Home School Dads

Line

Spacespace
Message Boards
Stripes

space
Home School Dads
A Website for Fathers who Home School

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Guelph this Monday for a key game against the

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home School Dads Forum Index -> Where Are You Located
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bellis555

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 9:38 pm    Post subject: Guelph this Monday for a key game against the Reply with quote

RENTON, Wash. Kevin King Jersey . -- Earl Thomas is the latest member of the Super Bowl champion Seattle Seahawks to be locked up for the future. The best free safety in the NFL is getting rewarded quite well. Thomas and the Seahawks reached agreement Monday on a $40 million, four-year contract extension with just over $27.7 million guaranteed, according to two people with knowledge of the agreement. They spoke to The Associated Press on the condition of anonymity because there had been no announcement from the team. The agreement was first reported by NFL.com. Thomas, a two-time first-team All-Pro, could have gone into the 2014 season with free agency on the horizon. Instead, Seattle made sure to keep the most important cog of its defence through the 2018 season. Its the latest move in a strong off-season for the defending champions. While there were losses in free agency and difficult roster decisions with expensive veterans released, Seattle re-signed defensive end Michael Bennett before free agency began, then locked up coach Pete Carroll with an extension through 2016. The debate was whether Seattle could get a long-term deal done with either Thomas or cornerback Richard Sherman before either became a free agent after the 2014 season. Thomas deal is finished and the Seahawks can turn their attention toward trying to get a deal done with Sherman and solidifying three-fourths of the top secondary in the NFL for years to come. Strong safety Kam Chancellor is already signed through the 2017 season. Thomas was Seattles second first-round pick in the 2010 draft, the first with Carroll and general manager John Schneider leading the franchise. Its turned out to be one of the most important selections the team has made since starting a makeover with the duo in charge of moulding the Seahawks into a championship club. "Earl is as serious a competitor as you could ever hope to be around. He is in it, and hes on it and dialed in," Carroll said before the Super Bowl. Thomas was Seattles second-leading tackler last season and added five interceptions, but its what his presence allows the Seahawks to do defensively that underscores his value. His speed in coverage and recognition in the secondary are among the best in the game. Much of what Seattle wants to do defensively is predicated on having Thomas on the roster. At one point early in his career, Carroll had to threaten Thomas with benching because he was trying to do too much. Thomas was getting out of position and being undisciplined in his assignments. As he matured, those mistakes became harder to find. Thomas recognition of what opponents were trying to run became so good that he could play alone in the back of Seattles defence. Often this past season, the Seahawks were able to move Chancellor closer to the line of scrimmage and ask Thomas to patrol the back end by himself. He did that job at an elite level and earned his second straight All-Pro selection. "In this defence, I think me and Kam do a lot. Sometimes dirty work, sometimes a lot of game-changing plays," Thomas said during Super Bowl week. "Everybody on the defence understands that. Thats why this defence is so compatible with each other. Its selfless guys. "Were going to put everything on the line for each other. Love is the highest frequency we have and we understand that, and thats what its all about. When youre filled up with gratitude, its a genuine appreciation for everybody around you. Thats the way I love it." Thomas has 15 career interceptions in the regular season and two more in the playoffs. Thomas will still only be 29 years old when his new deal expires after the 2018 season. Kevin King Youth Jersey . A broadcast source said the deal is for five years. The agreement calls for a minimum of 17 regular-season games as well as the East and West Division finals being broadcast annually on ESPN, ESPN2 or ESPNEWS. Jamaal Williams Jersey . Sterling was banned for life and fined US$2.5 million by the NBA on Tuesday for racist comments the league says he made in a recorded conversation. Nash, who plays for the rival L.A. Lakers, spoke as a representative of current NBA players at a press conference assembled by Sacramento mayor and National Basketball Players Association adviser Kevin Johnson. http://www.shoptheofficialpackers.com/Elite-Josh-Jones-Packers-Jersey/ . - Henrik Samuelsson and Curtis Lazar each had two goals and two assists as the Edmonton Oil Kings secured top spot in the Eastern Conference by defeating the host Red Deer Rebels 7-4 on Saturday in Western Hockey League action.It was an amazing road trip. The Toronto Argonauts became the first team in CFL history to play four consecutive games on the road and win them all. What makes the accomplishment even more amazing is that it came without the services of Ricky Ray and Chad Owens for all four games, with Chad Kackert and Jeff Johnson missing at least two full games each. "Its not time off," Kackert told TSN.ca. "Its actually overdrive with the work. Its extra hours in the training room, and rehab isnt just sitting on a table and having someone attach electrodes to you and do ultrasound." Kackert missed six games earlier this season with a knee injury. He returned to play in Saskatchewan, but left the game in the second quarter with a concussion and missed the next game. He also missed a lot more during his forced time off. "Its really tough, and its not just the part that youre not playing and doing what you love," said the native of Simi Valley, California. "Its that youre missing a serious bonding experience with your teammates." Ricky Ray practised with his teammates this week for the first time since suffering a partially torn shoulder muscle on August 23rd. Unlike his teammates, Ray travelled with the team for every road game during his injury to act as a mentor to his replacement, Zach Collaros. That doesnt mean the time off was any easier. "Its hard because every day youre dealing with ups and downs with your recovery," said the 11-year CFL veteran. "Sometimes youre not as positive as you want to be, but theres other guys here to keep you positive and keep you motivated. "When you get hurt you feel like the world is going to stop for you and everybody is going to wait for you until you get back. It just keeps going, the team just keeps playing, life keeps going and youve got to go along with it and stay involved the best you can and help out in different areas, knowing that you cant help out on the field." Chad Owens missed all four games of the record-setting road trip. "It was tough. It sucked." said last years CFL Most Outstanding Player. "I hate not playing. Ive been injured before and its not fun." Some of the players who didnt make the trip gathered together and watched the game as a group, while Owens watched the games onn TSN with his family. Jamaal Williams Youth Jersey. He said watching the games as a fan gave him a different perspective on the game and he also learned something about the character of the Argonauts. "No matter how much it seems like were out of the game, were not." Jeff Johnson has spent the last dozen seasons with the Argos and is one of the teams locker room leaders. He plays some fullback and is a key component of special teams. Hes missed a total of four games this season. "When you play at this level, the game courses through your veins" Johnson told TSN.ca "To be standing on the sidelines, its very difficult, to the point of potentially depressing to deal with. The way you get out of that is to try and contribute from the mental side of the game and keep our teammates up." Johnsons longest stretch of missed games was in 2007, when he suffered a broken leg in mid-September and missed essentially the second half of the season. This injury, however, comes with Johnson at 36 years of age, not in his early 20s. Does that mean that he can sense his own football mortality and appreciate every time he runs through the tunnel? "Ive always had the perspective that this could be my last game," said the York University product. "Even when I was 22, I always thought that I was going to get cut the next day." Johnson used the leg injury to help motivate him to come back stronger than ever. "That injury in 07, that was a reset button for me" said the Mimico, Ontario native. "Breaking my leg was a challenge. I said Im going to come back from this and Im going to be better than I ever was. I was determined to not miss a single day of rehabilitation, stuck to the schedule, and going into the 08 season, I wasnt 100 percent, but I was able to be effective on the field. It was about halfway through that season that things started to come around and, as far as I was concerned, I felt that I was better." Johnson, Ray, Kackert and Owens have not all been in the lineup at the same time since July 19th in Winnipeg, a game in which Kackert and Ray suffered knee injuries. There is a strong chance the four veterans, all of whom are considered leaders in the locker room, will be on the field in Guelph this Monday for a key game against the Tiger-Cats. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home School Dads Forum Index -> Where Are You Located All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: