Home School Dads

Line

Spacespace
Message Boards
Stripes

space
Home School Dads
A Website for Fathers who Home School

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Writing .exe commands

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home School Dads Forum Index -> Working From Home
View previous topic :: View next topic  
edtheredhead

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 7:11 pm    Post subject: Writing .exe commands Reply with quote

I have set up a database program that I'm going to market. It is for parachurch & interchurch organizations. I now have all of the program done, the user manuals, etc. However, I have to create a .exe program that will create a new folder in the Program Files & copy the 2 files (front & back end) over into that folder and create an icon on the desktop.

I've never written an .exe file before. Can someone tell me what language they are normally in? Are they hard to do? I would greatly appreciate any help.

Thanks.
edtheredhead

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got my answer elsewhere. Thanks anyway all.
alakazam

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just in case someone has the same problem, the best solution I've found for that is Inno Setup:

http://www.jrsoftware.org/isinfo.php

It's a Windows only program that allows you to create a complete setup program that does the file copying, icons on desktop, etc. Best thing of all -- it's completely free.

I use Inno for all my Windows distributions (Mac stuff is easy -- just zip it!) and it's been a sanity-saver.

Jay Jennings
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home School Dads Forum Index -> Working From Home All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: