Home School Dads

Line

Spacespace
Message Boards
Stripes

space
Home School Dads
A Website for Fathers who Home School

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Role Playing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home School Dads Forum Index -> Other Teaching Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chan58

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 12:38 am    Post subject: Role Playing Reply with quote

I'm curious if anyone else does this, or if folks think we're wierd for doing it!

We actually fell, by accident, into this student/teacher role playing. Along about 9:30 in the morning, I'll announce that its time for school, and have them get dressed. I'll kiss them goodbye and send them off to school - up the stairs. Then I'll wait a couple minutes before heading up myself and coming into the classroom as "teacher". They'll say "good morning teacher", and proceed to tell me all kinds of things - like what they had for breakfast (even though I made it for them) and what they did the night before. They'll show me things (favorite toys, etc) as if they are talking to a complete stranger!

The whole thing is quite bizarre, actually. We laughed so hard one night when they told mom a secret about their teacher - talking as if I wasn't at all involved. They said "Mommy, our teacher teaches in his underwear!" Its true - half the time I'm up there in my boxers!

I've taken care to dress properly since then....
Paul

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, it doesn't sound wierd. It sounds like you're having too much fun Smile.

In our family it's "Monster Papa" who staggers around the house in search of caffiene. My younger two children will describe encounters with Monster Papa to me as if I had no previous knowledge of the situation ...

"Papa! Monster Papa was here looking for coffee, but I gave him a cup of hot water for tea instead!"
kabbik28

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just looking for something like a colleague above, can anyone help?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home School Dads Forum Index -> Other Teaching Ideas All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: