Home School Dads

Line

Spacespace
Message Boards
Stripes

space
Home School Dads
A Website for Fathers who Home School

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How Much Do You Do Poll?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home School Dads Forum Index -> Mr. Mom Syndrome
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How Much Do You Do Around The House?
100% My wife comes home from work, expects dinner ready, and watches TV.
16%
 16%  [ 2 ]
90% My wife does some cooking and cleaning. Usually on the weekends.
41%
 41%  [ 5 ]
75% My wife shares the housework, but I am still respnsible for the majority of it.
25%
 25%  [ 3 ]
50% My wife understands the partnership and we split the housework almost down the middle.
16%
 16%  [ 2 ]
25% My wife is the Psalm 31 model. She works all day and does the housework in the evenings. I just do the "guy" stuff.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
0% What, I'm supposed to homeschool AND do housework also?
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 12

BigDaddy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 1:29 pm    Post subject: How Much Do You Do Poll? Reply with quote

I'm curious to know who does what around the house so I have created this poll. In my situation, my wife doesn't do any of the daily "chores". However if the rolls were reversed and I worked outside the home, she would still expect me to take out the trash, do the yardwork, and various other "man" things around the house. How much of a Mr Mom are you having to handle?
bartii

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel, like my mom, since I am staying home that I should do most of the work. She is working all day making money so we can live she shouldn't have to do that much. I take care of most of the outside work as well. I do have two boys that can help.

My wife does clean both bathrooms and some other chores that I don't get to. I think, overall, it is fair.
BigDaddy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where's the votes? Ok dads, I know that more than 4 of you have viewed this poll. Let see the results.
pretendpilot

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 3:33 pm    Post subject: where's the vote clicker thing-y? Reply with quote

What? Nothing between 50% and 25%? 'Cause I'd sure take a long look at the 35% line! My wife does the homeschooling AND the house stuff 'til I get home...then it's more of a split. I know, this is for STAY-HOME Dad's but still!!! The goal here is to get everyone happy and asleep in time for me to "go do the guy thing."
Troy Stack-Nelson

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We live in an apartment, so I have no outdoors chores--cool. I don't mind doing 90% of the work, as my wife is extremely busy (she's doing a Ph D at an Ivy League school). I do work outside the home for 25-30 hours per week, but it's basically physical work, so it's actually a nice break from the teacher/homemaker routine.
BigDaddy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATE: For the past 4 weeks, my wife has been gone from being a mortgage broker as an employee of another company to being one as her own franchised office. The Lord has blessed us with her ability to work out of the house also. The last few weeks has been really great having her around the house. In between shuffling paperwork, faxes and phone calls, she has been able to spend alot of time with the boys and they have grown closer. We also been able to take a couple of mid-morning bike rides for a few hours, stopping for a few phone calls along the way of course!

She's helping out around the house too, doing a few chores here and there. This has been a big help as now i'm not so overwelmed since my web business has actually been picking up. It has also allowed me to focus on our marketing idea for the RV Road Trip. (see www.awaywego.us) We've received our first phone call from a possible sponsor Very Happy , so we could soon be taking this homeschooling thing on the road!

Anyway, I just thought I'd share how we've gone from one parent doing all the duties to a partnership doing what it takes to get the job done.

Mark
RSTX

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do almost all the cooking and general house stuff. We have a cleaning lady that stops in once a week, but I still pick up and straighten. I usually have supper ready when Tiff gets home. She baths the girls and does their hair before bed. I do all the clean-up from meals. I love my wife, but she is not a "neat" person. A week-old pile of dishes in the sink bothers her not a wit. A single dish in the sink drives me up a wall. I do all the "guy" things like mowing, garage work and trash detail. She bakes homemade bread once a week and also makes a great granola cereal. We have a good setup.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home School Dads Forum Index -> Mr. Mom Syndrome All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: