Home School Dads

Line

Spacespace
Message Boards
Stripes

space
Home School Dads
A Website for Fathers who Home School

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

School's out. Now what?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home School Dads Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rich

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 1:56 pm    Post subject: School's out. Now what? Reply with quote

Next week, we will experience again the homeschooled kid's woe. Because of being homeschooled, most of my kids' friends live far enough away that it requires parents to plan a get together. We do make plans, but my kids would love to just go outside and play with other kids. With the exception of two, there aren't any in the neighborhood that my kids are playmates with. The oldest has nobody around home that she hangs out with. It seems to be the public school "socialization." The same thing happens to some extent to those other kids I mentioned earlier. They go to private school and their classmates don't live in the neighborhood. It's been my experience that homeschooled kids play with everyone regardless of what grade or class they're in. In a nutshell, my kids feel left out in a neighborhood crawling with kids. They're not shy- they're avoided because they're considered weird. The others just don't know them well, don't see them in school, so don't include them in their activities. It's even harder because it's their dad who is home during the day and not their mom. What are you other homeschool dads experiencing at this time of year?
acoonalouis1

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes and we will surely miss the time , as it was a golden and precious time for us , also we have enjoyed a lot here , i wish the time will be back.
kiethmenker

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree,hope it will be back again
gombanert

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, i hope that too mate!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home School Dads Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: