Home School Dads

Line

Spacespace
Message Boards
Stripes

space
Home School Dads
A Website for Fathers who Home School

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mom/Dad sharing work and homeschool?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home School Dads Forum Index -> Mr. Mom Syndrome
View previous topic :: View next topic  
timrec

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 10:08 am    Post subject: Mom/Dad sharing work and homeschool? Reply with quote

Hey guys! Currently I work full time and my wife is with the kids homeschooling. We both have electrical engineering degrees. I have worked in the field for 10 years and she had worked for 10 before she quit to homeschool our 8 and 4 yo.
Our situation is interesting. My wife gets overwhelmed being with the kids all the time. She loves homeschooling, but she says she needs a break sometimes. I feel like a 40 hours sitting at a desk are too much. Usually by Thursday, I feel like the wall in my cubicle are closing in on me!
My wife and I have discussed both of us sharing work and homeschool. In other words, we would both work about 20 hours per week for income and share the homeschooling.
Has anyone else taken this approach? We both have about the same income potential since we have the same degrees. I have spoken to my boss and he is open to part-time for me.
thanks!
RB

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 6:56 pm    Post subject: Go For It! Reply with quote

That sounds like a fantastic arrangement. I bet my wife would jump at that deal if we both had the same earning potential.

I have to laugh when my oldest son shows his disappointment when his mother grades his school work, or begins to instruct him in a lesson. "That's not the way Dad does it!" is the cry heard most often. Laughing

All three of us have to show patience and flexibility when mom comes home from work and takes a hand in the home schooling.

Keep us posted on how this owrks out!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home School Dads Forum Index -> Mr. Mom Syndrome All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: