No. 4 seed Iowa State will play No. 5 seed Kansas State. "This league," Texas Tech coach Tubby Smith said, "is by far the toughest in the country." Thats why the Jayhawks still believe they can earn a No. 1 seed to the NCAA tournament, despite their 23-8 record. Meanwhile, Oklahoma State (20-11) is teetering around the bubble, and a win over Texas Tech might be enough to push the Cowboys firmly into the dance. Knocking off the Jayhawks would certainly do the trick. "Were just trying to worry about the next game," Oklahoma State coach Travis Ford said, "and worrying about all that other stuff doesnt really do you any good." In that case, here are five things that fans SHOULD worry about: BUBBLE WATCH: Oklahoma State isnt the only team on the NCAA tournament bubble. Baylor (21-10) would feel much better with a win or two, while West Virginia (17-14) hopes the momentum it picked up by knocking off Kansas last weekend will propel it to enough wins in Kansas City to make a case on Selection Sunday. "I think if we won two wed be in great shape," said Mountaineers coach Bob Huggins, "but I think if we can win that first one that we would be pretty good." CHAMPIONSHIP CHALLENGE: Kansas is the only current member to have won the Big 12 tournament since 2005 -- twice since then, Missouri won the title. In fact, Oklahoma and Iowa Stare are the only current schools besides the Jayhawks and Cowboys to have won. "No matter what people say, no matter what other teams do," Oklahoma States Marcus Smart said, "it goes through Kansas." STAR WATCH: There will be stars-a-plenty at the Big 12 tournament. Andrew Wiggins of Kansas is a potential No. 1 draft pick, Iowa States Melvin Ejim is the Big 12 player of the year and Smart is also a potential lottery pick. But one player who wont be on the floor is Jayhawks centre Joel Embiid, whos been ruled out for the Big 12 tournament and unlikely for the first week of the NCAA tournament because of a stress fracture in his back. HOMECOURT ADVANTAGE: Local schools Kansas and Kansas State always pack the Sprint Center, but Iowa State also tends to draw well -- its campus is a reasonable drive from Kansas City. That means itll be tough to secure a ticket to Thursdays first session, when the Cyclones play the Wildcats and Kansas is also in action in a tantalizing double-header. LONGSHOTS: Even longshots have coaches concerned this year. Texas Tech is the No. 9 seed but has wins over Oklahoma State, Baylor and Texas on its resume. And nobody thought TCU would go winless in the league, so the No. 10 seed Horned Frogs could be primed for a first-round upset of the Bears. "Were going to do our best to keep within striking distance, like we have all year long, and give ourselves a chance down the stretch," TCU coach Trent Johnson said. Jeremy Mathieu France Jersey .The team had a meeting prior to facing Russia at the world junior hockey championship and got the effort theyve been looking for by defeating the Russians 4-1 to advance to the quarter-finals. Zinedine Zidane Jersey . While coach Doc Rivers high-fived fans and pumped his fist at the crowd, Blake Griffin and Chris Paul quietly congratulated each other. http://www.soccerfrancenationalshop.us/ . made a diving catch in left field for the final out in a 1-0 victory over the Miami Marlins in a regular-season finale Sunday. Zimmermann (14-5) allowed only two baserunners, finishing with 10 strikeouts and one walk in the fifth no-hitter in the majors this year.SAN FRANCISCO - Homer Bailey heard frequent reminders that he had a no-hit bid in progress. Not anyone on the Cincinnati bench mentioned it, however. "I wasnt really thinking about it, other than the fan just above our dugout who kept yelling at me about it," Bailey said. "That was nice of him." Bailey made a strong bid for yet another no-hitter, shutting down San Francisco until Buster Poseys two-out single in the seventh inning and pitching the Reds past the Giants 4-0 Sunday. Bailey has thrown no-hitters in each of the last two seasons, and did it against the Giants at home last July 2. He came close to pitching the latest gem at AT&T Park the ballpark was the scene of Tim Lincecums no-hitter Wednesday against San Diego. "I had pretty good stuff, got a lot of early outs and we scored enough runs," Bailey said. "It was our lucky day, I guess." Bailey (8-4) finished with a three-hitter as the Reds completed their first four-game sweep in San Francisco since 1972 at Candlestick Park. Billy Hamilton, Brandon Phillips, Brayan Pena and Skip Schumaker drove in runs as the Reds won their season-best fifth straight and eighth in nine overall. The Giants were swept in a four-game series for the first time in their ballpark that opened in 2000. San Francisco has lost 15 of 19 while watching its lead dwindle in the NL West. "We got them at the right time," Schumaker said. "Its still a playoff team, in my opinion. They are too good of a team. Im just happy to get out of here while they were struggling a little bit." Bailey walked one and struck out seven in his fourth career shutout and sixth complete game. Bailey walked Gregor Blanco leading off the fourth, but later caught him taking off early for third base and threw him out. That was all the Giants got into Posey singled cleanly to right-centre field. Pablo Sandovals bloop single moved Posey to third, but Bailey struck out Michael Morse looking to end the inning. "We ran into four starters as dominant as four starters Ive ever seen before," Giants manager Bruce Bochy said. "They caught everything we hit. They are as hot as any team, and as cold as we are, its what we have to deal with. Geoffrey Kondogbia France Jersey. " Bailey was trying to become just the sixth pitcher with at least three career no-hitters. Nolan Ryan leads that list with seven. "He pitched efficiently and we played great defence," Reds manager Bryan Price said. "When the outs are coming so early in the count, he has a chance." Tim Hudson (7-5) allowed two runs on five hits. He did not walk a batter and struck out six. Hes lost his last two starts at home after opening the season with seven straight wins. "My delivery felt a lot better and my timing was good," Hudson said. "They had one or two opportunities to score and they took advantage. I felt like I made a pretty good pitch on Hamilton. Every little run counts in a game like this." Hamiltons two-out double in the third drove in the Reds first run, and with the way Hudson was pitching he retired 12 of 13 following the double Bailey needed to be nearly perfect. The Reds tacked on three runs in the ninth against Jeremy Affledt, who took over for Hudson after Todd Frazier started the frame with a single. Affledt balked, hit a batter, threw a wild pitch, allowed three hits and an inherited runner to score and got his only out on Phillips sacrifice fly. NOTES: Bochy announced before the game he would be going with a closer-by-committee for the time being, with RHP Sergio Romo in the mix. "I think its time to tweak it a little bit, get guys on track," Bochy said. ... Giants 1B Brandon Belt (thumb) could rejoin the team Friday in San Diego, but not likely before then. ... Lincecum (6-5, 4.42) makes his first start since throwing his second career no-hitter. Hell face the Cardinals and Marco Gonzales (0-0, 9.00) on Tuesday night. ... Mat Latos (1-0, 2.89) will start Monday nights game in San Diego for the Reds. ... The Reds have won their last five series and are 6-0-1 in their past seven. ... Hamiltons 16th double gives him the lead among NL rookies, breaking a tie with Arizonas Chris Owings, who is on the DL. ... The other pitchers with three or more no-hitters: Sandy Koufax with four and Cy Young, Bob Feller and 1880s pitcher Larry Corcoran with three. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home School Dads Forum Index -> Mr. Mom Syndrome All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: