Home School Dads

Line

Spacespace
Message Boards
Stripes

space
Home School Dads
A Website for Fathers who Home School

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Christmas Break

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home School Dads Forum Index -> I Need A Break!!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bartii

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 3:56 pm    Post subject: Christmas Break Reply with quote

Here it is the Christmas season. Tell us how long you will be taking a break from the standard subjects. I think we will just slow down, but we aren't going to go cold turkey and take a long break. I may take a week off after Christmas, but that is it. I do need a break.

What are some of your plans during the Christmas break?
edtheredhead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We actually just took a week after Thanksgiving (visiting in-laws) and this past week. This past week my daughter was doing Nutcracker every night and wasn't getting home until 11:00. I decided to let her sleep in every day and not even try to do school. So, we started up again this week. I haven't decided yet what we're going to do next week.

Godspeed all & have a great Christmas!
Rich

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 10:07 am    Post subject: school break Reply with quote

Our standard practice has been to take about a month off of the regular schedule beginning the week before Christmas and ending by the end of January. We still did school during this time but work on short unit studies. Beginning last year, my kids have been connected to co-op classes which follow a traditional school year more or less, eliminating that long winter break. They get almost two weeks off but we do miss the long break. Sigh, just another reminder that they're growing up. No more midday breaks to make snow angels...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home School Dads Forum Index -> I Need A Break!! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: