Home School Dads

Line

Spacespace
Message Boards
Stripes

space
Home School Dads
A Website for Fathers who Home School

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

fy the hard feelings that may continue to exist between Luon

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home School Dads Forum Index -> English / Language
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bellis555

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:13 pm    Post subject: fy the hard feelings that may continue to exist between Luon Reply with quote

GREEN BAY, Wis. Red Adidas Outdoor Shoes . -- Josh Boyd isnt into making a fashion statement, and he doesnt think he needs to go sleeveless to show off his toughness. All the Packers defensive lineman wants is to stay warm in the subzero weather when Green Bay hosts the San Francisco 49ers in an NFC wild-card showdown that could be one of the coldest playoff games in NFL history. So many intriguing story lines between these two NFC powers, and yet the arctic cold may trump them all. "Yeah, Im definitely going sleeves," said Boyd, a rookie from Mississippi. "I mean, I dont see it as a tough guy thing. I just see it as being comfortable." The National Weather Service forecast called for a high temperature in Green Bay on Sunday of 2 degrees, with north-northwest winds making it feel more like minus-15 to minus-20. The coldest NFL game on record is the 1967 championship game, known as the "Ice Bowl" won by the Packers 21-17 over the Dallas Cowboys at Lambeau Field on New Years Eve. The temperature dipped to minus-13, and the wind chill that day was minus-48. This might be little consolation to Boyd, for whom cold games in college meant playing in 30- or 40-degree weather. "Im from Mississippi, so this is a whole other animal," Boyd said. "Ive never seen negatives until I got here." Linemen are renowned for toughing out inclement weather without sleeves under jerseys. Dont want to give the opponent even the slightest idea that youre soft, the line of thinking goes. Well, 49ers defensive tackle Justin Smith is as tough as they come, and even he might wear sleeves for what he estimates would be just the second or third time in his 13-year career. "Youre not going to have an advantage having no sleeves. Youre not going to scare the opponent," said Smith, who has 6 1/2 sacks. Across the line of scrimmage, centre Jonathan Goodwin said he had no problem wearing sleeves. "I gave up on the dont wear sleeves to look tough a long time ago," he said. In some ways, players might be warmer than the 80,000 fans expected to pack frigid Lambeau. Once they get to the sideline, players can take a break on heated benches. Theyll likely wear long, heavy coats while not in the game. "This is not the norm. Anytime you get outside the norm for whatever your occupation, its obviously challenging mentally and physically," Packers coach Mike McCarthy said. "Thats definitely going to be the case Sunday." Footing on the field will be a key issue. Lambeau does have a heating system buried beneath the turf, encompassing 30 miles of pipes. There was supposed to be a brief "break" in the cold snap with temperatures rising into the upper 20s on Saturday, which McCarthy said would give groundskeepers a key day to work on the field. "It could be just a normal game thats played at a little slower pace. Or it could be where theres a lot of slipping and sliding going on, then you have to adjust a little bit," 49ers defensive co-ordinator Vic Fangio said. "You need to wait to see Sunday exactly see how the field affects the game." Another key for players will be to stay hydrated, though McCarthy jokingly put his index finger to his lips as if to tell a reporter to not let out the secret when asked the question Friday. "Weve seen it in past games where guys do cramp, so yes, its all part of our preparation," McCarthy said. If not for the arctic front marching into Wisconsin, more of the attention before Sundays game might be focused on 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernicks mastery of Green Bay in the teams last two meetings. Or quarterback Aaron Rodgers triumphant return from a left collarbone injury to help the resurgent Packers get back into the playoffs. Instead, San Francisco and Green Bay will have to deal with an unwelcome extra opponent: the bitter cold. Packers defensive lineman Mike Daniels seems to subscribe to the sleeves-are-soft philosophy. He doesnt like wearing them and plans to just play through the big chill and block out the conditions. And dont get him started on hand warmers. "I see offensive linemen with hand warmers, that tells me about them, man," Daniels said. "A defensive line coach in college said that, so I kind of kept that mentality." Cheap Adidas Outdoor Shoes . Advancing to the Champions League quarterfinals should be a formality after Lionel Messi scored a penalty and Dani Alves added a late second to secure a commanding 2-0 advantage over City in the round of 16 on Tuesday. Kids Adidas Outdoor Shoes . 2015 Oscar nomination pending. Here is an open letter from Steven Stamkos to his fans: When I shot this final Moment Zero film last August, it was a fun few days on set with Coke Zero and Jordan Eberle in my hometown of Markham. http://www.cheapadidasoutdoorshoes.com/ . But sometimes the way you lose takes precedence over the final score. And how the Jets lost the 5-4 game to the New York Islanders on Thursday is what had Coach Claude Noel hot after the game.Eight months after Cory Schneider was traded away, goaltender Roberto Luongo finds himself in another awkward situation with the Vancouver Canucks. Luongo will not get the start when the Canucks host the Ottawa Senators in the Heritage Classic at BC Place Stadium on Sunday. "I dont want to start going through this whole thing again," said Luongo, who has yet to start for the Canucks since returning from the Olympics. "Ive always wanted to play in an outdoor game so I was excited when I saw that we got one this year. I was looking forward to it." "I believe Roberto Luongo feels this is somewhat of a slap in the face," said TSN Hockey Insider Darren Dreger. "Almost a year ago, he fought hard to get out of the Canucks organization and hoped for the same in the summer and that didnt materialize. You have to think this is going to amplify the hard feelings that may continue to exist between Luongo and the coaching staff and by extension, the management of the Canuucks. Adidas Outdoor Shoes. quot; Eddie Lack, who has started both Canucks games since the Olympic break, has allowed just one goal in a shutout win over the St. Louis Blues and a shootout loss to the Minnesota Wild. "You also have to look at it from the prespective of head coach John Tortorella," added Dreger. "He doesnt care about the spectacle of the Heritage Classic, he cares about the two points on the line. Eddie Lack has been lights out good for the Canucks in the past couple of games. This is not a popular decision and I predict that this going to add to why this relationship between the player and the organization wont end well." "VAN obviously went into this eyes wide open and believes upside of Lack starting over Luongo outweighs downside of accompanying controversy," said TSN Hockey Insider Bob McKenzie on Twitter (@TSNBobMcKenzie). "I dont believe for a moment this decision to start Lack is related to any imminent Luongo trade possibility." Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home School Dads Forum Index -> English / Language All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: