Home School Dads

Line

Spacespace
Message Boards
Stripes

space
Home School Dads
A Website for Fathers who Home School

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

21, 1990, he made a memorable visit to the

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home School Dads Forum Index -> Reasons for Starting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bellis555

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:56 pm    Post subject: 21, 1990, he made a memorable visit to the Reply with quote

MONTREAL - The first part of the Scotties Tournament of Hearts went perfectly for defending champion Rachel Homan. Markelle Fultz Womens Jersey . The Canada skip from Ottawa led her squad to a perfect 11-0 round-robin record with a 7-3 victory over New Brunswicks Andrea Crawford (6-5) at the Maurice Richard Arena on Friday. Homan will face Chelsea Careys Manitoba rink (9-2) in the first-versus-second game Friday night. Carey clinched the No. 2 spot with a 6-4 victory over P.E.Is Kim Dolan (3-Cool. Homans rink is looking to become the first to go through the Scotties undefeated since Linda Moore in 1985. Homan was satisfied her team recovered from the disappointment of losing at the Olympic trials in December. "We played really well," the 24-year-old said. "Some people might have doubted how we were going to do after the trials and I think we regrouped and got over it." Carey said she struggled against P.E.I because she wasnt feeling well and hadnt slept much but will be fine for the showdown with Homan. She is 7-5 in her career against the Canada skip. "Its great to win but its not life and death," she said. "Were not looking at it as a do or die thing so we can just go play and see what happens. "Either way, you get another chance." Saskatchewans Stefanie Lawton (8-3) finished third and will face Albertas Val Sweeting (8-3) in the three-versus-four game Saturday morning. The winner advances to the semifinal Saturday afternoon against the 1-2 loser. Lawton ended the round robin on a downer watching her last rock hit and roll just out of the rings to give Yukons Sarah Koltun (2-9) a steal for a 6-5 win. "We didnt quite finish it off," said Lawton. "Just a bad shot by myself, otherwise we would have won. "In the end it doesnt make a difference for us. It would have been nice to finish that game off, but well rest up and get ready for the playoffs." Koltun was a crowd favourite all week and the 2,061 spectators gave her a long ovation after her upset win. The 20-year-old from Whitehorse is the first player ever to skip at the Canadian junior championships and the Scotties in the same year. "Its been really cool," said Koltun. "Its so much bigger. "You feel like superstars here, where at juniors youre just another team. The crowd loved us and we loved them. Its been incredible." Nova Scotias Heather Smith (4-7) ended the round robin with a 7-6 win over Ontarios Allison Flaxey (3-Cool. The final is Sunday night. Markelle Fultz White Jersey .The Hanwha Eagles said the team was impressed with Morgans contact ability and base-running skills.The 34-year-old debuted with the Pittsburgh Pirates in 2007 and hit . Markelle Fultz Blue Jersey . The 33-year-old defender has spent his entire career at Chelsea, scoring 57 goals in 621 appearances. He regained his regular starting place under Jose Mourinho in the season that ended at the weekend without Chelsea winning a trophy. http://www.authentic76ersauthority.com/markelle-fultz-76ers-jersey-c-27/ . His head snapped back from the impact and hit the floor. The All-Star power forward was all right afterward, a relief for the Minnesota Timberwolves.NEW YORK -- The New York Yankees honoured Nelson Mandela on Wednesday night during their rain-delayed celebration of the legacy of Jackie Robinson, another icon of social change. The grandson of South Africas first black president, Zondwa Mandela, and Robinsons widow, Rachel, helped unveil a plaque commemorating Mandelas 1990 speech at the old Yankee Stadium. It hangs next to the tribute to Jackie Robinson in Monument Park beyond centre field at the current ballpark. Robinson broke the colour barrier in the major leagues in 1947 with the Brooklyn Dodgers. The ceremony was pushed back a day to Wednesday because the game between New York and the Chicago Cubs on Tuesday -- Jackie Robinson Day around baseball -- was postponed by rain. The plaque features a portrait of Mandela and a dedication. "Able to fill the shoes of our grandfather. That is not why we are here. Its simply symbolic to the fact that we all make up a piece of his magnificent work. I and family, just like all of you who are here, are just a custodian of his legacy," Zondwa Mandela said before the ceremony. "The efforts of the Robinson family, the efforts of our grandfather, should continue to give us a sense that the efforts of today are not supposed to reflect on our experience today," he continued, "but rather that they are for the lives to follow, the generations to come." Yankee captain Derek Jeter presented the Mandela family and Rachel Robinson with a replica of the plaque at home plate prior to the game. It reads: "Nelson Mandela 1918-2013. Noobel Peace Prize winner and global leader whose timeless efforts dismantled apartheid in South Africa. Markelle Fultz 76ers Jersey. As President of his country, he would use South Africas enthusiasm for sports as a unifying force for reconciliation. On June 21, 1990, he made a memorable visit to the original Yankee Stadium and proclaimed, "You know who I am. I am a Yankee." "In words and deeds, he became an inspirational leader to the world. Dedicated by New York Yankees, April 15, 2014. Presented to Mandela family from New York Yankees." More than a dozen notable figures, including members of the Mandela and Robinson family, South African government representatives, past and present politicians and labour leaders, Yankees owner Hal Steinbrenner, and singer and activist Harry Belafonte attended a pregame news conference. Several of those attending were present at the Mandela speech nearly 24 years ago and recalled Mandelas charisma that day. "I knew that he had something in mind when he walked on the stage and was going to be presented to America and all the cameras and the world focused on him," Belafonte said. "And he walked out in a Yankee jacket and a Yankee cap, and his first words were: You all know who I am. I am a Yankee. All of America went crazy." "The other hero, the other great hero, Jackie Robinson, (is) being celebrated at the same time," Belafonte added. "So were getting a double whammy. Jackie Robinson and Nelson Mandela being celebrated on the same day is to me a great moment." Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home School Dads Forum Index -> Reasons for Starting All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: