Home School Dads

Line

Spacespace
Message Boards
Stripes

space
Home School Dads
A Website for Fathers who Home School

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

he team win. Weve done a great job the last few

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home School Dads Forum Index -> Where Are You Located
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bellis555

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 10:32 pm    Post subject: he team win. Weve done a great job the last few Reply with quote

CLEVELAND -- Scott Kazmir ended up missing a good game. Mattias Ekholm Jersey . Kazmirs teammates overcame his ejection in the second inning by home plate umpire Jerry Layne and the Oakland Athletics beat the Cleveland Indians 6-2 on Saturday night. Brandon Moss hit a two-run homer and drove in three runs, Josh Donaldson also had three RBIs and Oaklands bullpen allowed one run in 7 2-3 innings to help seal the Athletics eighth win in nine games. Dan Otero (4-0) relieved Kazmir and pitched 3 2-3 scoreless innings. Kazmir revived his career last season with the Indians, going 10-9 with a 4.04 ERA in 29 starts. He signed a two-year, $22 million contract with Oakland in the off-season. "Its very frustrating," he said. "I was really looking forward to this start and this is probably the best Ive felt going out there." The Indians had already scored a run on a wild pitch when Kazmir walked Jesus Aguilar on a borderline full-count pitch with one out. The walk was the third Kazmir allowed and he was clearly unhappy with Laynes strike zone. Kazmir protested and Layne quickly ejected him. "I dont really know how to start," Kazmir said. "It ended up a pitch I thought was a strike, he didnt agree with it and before I knew it I was out of the game. It didnt even register I was out of the game. I went to the back of the mound and tried to regroup and I was like, I cant even pitch any more, its over." "He was gesturing and arguing balls and strikes," Layne told a pool reporter. "Thats automatic ejection. When I warned him, he didnt take any knowledge of that, and thats it. Bottom line, it was just pure balls and strikes." Kazmir said there was little time between the warning and the ejection. "I think the warning was in mid-breath, like, warning and then Youre out of here, same breath," Kazmir said. "So it was a little surprising. But what are you going to do?" Oakland manager Bob Melvin raced on the field and had a heated argument with Layne. Kazmir left the field, angrily fired his glove against the wall of Oaklands dugout and kicked a trash can on his way to the clubhouse. "I wanted to apologize to the trash can," Kazmir said. "It did nothing wrong. I was just frustrated." Asked if he thought Kazmir was ejected too quickly, Melvin said, "Its tough to comment, Im going to support my starter." Oakland responded to the ejection with three runs in the third off Josh Tomlin (2-1). "I think that kind of inspired us a little bit," Donaldson said. "I dont take that lightly when you throw our starting pitcher out in the second inning." Coco Crisp doubled with one out and scored on Donaldsons two-out single. Moss then hit a full-count pitch to right-centre for his ninth homer of the season. Donaldson, who had three hits, added a two-run triple that hit high off the wall in left in the seventh. Layne, the crew chief, initiated a review to check if it was a home run, but the original call was upheld. Moss followed with an RBI single. The Athletics lost a similar challenge last season when an apparent game-tying home run in the ninth by Adam Rosales was ruled a double and the Indians hung on for the win. Otero relieved and got Mike Aviles to hit into a double play. Fernando Abad allowed a run in the sixth, but Luke Gregerson and Sean Doolittle closed out the win. The game was briefly delayed during Oaklands rally when a squirrel ran across the field while John Jaso was batting. The squirrel stopped in the middle of the infield before finally jumping into the stands on the third base side and disappearing. A squirrel also interrupted the game on April 21 at Progressive Field when the Indians defeated Kansas City. The Indians have lost three straight and five of seven. Cleveland committed three errors and has made a major league-high 43 errors in 43 games. NOTES: Indians DH Jason Giambi (strained right calf) will likely be activated from the 15-day disabled list Tuesday. The 43-year-old veteran admitted the team is struggling. "I know were kind of sputtering," Giambi said. "We get that little glimmer and then it kind of falls apart. We have to keep our heads above water until we hit that good winning streak." ... 1B Daric Barton, designated for assignment Thursday, cleared waivers and was outrighted to Triple-A Sacramento. ... Indians LHP T.J. House, recalled from Columbus before the game, made his major league debut, pitching a scoreless ninth. ... Athletics 2B Eric Sogard, who is batting .091 (3 for 33) in May, was given the day off. Ryan Ellis Predators Jersey . Tampa Bay Buccaneers RB Doug Martin broke the news that hes cleared for full activity moving forward. Marek Mazanec Jersey . 3 Ohio State. Amedeo Della Valle had 15 points, Marc Loving scored a career-high 13 and the bench provided 38 points as the Buckeyes sprinted past Nebraska 84-53 on Saturday. http://www.predatorshockeypro.com/authentic-juuse-saros-predators-jersey/ . So it was understandable if he was a little shaky early in his return to the Texas Rangers rotation. He spent most of the outing searching for his best stuff, but still managed to shut down the struggling Minnesota Twins offence.ANAHEIM, Calif. -- This was one time when C.J. Wilson didnt question manager Mike Scioscias decision to remove him from a game while an inning was in progress. Despite the fact that a bout with the flu had sapped his energy, he still was able to dominate the Chicago White Sox for 7 1-3 innings. Wilson bounced back strongly from his shortest outing of the season, taking a three-hit shutout into the eighth, and Josh Hamilton drove in three runs to lead the Los Angeles Angels to a 4-2 victory over the Chicago White Sox on Sunday. Wilson (7-5) was charged with one run, struck out six, and was lifted after 107 pitches. Last Tuesday at Houston, the left-hander gave up five runs, six hits and five walks through 2 2-3 innings in a 7-2 loss. "I dont even remember what happened five days ago. Ive just been in a stupor," Wilson said "Ive been sick with the flu the last couple of days, so I didnt really have much in the tank. That was pretty much all I had. I wish could say that I could have gone nine today, or throw 130 pitches, but it just wasnt in the cards." Joe Smith relieved Wilson, giving up a double to pinch-hitter Alejandro De Aza, a run-scoring infield hit by pinch-hitter Conor Gillaspie and an RBI single by Adam Eaton before retiring Gordon Beckham in a double-play grounder. Ernesto Frieri got three outs for his 10th save. The White Sox concluded a nine-game stretch in Southern California in which they lost two of three to San Diego, won two of three against the Dodgers and were swept by the Angels thanks to Wilsons gem. "Wilson threw a great game. We didnt get anything going, and we were just flat," manager Robin Ventura said. "We just couldnt get anybody on base. And when we did, he got a couple of double-play balls that really just took the life out of any kind of rally." Chicago first baseman Jose Abreu started in the designated hitter role for the 10th time and was 0 for 4 with a pair of double-play grounders. A top contender for AL Rookie of the Year, he is 9 for 38 with four homers and 11 RBIs as a DH. "I think we held him in check the whole series, but I think we just sort of got him at a bad time," Wilson said. Jose Quintana (3-6) allowed four runs, seven hits and four walks through 4 1-3 innnings and struck out four. James Neal Predators Jersey. It was the eighth time in the left-handers 13 starts that he left a game with fewer than three runs of support, and he is 0-6 in those outings. "It just seemed like Q was battling all the time with guys on base," Ventura said. "I mean, hell walk a few guys here and there, but today he was just falling behind and not really locating like he normally does." Quintana escaped a bases-loaded jam in the first when he retired Hamilton on a popup and struck out C.J. Cron. But Hamilton drove in the Angels first run with a two-out double in the third, then made it 3-0 in the fifth with a bases-loaded two-run single after Quintana walked cleanup hitter David Freese. Cron followed with an RBI single that chased the left-hander. "In situations with guys on base, the biggest thing is putting the ball in play," Hamilton said. "One time I didnt and two times I did. You do what you can to help the team win. Weve done a great job the last few games getting runners in scoring position with two outs." Freese, who had never drawn more than two walks in any of his 507 previous regular-season games in the major leagues, got a free pass all four times up -- all on 3-2 counts. That tied a franchise record for a nine-inning game, and was the first time it happened since May 18, 2013, when the White Sox walked Chris Iannetta four times. "We worked a lot of walks today. Freese had the force field going today," Wilson said. "Anytime you put that much pressure on the starting pitcher and knock him out before the fifth inning, thats good." NOTES: This was the Angels third series sweep this season, and Jered Weaver had recorded a victory in each of them. ... The Angels are batting .170 with the bases loaded (8 for 47). ... The last time Wilson faced the White Sox was May 17, 2013, when he lost his second 3-0 decision to Chris Sale in a span of six days. ... Wilson has pitched at least five innings in 12 of his 13 starts without allowing any fourth-inning runs. ... The White Sox, who began the day trailing AL Central-leading Detroit by four games, open a nine-game homestand Monday night with a four-game series against the Tigers. SS Alexei Ramirez leads the league with a .381 home batting average. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home School Dads Forum Index -> Where Are You Located All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: