Home School Dads

Line

Spacespace
Message Boards
Stripes

space
Home School Dads
A Website for Fathers who Home School

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Field Trips for 2005-2006

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home School Dads Forum Index -> Co-Ed Field Trips
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bartii

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:13 am    Post subject: Field Trips for 2005-2006 Reply with quote

Each field trip has someone from the co-op who has volunteered to organize it. There are back up plans if a field trip can not occur.

I hope this is helpful.

Bart

September:

2nd week - Shakespeare Festival: The complete Works of
Shakespeare

4th week - Shiloh Farms: Eve Haddock

October:

2nd week - Pumpkin Patch:

4th week - Planetarium in Bruneau:

November:

2nd week - Micron Tour:

December:

1st week - Woodworking workshop:

January:

2nd week - KTVB(Local TV station):

4th week - Boise Airport:

February:

2nd week - Book Publisher:

4th week - Albertsons(Grocery Store)

March:

2nd week - PBS workshop:

April:

2nd week - Gown Field/Military Museum:

4th week - Cooking Class workshop(Easy
Cooking):

May:

2nd week - Botanical Gardens

4th week - BLM reforestation:

June:

2nd week - Pot luck lunch (hopefully - no rain!)

Weekend/Day Trips (need organizers):

Idaho Falls: Museum of Natural History

Ontario: Cultural Center

Lucky Peak Dam

Police Station

State Capital
bartii

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tomorrow, Sept 20, we have our first field trip. We are going to see "The Complete Works of William Shakespeare(Abridged)".

I am taking my youngest(9 yrs. old) with my oldest. We are actually making this a family event. My wife is taking off work to go with us. I think there are about 40 of us homeschoolers who will be there with other public school students.

Having gone to Shakespheare plays I have a good idea what is envolved in his writing. So, there is a little concern about what my youngest will see. However, we have had the birds and bees talk already. It was in last years science book. All three of us talked about it. My youngest thinks it is quite disgusting how babies are born. He asked me, "Do we have to do it the first night after we get married?" I was cracking up inside.

I will let you know how it went. After the field trip is our first P.E. group activity. For the next month it will be field games.
bartii

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The field trip went very well. My sons enjoyed it even though much of it was over their heads. Some of it is over my head as well. There was a lot of comedy, violence, romance, and so on. The violence wasn't terribly gross. I had to explain Hamlet to them. They thought that was gross. They both want to go back and my oldest wants to take acting classes.

Most shows are geared for adults so I don't know how many they will actually go to.

After the show they had their first P.E. day. I am waiting for them to get home to tell me about it. My wife took them since she usually has to work and can never take them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home School Dads Forum Index -> Co-Ed Field Trips All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: