Home School Dads

Line

Spacespace
Message Boards
Stripes

space
Home School Dads
A Website for Fathers who Home School

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

second with a wrist shot over the glove of Ortio, chasing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home School Dads Forum Index -> Reasons for Starting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bellis555

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:24 pm    Post subject: second with a wrist shot over the glove of Ortio, chasing Reply with quote

My career has seen me do the strength and conditioning for some elite members of Team Quest, Reign MMA, and Black House. Paul Molitor Brewers Jersey . Its been a wild ride that has found me on the other end of the microphone and writing. Im now more of a media based personality that trains specialized clients, rather than a strength coach that does media from time to time. So when the opportunity came to do another fight camp, I jumped on it. Well, not exactly a fight camp. I dont intend on sparring. This is me showing fans what goes into the physical prep of a fighter. Its something every fan should experience. Not just MMA fans, but all sports. I always say you cant boo an athlete until youve trained like one. Without the sparring and the training injuries, this still isnt the total experience. If you follow along and try adding some of the treadmill sprint work, different lifting techniques and of course, the stretching, youll soon come to realize that MMA is actually a whole new level of tough. Never mind the technical aspect, lets get an appreciation for the workouts. For this blog, I want to give you the full experience. That means, training with a coach. Can I do it alone? Yes, Ive prepared some of the best of the best. I know that to get the best results, you need the best coaches. So I went where a few of my mentors and role models go. Troy Westwood is one of the fittest guys I know, hes the host of the Morning show on TSN 1290, Doug Brown played CFL and was one of the best of the best, Obby Kahn makes the best shawarma in Winnipeg, He also happens to have come back from injuries and illness that would have crippled lesser men. They all go see Jeff Fisher at Elite Performance in Winnipeg. So I knocked on the door. So far I have been through the testing day and I may be regretting the decision. Here is where the journey starts. I had a full medical work up to ensure no mistakes or simple injuries were caused during training. The worst thing that can happen to any athlete is to lose technical and tactical days because a Strength Coach caused an injury in the gym. A mistake that can be easily avoided with an understanding of the body and making a program designed for the athlete. I now have this thanks to Fish. The next step is finding the athletes starting point, and ensuring you never over train or take steps back. My testing day set out to find my lactic threshold, anaerobic capacity, and over all muscle strength. I did 17 beautiful chin ups. Not bad considering Im 63 and 228lbs. I was proud.Im getting my work done with a professional. If you dont have access to this type of total committed training, try doing this to find your starting point next time you are at the gym. (Always consult a doctor before beginning any exercise program) Work with a spotter/counter/timer Complete as many push-ups as you can without stopping. Rest 3-4 minutes and repeat. Same thing for Chin Ups. Plank once until failure. Run as far as you can in 12 minutes record the distance you go in METERS (not miles or kilometers). This is called the cooper test. Plug the numbers into this equation - Basically I want you to subtract 505 from the meters you run. Then divide it by 45. Thats your VO2 max; feel free to compare it with the normal numbers that can be found on the internet. Its fun to know where you stand. Once you have your numbers, start to make them better. Ill retest at the end of this fight camp, a pro athlete would just get in the cage because the proof is in the punch. For us fans of the sport, we just get to train like a pro, and get better at being healthy. Join along; this will increase your respect for top pros. My hope is to go out and visit a few of my friends competing in the World Series of Fighting and get training beside them. In the meantime, Im going to be grinding out workouts thanks to Elite Performance. Check it out on twitter #Relentless. Matt Garza Brewers Jersey . Rodriguez, who has steadfastly denied using banned substances while with the New York Yankees, made the decision nearly four weeks after arbitrator Fredric Horowitz largely upheld the discipline issued last summer by baseball Commissioner Bud Selig. "I think its a good move for him," former Commissioner Fay Vincent said. Milwaukee Brewers Neftali Feliz Jersey . Sources tell TSN Hockey Insider Pierre LeBrun the international tournament will likely return in September 2016 rather than 2015. http://www.baseballbrewersofficial.com/robin-yount-jersey-c-14/ . In sunny and almost windless conditions, the Swede shot four consecutive birdies on the front nine on his way to a 68 and went 9 under for a one-shot lead over Englands Lee Slattery and two over Paraguays Farbrizio Zanotti (6Cool.Anaheim, CA (SportsNetwork.com) - Ben Lovejoy tallied a goal and an assist as the Anaheim Ducks cruised into the All-Star break with a 6-3 victory against the Calgary Flames. Tim Jackman, Pat Maroon, Kyle Palmieri, Ryan Kesler and Ryan Getzlaf all lit the lamp and Frederik Andersen made 30 saves for the Ducks, who have won five straight games. Tonight was a night we really wanted, said Lovejoy. We wanted to have a happy four days (off). Sean Monahan scored for the fourth game in a row, while Joe Colborne and Mikael Backlund also lit the lamp for the Flames, who had their four-game winning streak come to an end. Jonas Hiller stopped 13-of-14 shots in relief of Joni Ortio, who allowed four goals on 11 shots. Anaheim extended its home winning streak to 20 games against Calgary. The Flames were last victorious at Honda Center on Jan. 19, 2004. The Ducks seized control early with a three-goal first period. Matt Beleskey emerged from behind the net and slipped a pass through the crease to Palmieri, who wristed the shot past Ortio 4:41 into the game. Maroon deflected Lovejoys shot into the net with 5:01 to play in the first period and Lovejoys wrister from the top of the right circle off a faceoff win made it a 3-0 game just over two minutes later. Jackman gave the Ducks a 4-0 advantage midway through the second with a wrist shot over the glove of Ortio, chasing the Calgary netminder from the game. Wily Peralta Brewers Jersey. The Flames, however, cut the deficit to two heading into the final stanza. Backlund deposited a loose puck into the net at 11;13 and Monahan finished off a smooth tic-tac-toe passing play with a quick shot from the slot with 48 seconds left in the second. Less than eight minutes into the third, Palmieri had a power-play goal waved off after it was ruled that he pushed Hillers pad into the net. Getzlaf made it a 5-2 game after he took Corey Perrys backhanded pass and beat Hillers glove with a snap shot with 10:16 remaining. Colborne responded just 58 seconds later after he batted a loose puck past Andersen to make it a two-goal game once again. Kesler scored on an empty net with 19 seconds left to account for the final score. Game Notes The Ducks are now 23-0-6 this season when leading after the first period ... Anaheim improved to 11-2-0 over their last 13 games at Honda Center ... The Flames entered the contest with five straight road wins ... Nate Thompson and Perry each had two assists for the Ducks ... The two teams will meet again on Feb. 20 in Calgary. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home School Dads Forum Index -> Reasons for Starting All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: