Home School Dads

Line

Spacespace
Message Boards
Stripes

space
Home School Dads
A Website for Fathers who Home School

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is anybody still reading here?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home School Dads Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Frank

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:43 pm    Post subject: Is anybody still reading here? Reply with quote

I see Basil's recent posts and I made a couple not too long ago. Aside from that, this site seems really dead.

Basil, I love you, dude! I like and admire all my fellow homeschooling dads; but Basil and I are reading from the same hymnbook, so to speak.

Merry Christmas, everybody!

I'll check in a coupla more times in the next coupla months; but if it's still this dead, I'm gonna stop visiting. There are lots of other ways I could spend this time, ya know?

Frank
VTDad

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just found this place so I hope it still has a pulse. Boards like this tend to go through popularity phases, but this one is nice to see even if nobody is actively posting since HS dads seem to be a real minority. We have a similar problem at our board, holisticfaily.org where we'll have some good conversations for a while then nothing.

I like to think that there are a lot more than 180 or so HS dads out there so don't give up on this cool board!
RB

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have found message boards/discussions for dads to be dull. There is very little regular participation. You cannot hold a dialogue when people check in once in a blue moon. I stopped logging in months ago for this reason.
Frank

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, there've been several discussions here which were anything but dull! But your point about time lag and long-term discussion is well taken.

Since I made this post, there have been a coupla interesting threads and I think I'll just keep posting when the mood strikes me. Maybe it'll spawn a thread, maybe not.

Unlike some who've posted here, I do have a number of nearby homeschooling dads and we socialize face-to-face with some regularity; so I don't lack for dad-to-dad homeschool support. But I do sometimes enjoy the conversations which spawn here.

See ya,

Frank
Greg

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:12 am    Post subject: Is anybody still reading here? Reply with quote

Hi Frank and all the other HS dads!

This is my first post here, but I do check in from time to time when I'm feeling especially isolated and wondering whether I'm crazy to be doing this (at home with ds 8, ds 6 and ds 7 mo; in second year of HS). Of course, we may all be crazy... but I don't so. And if we are, well, I'm happy to be in such fine company.

Warm regards,
Greg from Trois-Rivieres, Canada
Frank

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:35 am    Post subject: Re: Is anybody still reading here? Reply with quote

Greg wrote:
Hi Frank and all the other HS dads!
This is my first post here, but I do check in from time to time when I'm feeling especially isolated and wondering whether I'm crazy to be doing this (at home with ds 8, ds 6 and ds 7 mo; in second year of HS). Of course, we may all be crazy... but I don't so. And if we are, well, I'm happy to be in such fine company.
Warm regards,
Greg from Trois-Rivieres, Canada

Bienvenue, mon frere!

Read some of the various threads here, comment if you feel moved to do so, and tell us a bit about yourself, if you would.

A bientot!

Frank (unschooling two teenaged girls)
RB

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For some reason I thought of this message board this morning and decided to drop in. It's been months since I was here last. Normally, one would expect there to be a HUGE number of unread threads. There isn't, which proves my point earlier in this thread. I find far more interaction through the readership on my blog, www.homeschoolblogger.com/arbysarchives which is where I can be found.
quadad

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:53 am    Post subject: Man up homeschool dads! Reply with quote

I just registered to this site and find it stagnant. In this time that were living in, us dads have to man up and raise up our children and educate, inform & train them to face this wicked world and it's vain philosophy. Especially, our sons who are going to be attacked in this feminist society.
philipandrews1

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello everyone, new here. and a new dad. just got up to the challenge of HS, and i think its fun and interesting.

hey, feminist society, i think, has got nothing to do with HS. i think it's on our own will and interest to get in this thing. and plus, i think it is very rewarding.
Frank

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

philipandrews1 wrote:
hello everyone, new here. and a new dad. just got up to the challenge of HS, and i think its fun and interesting.

hey, feminist society, i think, has got nothing to do with HS. i think it's on our own will and interest to get in this thing. and plus, i think it is very rewarding.

Hi, Philip (not a monster!),

I'm not quite sure what a "feminist society" is but I agree that homeschooling (specifically, we *unschool*) is fun and rewarding.

Welcome!

Frank (near Seattle)
LunaTech

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just found this site today and it doesn't seem to be very active, but some is better than none for us HS dads. I haven't seen any other HS dads on my local message boards which explains why this board isn't very active, there aren't that many of us. Anyway, add one more to the list of HS dads!
NH-Home Educating Father

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:53 am    Post subject: 1000 + days later=> Digital Footprint Reply with quote

Frank wrote:
Well, there've been several discussions here which were anything but dull! But your point about time lag and long-term discussion is well taken.

Since I made this post, there have been a coupla interesting threads and I think I'll just keep posting when the mood strikes me. Maybe it'll spawn a thread, maybe not.

Unlike some who've posted here, I do have a number of nearby homeschooling dads and we socialize face-to-face with some regularity; so I don't lack for dad-to-dad homeschool support. But I do sometimes enjoy the conversations which spawn here.

See ya,

Frank

Digital Footprint
Arrived here in later 2011 and to put my 2 cents into the time lag of communication:
Yes, it is so much better when regular postings are found so the communication circle is complete within hours or a few days not over the years; but!
We are leaving digital footprints and that is also important. Home based education is a journey that starts up and then finishes, so the idea (meme) has to be kept alive for those who follow us as they arrive to their decision point as to institutionalize their children or take the associated hardship and keep the RESPONSIBILITY within their family to educate their children. Especially when the burden is on the father. For moms it is easier by far since it fits the stay home dynamics whereas we father rather be out there to conquer the world. So let this message to be an inspirational digital footprint from an “isolated father” in the woods of southern New Hampshire who yet to find another home educating father nearby nor through the web whom I stay in touch regularly. Furthermore, this is my second run at it as I have completed raising two children form previous marriage and now I am starting up again and I do wish mom could do the heavy lifting but now I am with the experience….. and with a job that can be done from home while she is enslaved in Big Corporate America (world economy)-for now at least.
I post videos on Youtube when time and inspiration meets my schedule. That is where I contribute to inspire others. Going for local meetings: I stopped. The gender difference in parenting is huge and I can take only so much and then back off. (and wonder how these kids turn out to be great anyways, especially boys )
Z
acoonalouis1

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm reading some books like Jane eyre and they are really good , also have got a good blog for it that is helping me for the same , having bets books topics ion it and we can opt with any of the good one.
carloshoward45

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

acoonalouis1 wrote:
I'm reading some books like Jane eyre and they are really good , also have got a good blog for it that is helping me for the same , having bets books topics ion it and we can opt with any of the good one.

i agree...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home School Dads Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: