Home School Dads

Line

Spacespace
Message Boards
Stripes

space
Home School Dads
A Website for Fathers who Home School

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

neutrality on religion
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home School Dads Forum Index -> Website Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
basilosaurus

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, how I look forward to the day when the indocrtination of children in this country into religious faith is restricted or frowned upon. As non believers continue to be the fastest growing group in the realm of religious belief, we will eventually rise to the level of Europe, and send the christian god packing with all the rest who have enslaved the minds of free thinking people.

The record of my commentary on this site is available for all to view. I am proud of my input, and stand by it. The contradictions, irrational statements and nonsensical assertions made by those who I opposed in argument are also available for scrutiny...............most can be laughed off without further consideration.
basilosaurus

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am hopeful that the devout can keep their relgious comments within the numerous threads available to them on this site. As Christopher Hitchens once said "keep it to yourself or within the circles of like minded folks" aI dont want my children exposed to it any more than christians want their children exposed to satanic heavy metal music.
Frank

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

basilosaurus wrote:
...snip...I dont want my children exposed to it any more than christians want their children exposed to satanic heavy metal music.

Hey! I like metal, well, some metal. And rap, too, well, some rap. Does that make me a Satanist?

Do I get any redemption points if I hate country music and Frank Sinatra? That stuff HASTA be Satanic.

Frank - Oh my! The Flying Spaghetti Monster is gonna be jealous if I've (even unknowingly) gone over to The Dark Side.
basilosaurus

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frank,

I must admit that I still give the Sex Pistols a hearing now and then.

I believe my point was that the devout have gotten away with thinking that making their proclamations to the rest of us was somehow okay and that they had good and god on their side (two words that should never be allowed in the same sentence). I think that after all this debate on this site, one can look at the comments and realize that it can be easily perceived by any neutral party, that the criticism directed at my comments can easily be leveled against the very people who made them. I would think a good dose of Christopher Hitchens or if humor is desired, Monty Python's "Life of Brian", would be in order.

As to metal, I dont differentiate one from the other. It all is hard on my eardrums, although I continue to be in denial about the effects of a Maria Callas aria upon my hearing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home School Dads Forum Index -> Website Suggestions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: