Home School Dads

Line

Spacespace
Message Boards
Stripes

space
Home School Dads
A Website for Fathers who Home School

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sports Questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home School Dads Forum Index -> I Need A Break!!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What's your favorite sport to watch
Baseball
50%
 50%  [ 2 ]
Football
50%
 50%  [ 2 ]
Basketball
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Hockey
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Golf
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Tennis
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 4

edtheredhead

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 10:53 am    Post subject: Sports Questions Reply with quote

Okay, in a continuing effort to get to know one another, here's another question for you:

What is your favorite sport to watch and what is your favorite team in that sport?

My sport is baseball & I'm a big Red Sox Fan.
BigDaddy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Auto Racing, although not a choice listed above...
bartii

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love watching my Seahawks. I have been with them through the good and many bad seasons. I am faithful to the end. However, I do like the Steelers, Packers, Colts, and Dolphins. I did like the 49ers when the had Steve Young and Joe Montana. I can watch any football team and be excited just to see the game.

NASCAR is my next favorite Sport. My Two favorite drivers are jr. and Tony Stewart, Cane. I love DE Sr. Sad day when he died. I prefer the commentators on Fox then I do on NBC.
Rich

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 10:45 am    Post subject: sports Reply with quote

Although I've never played team sports other than the rare pick-up game, I do enjoy watching them. My youngest is really into basketball but the sport that all three kids excel in is karate. Personally, I like weightlifting and cross country skiing.
BigDaddy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of the sports listed, I used to watch football every weekend. However, being a Buffalo Bills fan I haven't had much to cheer for in a loooong while. Therefore I haven't watched in several years except for the Super Bowl to see the commercials Shocked

I got into basketball after Orlando (my hometown) got the Magic. So, far I haven't lost interest there either even after last years dismal season Crying or Very sad

So, auto racing has always been exciting for me. NASCAR however is declining and is starting to get boring. (I like the phrase: "Life's too short to go in circles!") NASCAR in 2007 will probably be the end. Thats when they go to a spec series and all the cars will be exactly the same except for the engine. They will have different decals to make them "look" like Chevys, Fords, and Dodges, but they will NOT look like their counterparts on the street. Look at the current Dodge Charger race car verses the street cars front nose. So much for "stock car racing".

I prefer sports car racing like the ALMS and Speed World Challenge. Exotic cars, better driver and car access, cheaper tickets, and NO RAIN DELAYS!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home School Dads Forum Index -> I Need A Break!! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: