Home School Dads

Line

Spacespace
Message Boards
Stripes

space
Home School Dads
A Website for Fathers who Home School

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Former NHL defenceman Pavel Kubina announced his retirement

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bellis555

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:37 pm    Post subject: Former NHL defenceman Pavel Kubina announced his retirement Reply with quote

Former NHL defenceman Pavel Kubina announced his retirement on Friday through the NHL Players Association. Asics Tiger Aaron . The 13-year veteran won a Stanley Cup with the Tampa Bay Lightning and also skated with the Toronto Maple Leafs, Atlanta Thrashers and Philadelphia Flyers. Kubina, 36, skated in 970 NHL games, where he had 110 goals and 276 assists. He also added 10 points in 51 playoff games. "Making my way to the NHL and playing in the best league in the world for 13 seasons has been a dream come true," said Kubina in an NHLPA statement. "I will be forever grateful for the experiences and friendships that I have gained over the course of my career, including capturing the Stanley Cup in Tampa in 2004." Tributes from several players were also included by the players association. "I would like to congratulate Pavel Kubina for his 14 years in the NHL, what a great accomplishment," said Flyers forward Vincent Lecavalier. "Pavel has always been a great teammate on and off the ice. I had the pleasure of playing with and becoming a great friend and roommate of Pavels during his nine years with the Lightning. I had the chance to watch him become a top defenseman in the league and more importantly was his teammate when we won the Stanley Cup in 2004. I wish all the best to him and his beautiful family." "Pavel was one of the best defencemen I played with during my NHL career," said former Toronto teammate Mats Sundin. More importantly he was a great teammate and friend. I will always care about Pavel as one of my best friends." Fellow Czech Republic and Flyers teammate Jaromir Jagr added his thoughts as well. "I have great memories from when we played together on the national team at the Olympics, and also the World Championship in 2005, which we won," said Jagr. "It is sad that the Czech Republic is losing another great defenceman in the NHL, as he was a very experienced, quality hockey player." Asics Tiger Aaron - Uomo/Donna - Blu Reale/Bianche H51XJ-5001 . Berkman almost left the game last off-season before signing with the Texas Rangers. He then had another injury-plagued season and was limited to 73 games. Gel Kayano 20 Miglior Prezzo . -- Manager Bob Melvin shuffled the Athletics batting order and got the type of production he was looking for from the top of the lineup. http://www.scarpeonitsukatiger.it/onitsuka-tiger-mexico-66.html . Coming off a 6-0 drubbing at Chelsea on Saturday, Arsenal endured another demoralizing result after rallying for a 2-1 lead -- only to concede a fluke equalizer.FAIRFAX, Va. - Washington Nationals outfielder Jayson Werth was convicted Friday of reckless driving and sentenced to 10 days in jail for driving his Porsche over 100 mph on the Capital Beltway earlier this year.Fairfax County General District Court Judge Penney Azcarate said a jail sentence was appropriate given the excessive speed.I-495 is not a racetrack, Azcarate said in imposing the sentence. She added that her sentence would be the same regardless of what a person does for a living.Werth, wearing glasses and a conservative suit, briefly took the stand in his own defence. He conceded that he may have been going 90 mph, but disputed that he ever broke 100. He immediately appealed his conviction to Fairfax County Circuit Court.It is not unusual in Virginia for defendants to receive short jail sentences on reckless driving convictions where the speeds exceed 100 mph.Werths lawyer, Rod Leffler, sought unsuccessfully to have the case tossed out, questioning the reliability of the troopers pacing of Werth. Leffler also asked the judge to take into account that the speeding ooccurred at 9:30 a. Uomo/Donna Asics Gel Lyte III Selvedge Denim Leggero Bianco/Nere H6W4N-9990. . on a Sunday morning, when traffic was light. Leffler did not return a call Friday seeking comment.Werth, 35, has three seasons left on a $126 million, seven-year contract with the Nationals. He batted .292 last season with 16 home runs and 82 RBIs in 147 games.While the judge imposed a 10-day sentence, in reality Werth would likely only serve five days because of rules and procedures at the county jail.During the trial, state trooper P.L. Green testified that on July 6, he followed Werth for about half a mile on the beltway at 105 miles an hour before pulling him over on the exit to the George Washington Parkway. Green said he drew his weapon as a precaution as he approached Werth, though he quickly holstered it and said the conversation they had during the stop was cordial. Green said he asked Werth what he was doing and Werth said he was pushing his luck.Nationals General Manager Mike Rizzo said in a statement Friday that Werth has co-operated fully with the authorities throughout this process and declined further comment. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home School Dads Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: