Home School Dads

Line

Spacespace
Message Boards
Stripes

space
Home School Dads
A Website for Fathers who Home School

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ready for the New School Year?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home School Dads Forum Index -> Starting a Homeschool
View previous topic :: View next topic  
edtheredhead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 9:10 pm    Post subject: Ready for the New School Year? Reply with quote

Howdy All!

It seemed pretty quiet here, so I thought I'd pose a question. Are you all ready for the new school year? What have you been doing to get ready? What do you still have to do? When are you starting?

Anything we should know about your new year?

Godspeed.
BigDaddy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ed,
Things are starting to settle down a bit here so we can consider starting our school year! Our house went on the market for sale here this past weekend and we received an offer today. If we accept, the closing date is Sept 8.

This year will be completely different from the previous 2 homeschool years because we will be doing it while traveling. We've purchased an RV and will be "roadschooling" for the next 18-24 months. You and your daughter will be able to follow along over at my other website: www.awaywego.us.
bartii

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you come to Boise, ID you we've got to get together. Congratulations on the possible sale of the house. Did you get your asking price?
BigDaddy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We got exactly what we were asking for. Very Happy I'll look you up when we get to Idaho.

Back to the original question, we should be starting school next week. I'll be installing the curriculum on the boys laptops this week to familiarize myself with it. Then next week we'll be ready to go.
edtheredhead

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are in NW PA, let me know. We're close to Niagara Falls (must see in my book) and we've got some great sites here. Titusville PA is where oil was originally discovered. We've also got the Brig Niagara which was instrumental in winning the Battle of Lake Erie during the War of 1812.

We'd love to see you during your cross-country trek. We're praying that all will work out as your begin this journey.

Godspeed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home School Dads Forum Index -> Starting a Homeschool All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: