Home School Dads

Line

Spacespace
Message Boards
Stripes

space
Home School Dads
A Website for Fathers who Home School

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Why we started

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home School Dads Forum Index -> Reasons for Starting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LunaTech

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:55 am    Post subject: Why we started Reply with quote

First I'd like to say hello to the other homeschooling dads here. We are a rare breed from what I've seen. The reasons we are homeschooling our 2 girls:
1. Christian based education
2. Closer family and more family time
3. Better education

I'm sure I could put more, but those are the big ones. I've recently quit my job as an electronic technician in manufacturing. I almost feel guilty because it was a really good paying job, but hopefully it will free up a position for someone else. Me performing the teacher roll made sense because my wife makes more $$ that I did and I'm more organized and structured than she is (she will admit that). God has blessed us with the opportunity to do this and we are thankful for that. Coming from a maintenance department in manufacturing (I have a degree in robotics) I was expecting much more "ribbing" about the role I have taken on being that maintenance techs are a rougher bunch. But I got the opposite, to my surprise. EVERYONE was supportive and wished me well. I got comments like "You are getting ready to take on a real job now" and "This really speaks well about you and your contentment to your family. I wish I could do the same". I'm also a licensed electrician and plan on doing some side jobs to bring in some extra $$$. But as I stated earlier, we seem to be a rare breed. I've haven't see any other homeschooling dads in my immediate area or message boards so I'm sure there will be some awkward times ahead. Oh well, bring it on. We know this is what God wants us to do. Just wanted to introduce myself and say hey.

Jeff
Located in the foothills of NC
Frank

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello and good luck, Jeff!
pete

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those were all great reasons and thank you for sharing those. More family time is definitely the greatest part of home school. Another great thing is the children can choose subjects occasionally which that would never happen in public school!
jakemills921

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for sharing
Jakot63

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post is very helpful.
company website
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home School Dads Forum Index -> Reasons for Starting All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: