Home School Dads

Line

Spacespace
Message Boards
Stripes

space
Home School Dads
A Website for Fathers who Home School

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Gender neutral field trips

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home School Dads Forum Index -> Father / Daughter Field Trips
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rich

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 9:31 am    Post subject: Gender neutral field trips Reply with quote

I've been watching this entry since joining and have yet to see a reply. Although I have done trips with just daughter(s) and just son, all of the field trips that we've taken can be considered gender neutral. Am I missing the meaning of the question by thinking that it asks what would be a specific father-daughter experience? Although the three kids have different favorite activities, my daughters have enjoyed the same things that my son has. A few of our activities could be thought of as directed to one sex more than the other but not exclusively. Some of our more recent adventures have been wildlife tracking seminars, wildlife protection presentations, candy making, pottery making, historical sites, whalewatching, local theater, hydroelectric power, and others.
bartii

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich,

What may be helpful is have your girls tell what they got out of the field trip that you went on together. Then on the Father/son field trip section have your son tell us what they got out of the field trip.

Have your children tell us what they liked about the field trip. Or tell us what they didn't like.

If you go on a field trip that would be more gender oriented let us know how that went. Did you like the trip that you planned for your daughter(s) or son? Or, was it just a joy to see them excited about it. An example would be: You may not like ballet or oprah but your daughter really wants to go see a show. Have your daughter tell us what she learned and liked or disliked about the show, then you reply, maybe without her what you liked, felt, or disliked about the show. The same could go along with your son also.

bwb
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home School Dads Forum Index -> Father / Daughter Field Trips All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: