Home School Dads

Line

Spacespace
Message Boards
Stripes

space
Home School Dads
A Website for Fathers who Home School

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ore than 148 consecutive minutes, going scoreless

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bellis555

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:32 pm    Post subject: ore than 148 consecutive minutes, going scoreless Reply with quote

PRETORIA, South Africa - In a day of potentially damaging testimony, a former girlfriend of Oscar Pistorius said at his murder trial Friday that he once shot his gun out of a car sunroof and later cheated on her with the woman he killed last year. Tommy Wingels Sharks Jersey . And a security guard recalled the athlete telling him everything was "fine" after neighbours reported gunshots coming from Pistorius house on the night of her death. The gripping accounts capped the first week of the televised trial of the double-amputee Olympian, whose chief defence lawyer has tried to sow doubt about the testimony of neighbours who said they heard a womans screams before gunshots. Proceedings have also focused on past incidents involving alleged gunplay, part of an apparent prosecution effort to portray Pistorius, 27, as a hothead who sometimes thought he was above authority. Prosecutors say he intentionally killed Reeva Steenkamp during an argument, but he insists it was a mistake, and that he fired through the locked toilet door in his bathroom believing an intruder was behind it. The security guard, Pieter Baba, testified that he telephoned Pistorius after the reported gunshots in the pre-dawn hours of Feb. 14, 2013, and that the athlete assured him in their brief conversation: "Security, everything is fine." Moments later, Baba said, Pistorius phoned him back, started crying and didnt say anything and then the line went dead. It was minutes after he shot Steenkamp, a 29-year-old model. "Not everything was in order as Mr. Pistorius was telling me," Baba recalled saying to a fellow guard as they were outside the runners villa. Earlier, ex-girlfriend Samantha Taylor, who cried twice during her time on the stand in the Pretoria court, said Pistorius always carried a firearm when they dated and sometimes shouted angrily at her and her friends. There were murmurs in court when Taylor said their relationship ended because Pistorius cheated on her with Steenkamp. Taylor said she started going out with Pistorius in 2011 when she was 17 and that the relationship ended in November 2012. She described some of Pistorius habits, including what side of the bed he slept on at home, the fact that he placed his gun on the bedside table or next to his prostheses on the floor at night and how he would balance against things if he was walking on his stumps. Pistorius was born without fibula bones because of a congenital defect, and his legs were amputated when he was 11 months old. He ran on carbon-fiber blades and is a multiple Paralympic medallist . He also competed at the London Olympics but didnt win a medal. Taylor described one occasion in which Pistorius fired his gun out of a sunroof soon after a policeman stopped their car for speeding. She also mentioned another incident in which she and Pistorius were followed by a car as he drove home. "When we arrived at his estate, he jumped out of the car with his gun and held it to someones window, and then they drove away," Taylor said. Defence lawyer Barry Roux raised the possibility that Pistorius was trying to protect Taylor, though she said did not feel threatened. Taylor also described problems in her relationship with Pistorius, the first amputee to run in the Olympics. "He cheated on me with Reeva Steenkamp," Taylor said. The court later adjourned briefly after Taylor broke down in tears while describing how Pistorius had earlier cheated on her with a different woman, and then again when she cried while discussing her problems with him. Roux, the defence lawyer, said he would produce emails between Taylor and Pistorius to show that her testimony was untrue, and he also sought to highlight apparent gaps in Taylors memory of the alleged sunroof gunfire in September 2012. Roux said Pistorius denies the shooting took place. Taylor also described previous incidents when Pistorius thought there was an intruder trying to get into his home, saying he reacted by waking her up. "There was one occasion when something hit the bathroom window and Oscar woke me up and asked me if I heard it," Taylor said. "He got up with his gun." But he woke you up, asked prosecutor Gerrie Nel. "Yes. There was probably one or two occasions when he woke me up to ask me if I heard something," Taylor replied. Pistorius did not attempt to wake or locate Steenkamp before he shot her by mistake, according to his own version of events. On the night Steenkamp died, security guard Baba said he drove from the main gate of the gated community to Pistorius home with a colleague after neighbours called to report sounds like gunshots from that direction. A few minutes after Babas two brief phone calls with Pistorius, two other people showed up: Johan Stander, a manager of the housing complex whom Pistorius says he called to get an ambulance, and Standers daughter. The group went to the front door of the house and someone pushed it open. Baba said he saw Pistorius coming down the stairs, carrying the bloodied Steenkamp. "I was so shocked," Baba said. "I started regaining my senses when Mr. Stander said Oscar." Joonas Donskoi Jersey . The All-Pro left tackle agreed to a five-year contract with the Eagles on Wednesday. Peters was signed for 2014, and his new deal adds four years through 2018. Marc-Edouard Vlasic Sharks Jersey . - Alex Dostie scored two goals and assisted on another to lead the Gatineau Olympiques to a 5-3 victory over the Drummondville Voltigeurs in Quebec Major Junior Hockey League action on Sunday. http://www.hockeysharksshop.us/Chris-Tierney-Jersey/ . The Raptors two leading scorers were never able to co-exist the way they hoped or the team had envisioned, but individually DeRozan was thriving, in the midst of a career season.LOS ANGELES -- The Staples Center crowd threw garbage onto the ice in the final minutes when a key call went against the Los Angeles Kings. The Anaheim Ducks dodged the debris and kept moving toward the post-season with a gritty win over their biggest rivals. Patrick Maroon scored the go-ahead goal, Frederik Andersen made 37 saves, and the Ducks beat the Kings 2-1 on Saturday night for their third straight win in the Freeway Faceoff. Andersen and the Pacific Division leaders barely held off the Kings, who had a 38-20 shots advantage. An apparent tying goal by Anze Kopitar was waved off with 6:23 left because of incidental contact with Andersen, prompting Kings fans to litter the ice. The Ducks still showed remarkable resilience in another bruising chapter of this rivalry. Tim Jackman scored an early goal for the Ducks, who won back-to-back games at Colorado and Los Angeles after a four-game skid knocked them from their longtime perch atop the overall NHL standings. Anaheim leads San Jose by two points in the division standings, and the Kings are well back in third place. "Its going to be tough for the Kings to catch us now," Anaheim coach Bruce Boudreau said. "Were up 15 points on them with 14 games to play. They were playing so well. We didnt think they were going to lose another game all year. It was important for us to come in here and show we could measure up to them." Tyler Toffoli scored a power-play goal and Martin Jones stopped 18 shots for the Kings, whose eight-game winning streak was snapped Thursday by Toronto. Los Angeles had won each of Anaheims last five visits to Staples Center since November 2011. The late-game controversy added to the lively rivalry in the Southern California clubs first meeting since their outdoor game at Dodger Stadium on Jan. 25. Kopitars shot through traffic hit Andersens crossbar and apparently rattled in, but the officials immediately waved off any goal, later announcing Andersen had been hit. "The puck was in, but there was some contact," Andersen said. "I couldnt really stop the puck. The ref did the right thing and made the right call." Replays showed the puck barely crossed the goal line while Marian Gaborik and Anaheims Jakob Silfverberg were next to Andersen. Los Angeles coach Darryl Sutter leaned onto the ice to disagree, and the crowd made its displeasure known. &"They called it that I touched the goalie before the puck went in," Gaborik said. Justin Braun Sharks Jersey. "But I dont know, I havent seen the replay." Dozens of fans threw drinks, water bottles and concession items on the ice, prompting a short pause in play while employees with snow shovels removed the garbage. "I dont know why everybody is getting wound up about that," Boudreau said. "They ran into our goalie. I thought it should have been a penalty, frankly. ... Ive seen a lot less things get called for penalties." Jackman put the Ducks ahead late in the first period with his fourth goal of the season, coming out of the corner to score on a slick pass from Mathieu Perreault. The Kings evened it on a power-play goal midway through the second period when Jarret Stolls shot hit Andersens pads and went straight to Toffoli for just his second goal in 26 games since Dec. 19. "I think we didnt play the best that we could," Toffoli said. "But I think we know now that the rest of the season here we have to play hard and play the right way." Los Angeles hadnt scored against Anaheim in more than 148 consecutive minutes, going scoreless against their rivals since Kopitars first-period goal early in their last meeting at Honda Center, two days before Jonas Hillers shutout in Chavez Ravine. Maroon put the Ducks back ahead on the games next shot just 1:09 later. Sprawling Kings defenceman Jake Muzzin deflected the puck past Jones for Maroons first goal since Jan. 30. The Kings scratched captain Dustin Brown, who played sparingly against Toronto on Thursday after Sutter said Browns entire line looked tired. The U.S. Olympian missed practice Friday with what Sutter said was an illness. Anaheim scratched U.S. Olympic defenceman Cam Fowler, who incurred a lower-body injury Friday in Calgary. The Ducks also played without 43-year-old forward Teemu Selanne, who has sat out the back end of several back-to-back sets this season. NOTES: New Anaheim D Stephane Robidas took the pregame warmup, but didnt make his Ducks debut. The veteran blue-liner, acquired March 4 from Dallas, is nearly recovered from a broken leg. ... Jones started for the second time in three games after Jonathan Quick missed practice Friday with an illness. ... Anaheims power play went 0 for 3, dropping to 2 for 42 in its last 13 games. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home School Dads Forum Index -> Legal Issues All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: