Home School Dads

Line


Spacespace
Message Boards
Stripes

space
Home School Dads
A Website for Fathers who Home School
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

site registration

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home School Dads Forum Index -> Website Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Guest






PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:20 pm    Post subject: site registration Reply with quote

you should have to register to post, plain and simple.

if you've got something to say then a cursory invitation and a name to associate the posts with should be mandatory.

otherwise we end up with numerous "guests" and we have no idea who we are adressing in responce.
Back to top
TwistedLefty



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 8
Location: moosouri

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"you should have to register to post, plain and simple.

if you've got something to say then a cursory invitation and a name to associate the posts with should be mandatory.

otherwise we end up with numerous "guests" and we have no idea who we are adressing in responce."

logging in does not hurt either Rolling Eyes

sorry, for some reason i keep getting logged off on this forum and when i return i'm not used to having to check to see if i am logged on or not.
every other forum i frequent requires you to be registered and/or logged on in order to post.

requiring registration/ logging on to post would alleviate this annoyance.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
guest
Guest





PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a likely victim of GW's wiretapping surveillance, I will defend my right to remain anonymous in this site. I will therefore cdontinue to present myself simply as guest until further notice.

Guest
Back to top
TwistedLefty



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 8
Location: moosouri

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so you admit to communicating with terrorists? better you are a "victim" than me Rolling Eyes just so i know who to ignore Rolling Eyes

gives me a great idea for another suggestion thanx Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Rich



Joined: 18 May 2005
Posts: 173
Location: Coastal New England

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TwistedLefty wrote:
so you admit to communicating with terrorists? better you are a "victim" than me Rolling Eyes just so i know who to ignore Rolling Eyes

gives me a great idea for another suggestion thanx Wink


Dear Twisted,

I believe that too many innocent people will be hurt and not enough terrorists will be caught through this process. I'm not sure what a better alternative is, but many American rights are being taken while we become "safer." All you have to do to get on the watch list is send email abroad. While I believe that efforts must be taken to identify terrorist activity, I prefer to not jump on the paranoia bandwagon.

Rich

In case you're wondering, I'm not on the list.
_________________
homeschooling since '97: daughter, 18- away at college, son, 16 and daughter 13
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TwistedLefty



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 8
Location: moosouri

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich wrote:
TwistedLefty wrote:
so you admit to communicating with terrorists? better you are a "victim" than me Rolling Eyes just so i know who to ignore Rolling Eyes

gives me a great idea for another suggestion thanx Wink


Dear Twisted,

I believe that too many innocent people will be hurt and not enough terrorists will be caught through this process. I'm not sure what a better alternative is, but many American rights are being taken while we become "safer." All you have to do to get on the watch list is send email abroad. While I believe that efforts must be taken to identify terrorist activity, I prefer to not jump on the paranoia bandwagon.

Rich

In case you're wondering, I'm not on the list.


i think if you actually researched the program you would find that it helps us to be safer and that no ones rights have been taken away.
i assume you are talking about the nsa program that monitors calls coming from suspects outside the usa.

your claim that to get on the "watch list" all you have to do is send an email is interesting, but i believe it to be paranoid fiction.

do you have any links or facts to back this up?
i would be interested in disscussing this in the proper forum, why not start another thread with your alternative suggestions on how we should be fighting this war.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Rich



Joined: 18 May 2005
Posts: 173
Location: Coastal New England

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TwistedLefty wrote:
Rich wrote:
TwistedLefty wrote:
so you admit to communicating with terrorists? better you are a "victim" than me Rolling Eyes just so i know who to ignore Rolling Eyes

gives me a great idea for another suggestion thanx Wink


Dear Twisted,

I believe that too many innocent people will be hurt and not enough terrorists will be caught through this process. I'm not sure what a better alternative is, but many American rights are being taken while we become "safer." All you have to do to get on the watch list is send email abroad. While I believe that efforts must be taken to identify terrorist activity, I prefer to not jump on the paranoia bandwagon.

Rich

In case you're wondering, I'm not on the list.


i think if you actually researched the program you would find that it helps us to be safer and that no ones rights have been taken away.
i assume you are talking about the nsa program that monitors calls coming from suspects outside the usa.

your claim that to get on the "watch list" all you have to do is send an email is interesting, but i believe it to be paranoid fiction.

do you have any links or facts to back this up?
i would be interested in disscussing this in the proper forum, why not start another thread with your alternative suggestions on how we should be fighting this war.


Hi again, Twisted,

Please excuse my reply for suggesting that I have more than a casual interest in the subject. I have no burning desire to research said "security program" and I have no weblinks to support my feelings. I post my comments because I know of several individuals who have received security inquiries regarding their affiliations as a result of having simply communicated with family residing in certain European countries. I have no military security training but believe these kindly retirees emailing their elderly relatives are of reasonably low risk but could of course, be wrong. From my perspective, this is extreme and invades privacy rights but you may disagree. I have no interest in engaging in discussion on our Chief Executive's war strategies either but it's not because I have no opinion. Have a good evening.

Rich
_________________
homeschooling since '97: daughter, 18- away at college, son, 16 and daughter 13
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
guest
Guest





PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twisted,

You ask Rich for facts to back his commentary, yet you offer none in support of your assertion that the program can be properly researched and that it doesnt deleteriously affect the rights of those who are spied upon. My frequent phone conversations and e mails to the Sverdlovsk Oblast region of Russia certainly have been on the NSA radar screen for some time, of that I have little doubt. It happens to be a region where much of the Russian defense industry and research happens.

My efforts in the region are tied to a charity that my wife and I run, which supports efforts to get orphaned Russian children out to winter and summer camping opportunities, and to support shelters and baby hospitals in the region.

Twisted, as to your neocon buddies in Washington, I often make derogatory comments in their direction whenever I make international calls, for I do not fear them, nor am I moved by their use of fear in terrorizing the American public with comments about mushroom clouds over US metro areas, or forthcoming, terrorist attacks. You must remember that it is the use of fear by this administration that keeps authoritarian conservative followers in lock step with the administration. Fear only destroys our ability to reason....I will have none of it.
Back to top
BigDaddy
Site Admin


Joined: 25 Feb 2005
Posts: 148
Location: Orlando

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Due to the increased amount of spam posts lately, I have been forced to change the forum rules to only allow registered users to post and/or reply. If you have been posting legitament questions or comments as a guest, you will now have to register. This does not mean that you have to give out personal information about yourself. It only requires you to make up a screen name, password, and provide an email. And as for the email, I suggest you use a free email account such as Hotmail or something like it. You do not have to use your own personal email account.

Thank you for your understanding in our efforts to keep this forum spam free.

Admin
_________________
Father of 2 formerly homeschooled boys: Adam-15, Lucas-13
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Rich



Joined: 18 May 2005
Posts: 173
Location: Coastal New England

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigDaddy wrote:
Due to the increased amount of spam posts lately, I have been forced to change the forum rules to only allow registered users to post and/or reply. If you have been posting legitament questions or comments as a guest, you will now have to register. This does not mean that you have to give out personal information about yourself. It only requires you to make up a screen name, password, and provide an email. And as for the email, I suggest you use a free email account such as Hotmail or something like it. You do not have to use your own personal email account.

Thank you for your understanding in our efforts to keep this forum spam free.

Admin


Thanks Mark, for the block. The messages were getting to be like tent caterpillars, popping up everywhere and very unwelcome. Too bad that the ever pervasive SPAM has required such action. Telemarketing in another form.

Rich
_________________
homeschooling since '97: daughter, 18- away at college, son, 16 and daughter 13
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home School Dads Forum Index -> Website Suggestions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
Space

Space
Space
space