Home School Dads

Line

Spacespace
Message Boards
Stripes

space
Home School Dads
A Website for Fathers who Home School

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PEI Canada

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home School Dads Forum Index -> Where Are You Located
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Seawind

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:57 pm    Post subject: PEI Canada Reply with quote

I'm From Prince Edward Island - Canada
Have three boys in HS
12,13 (Soon 14) ,15
Andy
Rich

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:12 pm    Post subject: Re: PEI Canada Reply with quote

Seawind wrote:
I'm From Prince Edward Island - Canada
Have three boys in HS
12,13 (Soon 14) ,15
Andy

Welcome Seawind,

Glad to have you join us. Hopefully we will get acquainted through commentary on the forum.

Rich
Seawind

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:07 pm    Post subject: Hi Rick Reply with quote

Thanks for replying.
EdtheRedHead told be about this site when I bumped in to him at Sonlight.
I feel out of place over there with so many women. Know what I mean.
I see you are not to far form me in the new england coast some where.
I'm a Fisherman/ and part time minister.
My Boys fish Lobster and Mackerel with me. Among other things. Anyway, We have HS in the early years while living in West Africa. But we have been back in Eastern Canada for 5 years now. The Kids were in Public School for 4 years. But I begged my wife to HS for 2 of those 4 years. And We agreed to do it together. So here I am. In the same boat as you guys- So to speak. But we are all Glad to be back at home schooling over the last 1.5 years.
Anyway, thanks for replying. Look forward to hearing from other guys who are active in HSing to. I do my other jobs so I can afford to love on my Family. I really enjoy Hsing and the freedom it gives us as a family.
God bless
Andy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Hi Rick Reply with quote

Seawind wrote:
Thanks for replying.
EdtheRedHead told be about this site when I bumped in to him at Sonlight.
I feel out of place over there with so many women. Know what I mean.
I see you are not to far form me in the new england coast some where.
I'm a Fisherman/ and part time minister.
My Boys fish Lobster and Mackerel with me. Among other things. Anyway, We have HS in the early years while living in West Africa. But we have been back in Eastern Canada for 5 years now. The Kids were in Public School for 4 years. But I begged my wife to HS for 2 of those 4 years. And We agreed to do it together. So here I am. In the same boat as you guys- So to speak. But we are all Glad to be back at home schooling over the last 1.5 years.
Anyway, thanks for replying. Look forward to hearing from other guys who are active in HSing to. I do my other jobs so I can afford to love on my Family. I really enjoy Hsing and the freedom it gives us as a family.
God bless
Andy

Hi Andy,

Ed (the redhead) seems to be a great evangelist for this website and especially for us homeschooling dads. He's brought a number of guys into the fold. Thanks, Ed. We appreciate all you do.

I fully understand the issue of being the rare if not only male in the almost exclusively female arena. See some of my other postings on the subject. I think that men, lately anyway, seem to be more welcome in the role. Anyway, don't let your "scarecity" spook you. Hang in there and write to us frequently here at Homeschooldads. We're in your corner.

To let you in on a bit of my history, We've been homeschooling for awhile with me doing it most of the time. I was the only male, and still am in my homeschooling circles. Dads are a bit more involved now, but I'm still the primary homeschooling dad. It's swung from contempt of me to admiration. I certainly appreciate the change but it's taken a long time. My wife has contributed greatly to the process in varying degrees over the years. I've been able to arrange my work around the daytime need while my wife has been doing the daytime career. Alltogether, we've been able to provide a stable home environment while being able to homeschool for alomst ten years.

We have a gifted/special needs child, (son with ADHD and dyslexia) who has thrived is the specialized environment as well. Our daughters have been able to skip grades and even graduate highschool early. It's really rewarding to see our kids reach for goals and attain them. In the public school environment, it seems that by and large, kids just survive the process while being leached of energy and enthusiasm.

Thanks again, Andy for coming aboard. May God continue to bless you and your family in your homeschooling endeavors.

Rich
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home School Dads Forum Index -> Where Are You Located All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: